Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x05 - The Constant Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCorporeal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, Kat! Danmond! Whoo~ ;D

Oh, Kat, by the way, yes this was after he broke up with Penny, and before he was let out of jail. It can totally get confusing sometimes, right? :O

I seriously loved this friggin' episode - as I have loved every one of 'em thus far. I've fallen in love with just about all the characters, now. I mean, before, I seriously liked Desmond, but this brought such a depth to him that I was totally bawling my eyes out when he was talking to Penny on the phone. How beautiful was that? On Christmas Eve? Awww~ (AND I'm glad my anxiety wasn't true and he did NOT collapse after the phone call. Hurray!)

HOW MUCH DO I LOVE DAN? A lot. Like, infinite love. Smart, smart man, and DUDE, he's having effing flashes like Des!? Side effects?! And that explains the cards last week! And and and.. I love Dan. And his hippie hair, haha. I have to say - the freighties are right up there with Juliet and Ben on my list of complex characters that need to stick around for as long as possible.

And yes, I wish they would celebrate Christmas, and by the looks of next week's trailer, they're going to be doing a lot more than celebrating. Can't wait! DON'T SHOOT DAN, JULIET. D:

Oh, oh. I, also, WAS disappointed with the freighter at first 'cause I had this whole picture in my mind that it was going to be this big GIANT warship looking thing.

I think we all agree that it HAS to be Michael who opened that door. "Looks like you have a friend," Minkowski said. Of course!

And okay *breathes* I'm done ranting! :D
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That episode was a-fuckin-mazing!!!! THAT'S why I love this show!
I knew this would be an awsome episode just becuase it was a Desmond centric with Sayid in it, but I was not expecting something that would have me on the edge of my seat, eyes glued to the screen the whole time, then actually feeling nervous that Desmond would die and then the BLACK ROCK journal!
skate, jate???? my ass!!!!!! Desmond and penny are the ultimate relationship!!!!! tears rolled down my face at the end.! Screw everything else, this is a ship I can get behind with no problem! She's his constant! Aw!

Lost does crazy things to me. It makes me hate it one week and love it the next. I can't quit this show, no matter how much I want to at time

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so enjoyed this episode. First time in weeks that I felt positive about Lost again. I had tears in my eyes during that last scene with Des and Penny talking on the phone. They are definitely my favourite couple on the show as their love is so strong, pure, real and honest.

I'm sooo making a new Despenny vid now!

littleton_pace wrote:
Dan, Dan, Dan...could you be more of a weird in the nineties? love that des is his constant tho, lol i can pratically hear the wave of 'Danmond' fans crashing in, lol.

That was exactly my thought when I saw the entry in his diary. I hope someone will make a vid about them. I'm sure it'd be so much fun to watch.

Oh, and...

Spoiler:

...it's Juliet's turn next week. Yay! I can't wait!!

Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
I so enjoyed this episode. First time in weeks that I felt positive about Lost again. I had tears in my eyes during that last scene with Des and Penny talking on the phone.

Agreed. FINALLY a good episode of this season of Lost where something happened!

Great stuff, carried by Desmond, what a legend.
The way they had them jumping back and forwards was good, and Daniel Farraday FINALLY did something and made his existence worthwhile. It actually did make sense, no huge time-travel flaws, apart from screwing up Farraday's notes. Because if they'd changed he'd never go to the island etc etc. But still, it worked, Sayid was good and solid, Desmond was great as was Penny, the end was just so sweet! Really powerful scene, for the first time in a long time. Farraday finally has something to do with his character, being a scientist which is excellent, but I doubt it'll last long. Other characters, well Jack and Juliet were there for a short time of course, got some info on the time difference stuff but otherwise it was all Desmond. And he was great. Somehow his episodes always are.

And time travelling Rats? How could we lose!

Charlotte was still irritating and stupid and pointless, even in the short time she had on screen. I want her to get buried in the sand head first, maybe use her to attract some crabs to fry up for supper...

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noj wrote:

Charlotte was still irritating and stupid and pointless, even in the short time she had on screen. I want her to get buried in the sand head first, maybe use her to attract some crabs to fry up for supper...

I'm second here. HATE her since her first appeareance

as for episode....have no words..OUTSTANDING, totally one of the best ever, if not the best one. I mean, everything was so perfect. All time stuff, I was so worried that Desmond would die, and just all was played out greatly. This "constant" thing is awesome (I remember at school this mathematical thing on my algebra lessons still btw LOL)

Also I need to say that I'm not a Dope shipper, but still the whole scene with the phone at the end was brilliant, bring tears to me...just . I think every girl in her life want to experience love like this (can I be any MORE soap ?!LOL)

and the most important for me....DAN....I love you. He is just SOOOO...this actor not in my usual taste or smth in men lol, but for some strange reasons I'm absolutely into him , and the character of Faraday.... Dan, be my constant too ... (ok, I'm crazy, I know LOL)...Totally want to make a Dan vid right now

anyway, brilliant episode. Constant and Economist are by far my favorites this season
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

savage_anna wrote:
Noj wrote:

and the most important for me....DAN....I love you. He is just SOOOO...this actor not in my usual taste or smth in men lol, but for some strange reasons I'm absolutely into him , and the character of Faraday.... Dan, be my constant too ... (ok, I'm crazy, I know LOL)...Totally want to make a Dan vid right now

Riiiight...that's good, yes good...you go and do that video. Take your time, take your time....*backs away slowly, doesn't make eye contact*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff that rocked about this episode:

-Finding out what happened to Sayid and Desmond.
-More stuff about time travel!
-We sorta now know why Des has flashes.
-CHARLIE WAS MENTIONED! SQUEE!!!
-Kate and Sawyer weren't in it. (Sorry, guys, they both just really ticked me off last week.)
-Lots n lots of Dan! He is officially on the AWESOME list, and he is made of amazing.
-The flashes were really cool!
-The Christmas Eve thing was so sweet. I bet Penny remembered what Desmond said and was waiting for him to call that night.
-Sayid is still awesome! Him and his cool techie-ness!
-I liked the fact that the episode had a main plot that was RESOLVED by the end.
-I was happy when Desmond's memory came back. ^_^
-The whole "friend on the boat" thing. I can't wait until we find out if it's Michael or not!
-Pretty much anything else I forgot to mention was also awesome.

Stuff I didn't like:

-Ummm....*scratches head* Uh...I dunno...OH! I was sad the rat died. Everything else was awesome.

My favorite episode of season 4!

art by me&tammy
LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this episode SOOOO MUCH! I mean, I think it was the best of season so far. There are probably the people who are so horribly confused with the time traveling and the crazy Desmond and the past Dan but I got it. It just blew my mind into little pieces!

This gets a 4815162342/10 stars because it rocked!

And my earlier quiet theory about Michael- yea. Ben said he had a spy on the boat. What did Michael do for Ben before? Spy. Or an insider. Or a double-crosser. What ever it's called. He probably cut the wires too.

And Dan had so much involvement in this episode! It made me so happy, being in the flash to the past time warp thing and actually helping Desmond even though that Charlotte-thing said no. WOO! GO DAN!

~end of rant~

Banner by erandil.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. love. dan.

that's all i can really say. just even thinking about the episode makes me want to hug him!

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, when past Dan hugged his rat, Eloise, I was like,

"I so want to be Eloise in that scene!"

Banner by erandil.
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noj wrote:
savage_anna wrote:
Noj wrote:

Riiiight...that's good, yes good...you go and do that video. Take your time, take your time....*backs away slowly, doesn't make eye contact*

You got me ....ok....I will do that vid....and will try to do it..to be good, yes good...just need some time....*trying not to make an eye contact also*
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

savage_anna wrote:
Noj wrote:
savage_anna wrote:
Noj wrote:

You got me ....ok....I will do that vid....and will try to do it..to be good, yes good...just need some time....*trying not to make an eye contact also*

*points men in white coats with a special jacket and a thorazine shot in the right direction*

cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan vid??? woot!!!! I'll watch a Dan vid. I wanna see a Dan vid. Go Dan. I love you Dan. Can I be your constant???

Amazing episode, one of their best. I'm getting excited about Lost again!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... I just have to come in here and say my piece, and do my squeeing, and then I'll be satisfied.

Was that exchange between Des and Pen not THE MOST ADORABLE THING EVER?!?!?!?!

I nearly cried. I love them so much. And knowing these writers, they'll never see each other again. Let's hope, for their sakes, that isn't the case. Because so help me I will write ANGRY LETTERS!!!!

But anyway, I just thought that was the sweetest thing, and I love those two so much, and oh oh...

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

*runs away*
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan lovers of the world, UNITE! *shows off new banner*

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: