Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x04- Eggtown Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Jemmz wrote:
Quote:
OMG this episode was hilarious!!!!! Kate's trial was hilarious (10 year probation? haha!!!) Kate using both Jack and Sawyer was hilarious, (just the thought of both men fighting for that woman is hilarious) Kate raising Aaron is hilarious, Locke throwing away the dishes was hilarious (oh wait, it wasn't, didn't I see this scene somewhere in season 2?). And the most hilarious part of this episode was learning that the PB&J ship was a big fat joke. Gotcha! Claire obviously didn't care about Charlie. She looks pretty relieved in fact that the hobbit is out of her life. haha. I can't stop laughing. To say that I made a video about Claire being broken up by Charlie's death. haha. OMG talk about being delusional. haha. Oh well, Claire, if you survive a while longer, you can brag to your girlfriends how a stupid and foolish guy died for you. That will make a lovely pajama party. haha.

CINTHIA! I am so sorry that you feel that way but you are so right! This is the message they're giving us. I used to have this trippy image in my head that Charlie went off to his death and Claire turns around with an evil smirk. It's sickening how she can smile, laugh and do laundry like she hasn't a care in the world. The fans were much more upset then her.

I really don't think it's Claire's fault, as a character. I think the writers are being dumb and assuming that she's had enough of a reaction.

My explanation is that she's in denial or trying to put on a brave face. She's crying offscreen....in my head, anyway.

I'm sorry you didn't like this episode either, Jemma, but I understand why you didn't. I just hope people don't hate Claire now, because I don't think the PB&J ship was a joke. I think the writers are doing a very bad job of having Claire deal with it, PLUS we just haven't seen much of her this season.

I know, I'm trying to figure out whether I blame Claire or the writers. At the moment it's both. It makes me so angry. They keep making Claire look nasty eg, always yelling at Charlie, not appreciating him, showing obvious frustration when she doesn't want his help, and now this. Is this how the writers wish to portray her?? I hope not. I shouldn't have watched this episode just before going to bed. It kept me up for most of the night T_T
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.. just to clarify.. who actually liked the episode?

I loved it. The only thing really bothering me is the way Claire is all smiley. Thats all. I loved the FF, the on island bits, and the final scene! Even if it did make my head spin. In my books thats a good thing. This season is so good.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVED it too! But yeah the Claire thing pissed me off...but everything else was awesome and its actually one of my all time favorite episodes now.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:

Digitalspy
I liked it! Have liked every Kate episode except Left Behind.

No offence but last week everybody was complaining at Claire's lack of screentime. This week she had a few scenes which because she was happy are also bad Claire being bummed out wouldn't really have fitted the episode imo.
I thought the skate was great, felt so sorry for Sawyer but the Jate ff was awsome!!!!!!!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:

*flails!* Meee~ Haha. No, but seriously I adored this episode. Even if it had some questionable things, I thought it was very well written, and I'm one of the few of the people I know who was entirely unspoiled. So I was going "WHAT?" all the way through. :D

I think this whole season has been fantastic!
Joon
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this episode was one of the worst Lost episodes and definitely my least favourite of this season so far.
Almost all of the characters were acting completely weird and seemed to suffer from memory loss. Kate's trial was ridiculous and I can't say that I like her future self. She hasn't shown remorse for anything she did and I hate that she got off so easily. And I'm simply not interested in her playing happy family with Aaron, although she's of course living a lie and I can't see it lasting for too long. She's finally the good girl she always wanted to be, but everything about her life is fake.

Even the editing of the episode was bad - especially in the last Skate scene. (Just look at Sawyer's hair - it changes in almost every shot.. )

And I have to say I'm also not too happy about the fact that it seems that the cast will be split for who knows how long - I want the Losties all back in one place so they can interact with each other.

Icon by ack attack
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheCorporeal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:

I second that.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why, but it makes me sad when someone absolutely hates an episode I love.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are just other people's opinions, Nikki I respect that you liked this episode. It will differ for everyone.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Jemma. Thats why I said I don't know why it upsets me b/c it shouldn't. But its just does. I hope you guys like next weeks.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me sad when someone hates an episode I love, too, Nikki, You're not alone. (I remember after I watched Further Instructions in S3 no one seemed to like that one...I loved that episode..) I hope everyone likes this week's episode. I still have faith in Lost, as it is still the best show on television.

art by me&tammy
TheCorporeal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually get bothered when someone loses faith in Lost altogether. It's like, "what, how, and why?" Haha. I don't get it~ And then there were many people who hated Stranger In A Strange Land when I quite enjoyed it. Everyone has their own opinions, but was it really horrible? D: But I agree with HobbitRockGod - best show on television, definitely.

Oh, and Further Instruction! I love that one! Mostly because I was squeeing over Boone. ;D
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the only reason I enjoyed it too He still looked hot.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I know. My mom thought so too...
Mom: Hey! It's Boone! He looks good! ...I MEAN...It's good to see him, not all covered in blood.

Yeah, I don't get how people can completely lose faith in Lost. Tis sad. I know people, myself included, were sad when Charlie died, but...the show can still be good without him. I like S4 a lot so far, myself.

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: