Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x04- Eggtown Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He definitely loves her, the writer's have made it quite obvious I think, Kate I'm not so sure about tho. I'm sure Sawyer would support her in the end if she really were pregnant, he's just scared. Not that it justifies some of his behavior, but he's human.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly didn't see why she got so upset at Sawyer! I just saw it as him being relieved that she wasn't pregnant, especially seeing as how pregnant women die on the island???!! SO yeah, it would be the worst thing in the world if she were pregnant. Anyway....I felt bad for Sawyer, Kate completely over reacted in my opinion.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kate overreacted too, tho it would have been nice if Sawyer actually mentioned it would be bad because she would die rather than just cuz he didn't want a baby...but again, she was being a bit overemotional about it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe b/c she really is pregnant so she's super sensitive. I know when I was pregnant. The littlest things would upset me...

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheCorporeal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm no longer a lurker, haha! D:

My thoughts on that whole Sawyer/Kate scene.. Well, I don't think Sawyer actually knew she could die by getting pregnant because no one told him. The only one who knew was probably Juliet and of course, Sun. I'm not even sure if Jack knew. So, yeah, I did think Kate overreacted a lot considering if she is or had gotten pregnant, she would have died. I guess maybe Kate thinks she'll really be getting off the island, but if I were her, I'd be relieved too.

Plus, after the whole Brig thing that happened - she doesn't really know the situation with Sawyer. I think it's changed him a lot. What he did doesn't come without consequence on his attitude and views.

AND. To top it all off - he was right. She does always come back to him after being pissed at Jack.

I might sound like Anti-Kate, but I still find her entirely complex, and Evi did a hell of a job of explaining Kate's past mistakes, and that gave me more empathy towards her. But most of my Lost talk always concerns Sawyer and his well-being! :D

Oh, and I seriously love Dan. I could pair him with everyone - that's how crazy I am. I wonder if he was doing an experiment or he has some kind of memory problem.

I adored this episode. I wonder.. if I'm the only one? :(
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for not lurking anymore! This is a great site! I think you explained that very well, and after i posted that about sawyer, I was thinking..."wait, he didn't know, did he?" lol So very good catching that. And don't worry, you only told the truth about Kate and I agree with everything you said. Sawyer may have been a bit harsh, but he was right. I think he's actually matured a bit since he killed Cooper, even tho it's been realyl hard for him since.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can finally make videos and rant about Lost goodness with the rest of you! ;D Indeed, LVI is awesome. (I'm glad I didn't sound incoherent, haha. For a few days, Lost had completely turned my brain to mush and I was starting to sound like Dan.) But I agree with you about Sawyer maturing. He finally let down his mask, and was so vulnerable last episode. It makes me wonder if Kate has really grown through all of this. It still seems to me like she's running away. Then again, in the Flashforwards is when we finally see her forced to stay put.

Hm, there's just such an interesting dynamic between those two. I'd hate for their goodbye to be final, though, I doubt that's the last they'll see of each other.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
I think he's actually matured a bit since he killed Cooper, even tho it's been realyl hard for him since.

I actually dont think we've seen anything about that yet. He hasnt shown any emotion over it, he hasnt sat and thought about it, he hasnt spoken to anyone about it, not even Locke, it's like he just killed a man and moved on.

I want to see him dealing with the murder otherwise, it's not a good thing for Sawyer - he'll forever be Sawyer and not James.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
TheCorporeal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably one of the things that bothers me the most. We have yet to see him realize or mull it over, and that's why I think his reactions towards Kate are way different from before. He did drop his guard and made a proposal for Kate and him to try out living there, and then it changed on a dime. I worry about him~ :(

Some people see that he's found his redemption, but ever since The Brig I believe he's more lost about who he is than he ever was. Then, we have that scene of Kate looking under the bed, which was friggin' eerie.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right I don't think Sawyer knows about pregnant women dying but Kate knows b/c wasn't she with Sun when she asked Juliet, "What happens to pregnant women on this island?"

riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL i'm sorry, for some reason that is cracking me up cause i'm replaying that phrase in my head with Sun's accent... hahahaha. "What happens to pregnant women on this island?" rotfl

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I did the same thing when I was typing it out!!

IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
LOL i'm sorry, for some reason that is cracking me up cause i'm replaying that phrase in my head with Sun's accent... hahahaha. "What happens to pregnant women on this island?" rotfl

You found it funny too?! unintential humor thread here we come.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes just the whole way she says it... LOL. I wish you guys could hear me, cause i'd imitate it for you!!!! I am all giggles over here... I have to take this to the unintentional humor thread...

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all found it funny too? LOL! The way she says it with that accent...I dunno why, it's just funny. xD

And just to clarify - I know we haven't seen Sawyer actually mull over the whole Anthony thing, I only meant that we have seen a change in him since and he has seem to have matured over the last 2-4 episodes. I didn't say it was because of killing Locke's dad, I just said that we've seen a change in him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: