Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x03- The Economist Episode Descussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so creepy that Ben is a vet. Imagine taking your pet into his surgery He'd probably be doing freaky experiments on them or something.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
It's so creepy that Ben is a vet. Imagine taking your pet into his surgery He'd probably be doing freaky experiments on them or something.

HAHA i woldnt want to take a bunnie in their either! He would paint numbers on it and shake it! Maybe make them walk through sonic fences
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw Trey has a pet bunny how cuttteee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...Did you just kill that bunny?" LOL!

I wouldn't want a guy who looks that creepy performing surgery on my pets.

icon by becca
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was funny when they revealed it was Ben and took the mask off his voice. He sounded a bit gay, because he already has a kind of feminan voice, and with the deep masking it just sounded funny lol.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I'd find a new vet

Ben just puts a whole new meaning to Bunny Boiler
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it was Ben. They can't fool me by masking his voice!

icon by becca
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(whoops, put this in the wrong thread )

Mmmm, good ep.

Well, I have an answer now. I know who to "root for". Because if there's one person on that island who I trust to get the right info before jumping into a decision right now, it's Sayid. If he's helping Ben against the Organization, or whatever these guys are gonna be called, then I think he knows it's necessary.

As for who the "friends" are, I'm gonna make a guess: the Oceanic 6 made it off the island, but lied about there being any other survivors in order to protect them from The Organization (filler name). But that's not stopping the Org from continuing to search relentlessly for the island. And in order to keep them from figuring it out, Sayid is enlisted by Ben to take them out.

Skate: perfect. Totally how I thought they felt. And just... too cute. Awww.

I loved the fact this was a Sayid ep where something actually happened, just like I loved that it was Hurley's ep first in the season. All these under-used characters are finally getting their shot! Now all they need is a Claire episode that isn't about her losing her goddamn hairbrush or something. PLEASE, PLEASE, PUT HER IN THE SPOTLIGHT!! Also, conmamma would be cool. But I can forgive lack of that if we could at least have an ep showing SOMETHING from her. Even angst over Charlie! (so long as it's the last time we have to deal with Claire being a "prop" for Charlie).
If she doesn't get one (and I don't know, since I haven't looked at any spoilers), then I'm gonna attribute that to being one of the "lost" episodes due to the writer's strike . But that doesn't mean I'll forgive it. Also, I have a slight hunch that maybe Emile's acting is what's motivating them to keep Claire on the low-down. I mean, we haven't exactly seen much range from her, have we..? That's like the only reason I can think of for why they've avoided her for this long. I guess we'll have to wait and see though.

Oh, also! I LOVE it when the flashbacks (flashforwards now. Who calls them futurebacks btw? Are people just trying to sound stupid by saying that? Is it supposed to be ironic?) are better than the on-island stuff. That has happened... well, I pretty-much can't think of a single time that's happened in the last three seasons before this. But now, all three eps! Oh - freaking - boy!

Sometimes I get embarrassed for Lost. Every time they introduce some new impossibility, like the polar bears, the smoke monster, the big secret dharma labs, the cow, and now the time travel... it just gets to a point where I can't "vouch" for it anymore. I am starting to give up on there being some all-encompassing answer that solves every one of these red herrings. So the new time-travel thing just doesn't do anything for me. I don't really care much. I still want to find out the "answer", but... I just can't justify that there is one anymore. This is the reason I can't recommend Lost to friends anymore. They just ask me "what now? Did they figure it out? Kate is actually a POLAR BEAR?!". Ug.
I think... I'll just wait for there to be an answer, and THEN I can tell them there is one, and force them into watching it all. Cuz I mean... aside from that silliness, this is really one of the BEST shows on tv. I never thought I'd say it, but it's really all because of the characters.

OH! The race begins on who can use that shot with Kate under the bed, seeing a pair of boots (Sawyer's) walk into the room, and compare it to the scene with little Sawyer hiding under the bed and watching his dad walking into the room and shooting himself. (GO GO GO!!) That was TOTALLY an intentional throwback. I wonder if they do these things just for us? I feel so proud. And they've been doing it a lot lately, what with Kate wearing the same clothes in the revisit to the cockpit as she did in the pilot episode (or did she? Might be mistaken). And likewise, that shot of Jack in the plane, with a beard, drinking the same cocktail as the first plane crash. These shots are freaking GOLD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
OH! The race begins on who can use that shot with Kate under the bed, seeing a pair of boots (Sawyer's) walk into the room, and compare it to the scene with little Sawyer hiding under the bed and watching his dad walking into the room and shooting himself. (GO GO GO!!)

My EXACT first thought! "Oh, that would make a great comparison shot!"
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha....I knew that scene looked familiar, but I couldn't place it until I read that post. I loved this episode! Twas awesome.

art by me&tammy
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - Kate did wear the same clothes she worse in the pilot, in the cockpit scene in 4x01.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, I have a slight hunch that maybe Emile's acting is what's motivating them to keep Claire on the low-down. I mean, we haven't exactly seen much range from her, have we..? That's like the only reason I can think of for why they've avoided her for this long. I guess we'll have to wait and see though.

I'm so glad someone other than me noticed Emilie's lack of acting talent. It really bugs me sometimes. But I'm willing to give her another chance if they give her an interesting episode. Come Emilie, you can do it!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
Quote:
Also, I have a slight hunch that maybe Emile's acting is what's motivating them to keep Claire on the low-down. I mean, we haven't exactly seen much range from her, have we..? That's like the only reason I can think of for why they've avoided her for this long. I guess we'll have to wait and see though.

I'm so glad someone other than me noticed Emilie's lack of acting talent. It really bugs me sometimes. But I'm willing to give her another chance if they give her an interesting episode. Come Emilie, you can do it!

that is a very good point. She is not the most prominant actor in the cast to say the lease. I like how you mentioned the shot of the bed mirrored Sawyers fb because i thought the same thing too!
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...how late am i for this episode discussion...well i know i am but here's what i like about this episode....

1.WOW Sayid shooting that guy was awesome!I couldn't ask for more in the beginning of the episode...(i'm soooo glad i didn't read any spoilers!)

2.Well how many people like Dan????Count me on the list!His clumsyness and awekwardness is soo cute...hahah

3.OMG that Jate scene...i'm so in love with it!!!

4.I totaly believed Hurley....that was unexpected!!!

5.Locke keeping Sayid and Kate as hostages???WTF!?They were eating the same food the last day and now they're acting like enimies???

6.I actually liked that Skate scene...you don't think i'm like one of those crazy jaters who don't see the cute skate moment,do you?Well i'm still jater but i enjoyed that scene...i want a BIG HUGE jate scene this season!!!!A kiss naybe...helloooo the writers,if you're reading this i need a meterial for my new video,pleaseee....(hahaha just joking!)

7.The end of the episode was really great!!!I couldn't ask for more...
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
nikkimonique wrote:
Quote:

that is a very good point. She is not the most prominant actor in the cast to say the lease. I like how you mentioned the shot of the bed mirrored Sawyers fb because i thought the same thing too!

I really don't know about Emile's acting. I've never been able to judge that sort of thing that well. But her character's had SO little development or challenge to her these past seasons... I'm starting to think it really is because of her acting . Maybe the writers have just been told "don't push too hard with Claire. This girl doesn't exactly do Shakespeare, if you know what I mean". Maybe they didn't figure this out until she was already a full-fledged prop for Charlie, and had the whole baby thing full-swing, and it was too late to kill-off Claire then? I just don't know.

I really hope that's not the case, because I've been looking forward to seeing more of Claire more than anyone. She was the bright side of Charlie's death - the promise that we might get to see her for a change.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Btw guys - has anyone used that Sawyer's-boot shot in a vid yet? If so, then who got to it first?! LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: