Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x03- The Economist Episode Descussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Yeah but I don't like to watch TV shows with lots of death either but this show has alot of that and it's not right to have death and hardly any grief. If Lost didn't want depressing scenes then there shouldn't be so many depressing storylines.

I heard that too. It would be a bit random now though, seeing as nobody's mentioned him for ages. Desmond should be feeling that though. Charlie wouldn't have done it if Desmond hadn't of told him it was "his destiny"

Jemma, we have 3 more seasons 16 episodes each! Were not going to have a 3 episode funeral story arch of grieving about Charlie ending with him rising out of the water proclaiming himself the messiah. Its just not going to work. Claire DID have a reaction! Episode 1! I thought that would be enough! And Desmond is NOT selfish. Hes acting on what Charlie said. "Not Pennys Boat" he wants ANSWERS! I thought people wanted answers on this show but i guess not!! Because we wont be getting any answers buy everyone sitting around mopping about Charlie! If your too upset about it to enjoy the show, than dont watch it anymore!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your beef with Des? :/ Can't he care more about the love of his life than crying over someone he hardly knows?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... What's with you guys? No, episode one is not enough! Claire can't be completely over it yet! If you were in love with someone, would you cry once and then not care anymore? Because that's how Claire is acting right now!

And as for Des... Yeah, he can be worried about Penny and all, but Charlie gave him that letter to give to Claire! As like, his dying wish! And Desmond just completely threw that off. So yeah, I'm mad at him.

icon by becca
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this show for the relationships that characters formed. And I'm sorry if I cared too much about the realism in their reactions to a death but I for one don't take death very lightly. There's no problem with getting answers and keeping a realism between the characters at the same time. Mourning over someone who's practically just died does not steal the show's "thunder" and no, it does not turn this in to the "Charlie show" You can think I'm biased and perhaps I am a little but I don't really care. I stand by what I've said and you can disagree with me all you like. I've been through this a thousand times and sure, if Lost continues like it is maybe I will stop watching but I have a right to my opinion though I am sorry because I tend to rant alot though believe me, I'm not even on full rant mode right now.

Please don't hate me for saying this, I just am sensitive about it.
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats with YOU guys? Its not the cry over charlie show! Theyll get to it, later when Des and Claire actually MEET UP! and just because Des gets on dosnt mean that hes not expecting Claire too. He dosnt get off the island anyway.
Spoiler:

We know aaron gets off

Please guys if you want to talk about how much the show sucks not that charlies dead, take it somewhere else because its really getting on peoples nerves who actually want to discuss the actuial episode.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
Jemmz wrote:
Yeah but I don't like to watch TV shows with lots of death either but this show has alot of that and it's not right to have death and hardly any grief. If Lost didn't want depressing scenes then there shouldn't be so many depressing storylines.

I heard that too. It would be a bit random now though, seeing as nobody's mentioned him for ages. Desmond should be feeling that though. Charlie wouldn't have done it if Desmond hadn't of told him it was "his destiny"

Jemma, we have 3 more seasons 16 episodes each! Were not going to have a 3 episode funeral story arch of grieving about Charlie ending with him rising out of the water proclaiming himself the messiah. Its just not going to work. Claire DID have a reaction! Episode 1! I thought that would be enough! And Desmond is NOT selfish. Hes acting on what Charlie said. "Not Pennys Boat" he wants ANSWERS! I thought people wanted answers on this show but i guess not!! Because we wont be getting any answers buy everyone sitting around mopping about Charlie! If your too upset about it to enjoy the show, than dont watch it anymore!

Trey, cut us some slack! You're getting awfully worked up about it. When Shannon died, Sayid had more than a thirty-second reaction. We - or at least, I, understand that we can't have a huge funeral-depressing-grief time for Charlie, but some sort of memorial would be nice. All the other characters who died at least had a funeral.

I want answers as much as the next person. I want to see the show go on and be the show we all know and love, but I am pissed that Claire (one of my favorite characters, btw) has been put into the background since Charlie died.

And Paul, I just don't like Desmond. I was unsure about him last season, and started disliking him around Catch-22.

There's no need to yell at us about missing Charlie, Trey. I'm sorry if I came across as harsh or mean, but, well, you kinda did.

art by me&tammy
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
I liked this show for the relationships that characters formed. And I'm sorry if I cared too much about the realism in their reactions to a death but I for one don't take death very lightly. There's no problem with getting answers and keeping a realism between the characters at the same time. Mourning over someone who's practically just died does not steal the show's "thunder" and no, it does not turn this in to the "Charlie show" You can think I'm biased and perhaps I am a little but I don't really care. I stand by what I've said and you can disagree with me all you like. I've been through this a thousand times and sure, if Lost continues like it is maybe I will stop watching but I have a right to my opinion though I am sorry because I tend to rant alot though believe me, I'm not even on full rant mode right now.

Please don't hate me for saying this, I just am sensitive about it.

*agrees completely*

And I'm not trying to say the show sucks. I for one think this season rocks!

But when a favorite character dies, people are going to be upset.

icon by becca
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deia wrote:

Loved the Kate and Sawyer scene. They actually talk TO each other for a change, rather than talking at each other and that was nice. She called him James and he called her Freckles. She must have liked that because... oh yeah, she decided to stay!

Am I the only one who though Sayid sold Kate out to get away and take Charlotte with him? Since he did speak to Locke and say he didn't expect him to just give him to her.

As for all the Desmond stuff, well I don't think he's that selfish but he only ever wanted to get back to Penny, from the very start. That's who he is.
However the complete ignorance towards Charlie's death is annoying. He's been a major character from the start, he dies to try and save them and we've had about 5 seconds of tears and that's it. Come on, people should be showing more emotion. You don't decide when you grieve over such things, it happens, and on a crappy island when it seems you may not get saved after all and his death seeming now for nothing would only make it worse

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right

Last edited by Noj on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just that every episode so far this season there's been the same old arguments about how Charlie's death isn't being treated properly and it seems like that's all people seem to care about and it's frustrating when there's so much other cool stuff going on in the show that is not being mentioned.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I would probably say right now Lost is sucking quite a bit. There's just nothing happening. Every time for the first three episodes, when we've got to the end I've gone "actually, nothing happened in that episode", and it hasn't.
Stuff on the island is not going well, it's feeling like Buffy the Vampire Slayer at times with corny little factions and crap, and the off island stuff offered a little intrigue, but then we had a flash back on a bunch of new characters who are all complete pricks anyway, bar the pilot.

Lost has got to do some serious work to win me back over at all. Start of season 3 was excellent, this is not.

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am I the only one who though Sayid sold Kate out to get away and take Charlotte with him? Since he did speak to Locke and say he didn't expect him to just give him to her.

I thought they traded Miles but you must be right!

And you would expect arguments about Charlie's death seeing as that was a big part of the S3 finale and the show itself but now, it's just been pretty much ignored and fine if you don't want to discuss it. That's completely fair. But it's like, I don't want to talk pages and pages about Skate or whatever but I don't complain.
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for another thing, in S3 they made a huge deal about Charlie's death. Now, in S4, it's like they're thinking, "Oh, he's dead and doesn't matter anymore," when it's not true.

I do understand where you're coming from though, Paul. And I do like discussing the episode itself.

Huh... I thought they traded Miles too... Never thought of that, Noj. Hmm...

icon by becca
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Quote:

I thought they traded Miles but you must be right!

And you would expect arguments about Charlie's death seeing as that was a big part of the S3 finale and the show itself but now, it's just been pretty much ignored and fine if you don't want to discuss it. That's completely fair. But it's like, I don't want to talk pages and pages about Skate or whatever but I don't complain.

We dont havt to talk about Skate.WE can talk about the story. So guys what did you think about the ending? Im thinking Ben is making Sayid kill off all the people imvolved in the conspiricy/want to get to the island.

he did trade miles, i think Kate just wanted to stay
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have no idea what Ben's up to. What do you think he did to get Sayid to work for him? Because I don't think Sayid would, unless Ben threatened him/his friends or maybe offered Sayid something...

icon by becca
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlies_Innocence wrote:
I really have no idea what Ben's up to. What do you think he did to get Sayid to work for him? Because I don't think Sayid would, unless Ben threatened him/his friends or maybe offered Sayid something...

Probably to keep everyone on the island safe. Its going to be interesting to see how all of them end upo leaving, and only those 6 specifically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: