Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x02- Confirmed Dead Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this episode so much! I love the freighters. I love the new angles.

Dan's my fave. There's something going on with him, and I can't wait to find out what it is. Maybe I'm influenced by Heroes too much, but I wondered if he was an empath when he was crying at the start. He didn't know why he was doing it, maybe it was a subconcious reflection of what other people were feeling at the news of the crash.
I'm a little worried for Juliet. The reaction of the freighters when they thought she was a "native" was kind of scary.
Anyone noticed that when Sawyer threatened to kill Ben in front of everyone he looked at Hurley who said 'No Dude' with his head, and that after this he 'calmed down'. I love that Sawyer gets this guenuine relationship with Hurley too.
As a Locke lover I was glad that we saw once again that Locke cares about his fellows inspite of his connection with the island. Sawyer's reaction to what Ben said was very strong, and it hurts because Ben knows how to mess with his head and his fears about Jack are all in his head!!! When Locke told James not to kill Ben in front of his daughter it seems that it was also an echo at Sawyer who had witnessed his father's suicide and how much it ruined his life.

Jack's wink?Oh my...Kate's face priceless,it seemed she wa thinking:"What the hell is he doing?" Great comunication!
Kate's jealous?Please...
Jack treats her as a child,no Kate let daddy do it...he has to be always superior to her,but I liked when he protects Juliet! GO JACKET!

and about what you have talking about.. i think that kate wants to love Jack, for who he is, ( like she made with Kevin).
But she's not Monica, she want's to be, but she's doesn't make Taco Nigths.
And forgive me.for me jack doesn't love kate.
When Jack left Kate in handcuff and a prisoner of a band of lunatics to go home with his new BFF he proved to me that he is not 'in love' with Kate. No man in love could have done that, not Charlie, not Jin, not even Bernard. Jack may love Kate but his own self interests and/or the greater good will always be more important than Kate; just as it was with Sarah. Kate would not be able to live long with that reality anymore than Sarah could. Nothing he does after that will ever convince me that he is ‘in love’ with Kate. We saw what a man ‘in love’ would do for her and it was to die if necessary to keep her safe.
Just my opinion..

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Deia on Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*fizzles out and dies* This episode was sooo intense. And I laughed at Ben...a lot. Locke has a scar! *twitch* Miles can talk to ghosts, Charlotte found a Dharma polar bear in a desert, Dan likes to cry, and Frank was suppose to be that pilot! It's so insane!

The part where Hurley goes, "I thought the cabin was the other way." And Locke was like "What?" and Ben was probably mentally freaking out. THIS MEANS- Locke wasn't in the cabin. It was Jacob and Christian, those two sneaky mystical island spirits!

Ha. They put the thing-y on Vincent. I so knew it was going to be the dog though. Frank saw one of Mikhail's cows!

They put different bodies down there on the plane. That creepy guy (Matthew? The guy from "Oceanic" that met up with Hurley) wanted to go scope out the island with Naomi and the other guys to see if there were any real survivors. Legal issues...? And the pilot wasn't the pilot! Mr. "Seth Norris" died in the "pilot" episode. (From back in season 1. Remember that? )

They. were. coming. to. find. BENJAMIN. LINUS. I was so surprised by that and the picture. Intense! Frank knew Juliet wasn't on the plane and Miles start freaking out and back at Team Locke Ben started being all stalker-y by saying Charlotte's parents' names and where she went to college and stuff. HE HAS SOMEONE FROM THE FREIGHTER. I don't know who, but (I believe) he said has instead of had which means they might be living. Like someone who survived the Purge. Crazy THEORIES!

*walks away*

Banner by erandil.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always love what you have to say Deia! yeah I'm not so sure that Jack is in love with Kate either. I think maybe he thinks he is though...hmmmm...I loved when he protected Juliet too! I'm glad you mentioned that! Dan is my fav. new character too and I think you're on to something with your empath theory! Makes a lot of sense!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
I always love what you have to say Deia! yeah I'm not so sure that Jack is in love with Kate either. I think maybe he thinks he is though...hmmmm...I loved when he protected Juliet too! I'm glad you mentioned that! Dan is my fav. new character too and I think you're on to something with your empath theory! Makes a lot of sense!

sometimes i don't know if is my hate for the ship, or i'm seeing things that doesn't exist.
Jate has lost any credibility to me with that disgusting scene. No man in love would ever leave the woman he loves behind in handcuffs and facing certain death because it would eat him up alive. Jack did it with such an ease, as if he just decided to buy another car for himself. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that kind of behaviour is what true love is all about. Sawyer would never do that to Kate, Charlie would never do that to Claire, Jin would never do that to Sun, Bernard would never do that to Rose and I'm sure Sayid would have never done that to Shannon. If TPTB ever want me to convince of this strong, real and passionate love between Jack and Kate they have to write them differently. No more leaving each other behind in the hands of murderers, no more
Spoiler:

rejecting the other person because of a baby,

no more condescending behaviour and big trust issues, no more lies, no more yelling and crying. In short, they would have to invent a totally new Jack and Kate to ever make them believable to me.

with juliet jack is so different.. more gentleman, he's not superior . He respects her, not judge her.they're equals!
and of course..MF and EM have a great chemistry

i'm so excited for he next episode! these new characters are amazing! i'm so curious to know something more about them ^^

Sawyer: "Who are we to argue with 'Taller Ghost Walt'?" LMAO!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are soo right. Jack acts completely different with Juliet. And I read that sentence you had in the spoiler tags....ouch! I haven't read anything about that but it doesn't sound good!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
You are soo right. Jack acts completely different with Juliet. And I read that sentence you had in the spoiler tags....ouch! I haven't read anything about that but it doesn't sound good!

ooooooh you shoudn't read that!! that why i put on spoiler tags xD

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I meant to read it..haha I just can't help myself sometimes...lol!

Makes me sad for Kate though.

riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure all the fine points have been discussed, so i'll be brief.

ANOTHER JINK!!!! (Jack wink). How lucky can we get!?!?!??? *dies*

And it was SO SO SO cute how he said, "I gave you that... wink."

Still disliking Jacket... I think it's wired through the nerves in my brain.

But it was very scary how they flipped when they found out Juliet is a native. *is scared for her*

Ben cracked me up during this episode. Hardcore. Especially when he told Carl, "If you're going to be sleeping with my daughter, please, call me Ben." And the man speaks the truth! Small time crooks can't compete with a first-class spinal surgeon baby. (sorry skaters... I love you guys.)

Boat people= freaks of nature. I think Dan is my fav though. Not liking Charlotte or crazy miles, or drunk dude.

So basically that's it.

Although I do have to comment on this:

Quote:
Jate has lost any credibility to me with that disgusting scene. No man in love would ever leave the woman he loves behind in handcuffs and facing certain death because it would eat him up alive. Jack did it with such an ease, as if he just decided to buy another car for himself.

I think the word disgusting is harsh. I would never call any Skate scene disgusting. And, I hate to remind you, that Sawyer left Kate behind and went with the group that he thought would be the most likely to survive... he left Kate behind with a group that was facing death, according to Locke and Ben, and he obviously believed them, and he didn't try to convince her at all. Not to mention his careless and mean tone when Kate expressed her fears over being pregnant, which, once again, would mean she was facing death.

I would also argue that Jack did not think that he was leaving Kate to face "certain death". Maybe imprisonment yes, but I don't think Jack would leave Kate behind if he believed that she was facing "certain death"

And, as far as respecting and equals, back track to first and second seasons. Jack stopped treating Kate as an equal right about the time they had the confrontation with the others in the woods, and she got herself captured. So maybe it was a few times after saving her that he got a little more condescending.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, and props to Ben for being a sneaky snake!!! Infiltrated!!!! BIG TIME!

Nikki, I agree that it was cute how Saywer got upset with Ben for saying those mean things... lol. Right after he told Karl to chill too... heehee.

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jourdan, I don't think Sawyer really felt like he was leaving Kate in danger.. It just seemed to me like he was just letting her make up her own mind and letting Jack have her if that is what she wanted. Unlike Jack leaving Kate, she didn't have any choice in the matter. But yeah, I agree I wouldn't call it a disgusting scene either.

riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, Kate didn't try to convince him either. And, Jack did say he would come back for her.

Either way, I see your point. We'll just have to be patient and see how this shiz plays out. I'm excited. I hope in the next episode Sawyer is revealed as the fourth of the sixth... that would be very interesting!!!

Oh thinking about this, Juliet can't be one of the six, can she? Because then the whole world would know she hadn't been on that plane... so does she stay on the island..? Weird.

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope she is one of
the 6 just b/c I love her and would love to see some flash fwds with her off the island...but we'll see . I haven't read any spoilers about who the 6 are.

riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me either... and the spoiler that was in Deia's post REALLY confused me... I really shouldn't read these things...

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassy, I resent the Charlie fans being called "biased." I like Charlie - I would have LOVED to see him again but I understand he can't be in every episode now, or even mentioned in every episode.

It didn't focus on Claire and Hurley this episode - that's why we didn't see them grieving, but I'm sure they are.

I thought Dan was the most annoying creature ever to blemish the face of the earth. He needs to shut his mouth. I didn't like the drunk pilot dude, and I didn't really like Miles, but Charlotte was okay. She seems the most "okay" of all those freighter people.

I thought the flashbacks - at least Miles' and Charlotte's - were very interesting and important. A polar bear skeleton with a Dharma logo next to it? Miles communicating with dead kids to find money? I thought that was extremely interesting.

I want to know what they want with Ben! (Did anyone else think it was very funny the way Ben said "They want me?" Lol.)

It was horrible how Locke was like, "Okay, Sawyer, let's kill him right now, in front of his daughter!" Ooh...that's cold. But effective.

I loved this episode. I love this show. *counts down days until next week*

art by me&tammy
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
Me either... and the spoiler that was in Deia's post REALLY confused me... I really shouldn't read these things...

Well what I thougth was
Spoiler:

That Jack is upset that Kate is pregnant with Sawyer's baby and rejects her? I don't know b/c this is the first I've heard that she actually is pregnant.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: