Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x02- Confirmed Dead Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
I do think that she has stronger feelings for Jack, but also think some of those feelings stem from really wanting to be good enough for him. She knows Sawyer accepts her for who she is but I think she feels that Jack doesn't.

that's EXACTLY what i think. sawyer loves her as she is; he thinks she's perfect, baggage and all. and jack doesn't because he was so straight-laced off island and she was such a mess. but i think he'll see her differently now. well, he does cos now he's in love with her. and heck, he loves juliet and she's totally messed up but it makes me feel so much for sawyer cos he knows kate doesn't love him the way he loves her *refers to the scene in catch 22 when he gives her the tape*

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my heart breaks for Sawyer sometimes.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too. which makes me think the writers are a little silly if they don't use heartbroken sawyer-without-kate and heartbroken claire-without-charlie in a scene together at least ONCE. again; this is my ConMama dream but im closer then ever before now

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this epi i thought it rocked. When Ben shot Charlotte I was like WTF. I like her charcater and it's probably only because she shares the same name as me tehe. I also like Miles, he's weird with his power thingy but also cool. I loved the Juliet/Sayid scene tehe, and when they came to the rescue. Jack made me laugh when he said didn't you see the wink tehe.

Yeah I feel sorry for Sawyer, you just feel like not a lot ever goes right for him
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Lost manage to create and introduce SO many annoying characters in such a short space of time? And how did Snow from Solaris (2002) get onto the Island? Jeremy Davies played Snow and is playing Daniel Farraday, who is basically exactly the same. The same delayed kind of speech, nervy/unsure attitude.
The Charlotte bird with the ridiculous accent. Look, I come from England, I've been to Essex. The girls don't talk like that, at all!
Miles seems kinda pointless, the pilot is the only vaguely cool one.

Overall...well not that much happened really apart from some wandering about the jungle looking for people. The off-island parts were pointless, with the members of that lame team etc, really bored me. Apart from finding Oceanic 815, which I'd already heard about anyway so it was no real shock unfortunately.

Um...Jack remains solid, Matthew Fox keeps that together, Kate was alright, a bit of Jate going on there. Jate jate jate...JATE! (For all the Skaters)
Other than that Locke was actually not annoying me for once, though the others of that group did sweet FA apart from Sawyer. Sawyer was still on form, beating the crap out of Ben twice, but then that was unrealistic as when you've been punched in the head that hard that many times, you won't be speaking to anybody, unlike Ben going on another little speech Whilst you may not want to kill him, the man has kneecaps, and he might start talking just fine after he gets a bullet in one.

Claire shows no sign of her grieving etc after Charlie's death, same with Hurley, and Vincent makes a miraculous appearance again.

Overall, it's just not going anywhere and failing to restore my faith. Nothing happened to advance the story in that episode at all basically.

However, Evangeline Lilly still looks hot as grubby and bouncing through the jungle

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are all new characters so uninteresting? The flashbacks= pointless, I was really expecting to find out about the 815 coverup not boring, unneccisary scenes about crap characters. The on-island stuff was okay, apart from the freighter people, hate them. (was really hoping that woman died when Ben shot her ).
It would've been better if the Locke crew reached Jacob in the episode, as I guess it would've felt like more happened.
I loved Sawyer beating Ben up cause of Kate (cause the scenes with Jack/kate were kinda jateish and it's nice to see that Sawyer cares for someone.)
I really hope Ben's man on the boat is Micheal but I had a feeling it was the man Miles wanted to talk to who wasnt there (although didn't his name sound similar to Micheal?)
Loved the Sayid/Juliet coming to the rescue, but as you've mentioned, Desmond could've been involved too...(damn Through the looking glass changed my opinion of him )
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just quoting myself from my journal:

000. Holy crap, the plane! Under water! Zoinks! Jinkies! Sweet merciful zeus! Holy mother of god! Jesus!Mary!&!Joseph! I got shivers, and I'm pretty sure I was blubbering right along with Daniel. (Does this mean it is purgatory? Bahahaha.)

001. I love Miles Strong. Beyond love. *makes icons*

002. I LOVE MILES STRONG. (And his magical vacuum cleaner. Does that sound dirty? GOOD.)

003. I also love Daniel and Charlotte. Lots. I wanted to beat the ever living out of Ben when he shot her. Good thing I had Sawyer to do that for me! GO SAWYER! If she had died, I would have been very Effin' POed.

004. What's this? Naomi consorteth with el creepo? SHE MUST BE KILLED. (Too late!)

005. Did I mention how much I love Sawyer and his ass-kicking, beating-the-shit-out-of-Ben-because-he-totally-deserves-it-and-the-only-way-it-would-have-been-better-is-if-Sawyer-AND-Jack-were-beating-him-up self?

006. I loved the flashbacks because they weren't these arbitrary, "let's get to know these people" things that we've seen in the past. They actually pertained to the crash and the storyline. I am so, so tired of meaningless flashbacks. Kthnx. Future!backs, and flashbacks of this kind = G-O-O-D.

007. I loved almost-the-pilot-of-815. I don't remember his name. But I liked him. I did think it was rather funny that the others had all this get-up on and he's dressed like a hippy, but he's got a flare gun in his pocket. Haha. Seemed kind of random. And the COW!

008. Did I mention that I love Miles? JUST SAYING. (When he gets all take-chargey-I-will-kick-your-ass-don't-test-me with Daniel. Yay for snark!)

009. El Creepo. Still creepy!

010. What is up with Ben? Who wants to take bets on how many episodes it will be before he gets shot in the head? (Over and over again.) Because clearly, EVERYBODY HATES HIS ASS.

011. It was Walt, only... taller. What like a giant? & Sure, who are we to argue with Taller-Ghost-Walt? LOVE.

012. Back up, handsome. He noticed too? I LOVE MILES.

013. I dunno, Miles. How stupid are you? I LOVE JACK.

014. Polar bears? In the desert? Absurd!

015. Okay maybe it's the eternal optimist in me, but I loved the scene where they reveal the chopper all shiny and "take us home"-ish. Cause YAY!

016. Jack stepping between Miles and Juliet. Aw. That is my ONLY moment of liking Jack/Juliet. SHUT UP WORLD.

017. Speaking of Juliet. The smirk is back.

018. I fucking love this show.
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought they were very interesting on the contrary. And i dont know how you think the flashbacks were pointless. They were extreamly important. Sorry that charlie didnt pop out of the water this episode guys.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO KC.

Thank God for the Bullet Proof Vest
The Freighter People are Love ♥♥
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
i really dont mean to its just my opinion, but i don't think Kate loves Sawyer as much as he loves her. I agree that he is utterly in love with her but she doesn't love him the way he wants her to.

That's supposed to annoy me, Kat? I've been saying that since like...the beginning of time!! ok, I'm not that old. xD But really, I believe that too.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
i thought they were very interesting on the contrary. And i dont know how you think the flashbacks were pointless. They were extreamly important. Sorry that charlie didnt pop out of the water this episode guys.

I couldn't agree more Trey.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that. I thought the new characters were interesting and the flashbacks told us a lot. I actually think that this episode was better than last week's. Sorry Charlie fans, but I think you're being a bit biased, not that "I Do" isn't one of my faves. hehe
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something here? Why does Charlie keep getting mentionned and why are we Charlie fans biased or something?

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I like Charlie too and it was sad that he died, but a lot of people are pissed that Charlie wasn't mentioned this episode and that Claire smiled once or something. They think she should be more sad, and I guess she should, but she has a lot on her mind right now. Possible rescue, new people dropping in, whether she and her child's lives are in danger by these new people....I think Charlie's death will hit her again later, but at the moment, she has to move on and focus on other things. Charlie was important, but there's not much she can do, honestly. I'm sure she'll have a good cry later tho...his death should be brought up again anyway.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
littleton_pace wrote:
i really dont mean to its just my opinion, but i don't think Kate loves Sawyer as much as he loves her. I agree that he is utterly in love with her but she doesn't love him the way he wants her to.

That's supposed to annoy me, Kat? I've been saying that since like...the beginning of time!! ok, I'm not that old. xD But really, I believe that too.

Lol, I've been thinking that since I got into the showww. I just wish I was wronggggg. Poor Sawyer.

sig credit: adina_mpj @ LJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: