Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Am Legend...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: I Am Legend... Reply with quote

Has anyone seen it? There wasn't a post on it, which surprised me cause it was a pretty popular movie...

Spoiler:

I saw it twice! The whole movie freaks me out... in a good way, I guess. I couldn't stop thinking about it after I saw it the first time, which was in the bed of a truck with my friend, in the dark and cold (NOT a good idea). I couldn't watch when Sam ran into the hive... it stressed me out hardcore! I ended up missing a lot of stuff the first time, because I was hiding... lol.
Apparently I've heard the book is very different...
Anyway, what did you guys think of the movie?

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not amazing and nothing wow-worthy, but it was pretty good. I didn't find it scary, but it was very sad when -

Spoiler:

Sam died.

I thought those were great scenes. So it was ok, not wonderful, but good.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was pretty rubbish.. it reminded me a lot of 28 days later but set in New York City. And I didn't even realise he was fighting vampires I thought they were some weird mutant zombies or something they never fleshed that out properly and also the cgi on them was shocking compared to other movies.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen 28 days later... but it did remind me a lot of Resident Evil (ish). Just with the virus and abandoned city business.

I'm totally a wimp... so the scary parts were very scary to me... I couldn't handle it!

I don't know why I couldn't stop thinking about it...

I didn't know they were vampires either, but I had heard something about it, and then by the time he was going into lockdown mode when the sun set, I realized...
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even realize they were vampires, aside from the dark vs light thing. It was just not very good. Ok, but not very good. I mean, with only two actors int eh entire movie practically, one of them being a dog...couldn't they afford better special fx? But it wasn't a complete waste of time, I liked it alright.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, movies like that are interesting to me... where there's like only one actor, monologuing the whole movie... if they can keep your attention, it's pretty cool.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them too, I was mostly confused by the ending. xD Me and my friend were like "that's it? It's over?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I thought it was pretty rubbish.. it reminded me a lot of 28 days later but set in New York City.

I thought the exact same thing..
3/4 of the movie was just him walking around in New York talking to his dog... although I did enjoy the ending. That was it though.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw 28 Days Later. If I did, I might have thought this movie even worse, but I still liked it ok...I dunno, i wasn't really sure what I felt when I left the movie theater. xD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...

Why's everyone hatin on this movie??

I loved it! It was a good film. Some of Will Smith's best acting by far! I think he's highly underrated and this performance hasn't received the credit it deserves either. I mean, he was practically the only person in that movie. He did such a good job. I felt so sorry for him, especially after
Spoiler:

Sam died

and I think he really conveyed his sorrow and loneliness really well. I just wanted to hug him in that scene where
Spoiler:

(post Sam's death) he goes and talks to the mannequins and says,"Please say hello."

It was an emotional film. The jumpy stuff was just extra, as were the effects. the movie was about one man's struggle with extreme loss, and his faith in God.

I thought it was great. And Will Smith's workout scene was a nice plus.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that the movie wasn't great, had nothing to do with Will Smith's acting. He's an awesome actor and did extremely well being one of the only actors in the entire movie...there were just other aspects that made the movie not as great as it good have been, that's all.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im on the fence with this film

Yeah, it reminded me of 28 Days Later.

I was also reading on the internet this film has been in production since 1996 with the main character changing, first of all Tom Cruise was meant to play him, but then it kept changing until Will Smith requested the role.

I think Will Smith did a good job in the film, it's just the film I don't know about when I enjoyed parts and others I didn't

I think what made it a let down was all the hype they were giving the film and you expect it to be amazing but it wasn't that good. Just my opinion
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't a perfect movie - since the plot was kinda sparse (Most of it just being the reveal of what happened), and unrealistic (Deus ex Machina up the ying-yang). But it was a BEAUTIFUL execution of the concept. I mean, some of those shots? Breathtaking. It was the little things, like his dog, the mannequins, the deer, and all that which made things so powerful. It was... art. So I loved it.
BUT, it wasn't quite a movie. It was just too short. Nothing much happened. But aside from that, I thought it was kinda perfect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
It wasn't a perfect movie - since the plot was kinda sparse (Most of it just being the reveal of what happened), and unrealistic (Deus ex Machina up the ying-yang). But it was a BEAUTIFUL execution of the concept. I mean, some of those shots? Breathtaking. It was the little things, like his dog, the mannequins, the deer, and all that which made things so powerful. It was... art. So I loved it.
BUT, it wasn't quite a movie. It was just too short. Nothing much happened. But aside from that, I thought it was kinda perfect.

I conquer. Vehemently.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
But it was a BEAUTIFUL execution of the concept. I mean, some of those shots? Breathtaking. It was the little things, like his dog, the mannequins, the deer, and all that which made things so powerful. It was... art. So I loved it.

I so agree here! I mean, I wouldn't say that it was a "wow" movie... these creatures looked pretty crappy, the story wasn't really new and spectacularly creative and I was a bit disappointed about the ending.... but there were indeed some really amazing shots in the movie. Especially all the moments when he went hunting with his dog, geez, I had goose bumps all over!

Sassy, you have to watch 28 Days Later. It's a really good movie! Very dark, very creepy and scary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: