Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Billie Piper returns to Doctor Who
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Billie Piper returns to Doctor Who Reply with quote

OMFG OMFG OMFG SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

She's in for the last 3 episodes of Series 4! ROSE/DOCTOR ACTION!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7114699.stm

Quote:
Actress Billie Piper is to return to Doctor Who, the BBC has confirmed.

She will star in three episodes of the sci-fi drama, reprising her role as the Doctor's companion, Rose Tyler.

Rose's return will mean the Doctor has three assistants in next year's series - Donna, played by Catherine Tate, and Freema Agyeman as Martha.

The new series begins in March and will run for 13 episodes. There will be three special editions in 2009 before the show takes a break until 2010.

Piper left Doctor Who last year, when Rose was transported into a parallel universe.

Awards

The character had been a hit and Piper won a number of awards for her performances. She was named most popular actress at the National Television Awards in 2005 and 2006.

A separate show based on Rose had been planned by writer and series producer Russell T Davies, but was scrapped when Davies decided the programme was "a spin-off too far".

Filming is currently under way in Cardiff for the new series of Doctor Who, which sees the Doctor meeting an old group of enemies - the Sontarans - 35 years after first encountering them.

Before that, the programme will return to television screens at Christmas with a special episode set on the Titanic, which will co-star singer and actress Kylie Minogue.

omgosh. I cannot WAIT.

Also, Catherine Tate's obviously the new assistant, what do you guys think of that? I'm kinda on the fence. I dont really like The Catherine Tate Show that much but she was quite good in DW in the Christmas Special. & we'll get some comedy out of it too, so who knows. Whatever she brings, she'll bring more than boring Martha *growls*

But ROSE IS BACK! *dies*

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow
All I have to say is thank god martha isn't back lol, I'm the same Elle i don't really know about Catherine Tate Yet

Oohh and Torchwood is also back this month YAY!! but martha's in that now
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I sware Charlie, you are actually my twin. Apart from the fact that I love Jate and you love Skate but whatever right?

Yeahh she's in Torchwood too The show will never be the same again haha.

I can't wait for it though it's gonna be amazing. They're gonna see eachother after not seeing eachother for like, 2/3 years *thud* anticipation.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SO EXCITED I'M ALL CAPS-LOCKY, *SQUEEEEEE!* ♥♥♥!!!

I actually just watched "Runaway Bride" last night so that was the first time I saw Donna in action. I kinda liked her, mainly because she wasn't all over the Doctor, lol! I've only seen a couple eps of Season 3, so I don't know too terribly much about Martha, other than it seems that people either really love her or really hate her!

I've felt kinda sorry for her from what I've seen (which is actually the first ep of s3 and the last 4 of s3 -- I have a weird way of watching TV, what can I say? ), since the Doctor kept looking clearly not interested at her, even though she clearly was. And *sigh* I know how that feels... *emo tear*

And YAY, Torchwood is back in about 3 weeks AND BBCAmerica is showing it right away instead of holding us back! *happy dances* (And Martha's only going to be in a couple of eps as far as I've heard. )

But the real point of this post is to say ZOMGROSEISBACKSQUEEYAY!!!! ♥♥♥!!!

Now, if they don't just kill her off or something horrid like that...
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it just now dawned on me that I have Martha as my icon, lol!

What? It has giant flying cookies in it! How could I resist that???
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO

Right now I have to find a funny Rose icon to compete with your funny Martha icon because they ALWAYS have to compete with eachother!

And now lets get to your long post, which is rare to see

I loved Runaway Bride! I love love love it. I watched it on BBC Three today actually The thing is, I like Donna, but i'm just not fond of Catherine Tate that much - mainly because of her lame ass sketch show which used to be enjoyable and now is just AWEFUL *breathes*

But i'm actually looking forward to seeing DW now. When Martha was in it, I didnt mind missing an episode here or there, which as a previous !DIEHARDFAN was abit odd for me - my Saturdays felt empty! But I can safely say that I think I will love Series 4. And the Doctor is gonna have all THREE of his companions with him, imagine how funny/awkward/bitchy that's gonna be? I tell you now. It will be FAMAZING.

One thing I liked when Martha was in the show was actually how much of a shadow she was of Rose. It was like she was simply just a replacement. And the Doctor knew that, and so did she.

Eg.When Jack comes back, and tells the Doctor he heard about Rose dying and the Doc's like "Oh no! She's fine! Yeah Parallel Universe!" and they cheer and hug, and Martha's like "yeah.. good old Rose..."

But I loved how the Doctor was completely infatuated with Rose, still. She was mentioned in pretty much every episode of Series 4.

gah I just can't wait for them to reunite. How AMAZING will it actually BE.

*goes to watch the goodbye scene in Doomsday*

*watches*

*cries*

Bloody hell. This is a long post. Beat that Ais

Last edited by IntoTheVoid on Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uck I don't care anyway, I am boycotting the show as long as she is in it, as are a number of my friends. I have better ways of spending my Saturdays than watching that woman ruin a perfectly good show.
As for the return of Rose, the other week I thought the BBC said she was returning for the 3 specials throughout 2009 and not in s4.

squee Martha in Torchwood, can't wait to see her "grow up" and then return to the Doctor and being totally awsome.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
lol I sware Charlie, you are actually my twin. Apart from the fact that I love Jate and you love Skate but whatever right?

Yeahh she's in Torchwood too The show will never be the same again haha.

I can't wait for it though it's gonna be amazing. They're gonna see eachother after not seeing eachother for like, 2/3 years *thud* anticipation.

Lol, yeah it's only Jate and Skate
No, I don't think Torchwood will really be the same with her in, i just really hated her in Doctor Who

I know, the reuinion is gonna be like OMGSH!!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEES!!!*
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
LMFAO

Right now I have to find a funny Rose icon to compete with your funny Martha icon because they ALWAYS have to compete with eachother!

And now lets get to your long post, which is rare to see

Rose and Martha, competing even in funny icons, who would've ever believed that???

And hee, that would've barely been a medium sized post in my prime. *iz old and feeble these days*

IntoTheVoid wrote:
And the Doctor is gonna have all THREE of his companions with him, imagine how funny/awkward/bitchy that's gonna be? I tell you now. It will be FAMAZING.

I loved "School Reunion" where Rose and Sarah Jane met and how at first they were all "my Doctor, MINE!" competitive, then they turned around and joined forces, lol! I loved Mickey's line about "the missus and the ex, welcome to every man's worst nightmare." That would be cool to see Rose, Martha and Donna at first all "MEOW!" then they start getting along and the Doctor looking like, "Oh crud; I'm in trouble now..."

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Eg.When Jack comes back, and tells the Doctor he heard about Rose dying and the Doc's like "Oh no! She's fine! Yeah Parallel Universe!" and they cheer and hug, and Martha's like "yeah.. good old Rose..."

But I loved how the Doctor was completely infatuated with Rose, still. She was mentioned in pretty much every episode of Series 4.

That was one of the first eps of S3 that I saw and once I got past --> Icon by leetje (I couldn't believe how long it was before we saw Jack again! Ahem, anyway... ) I couldn't help but feel sorry for Martha being all covertly dissed by her not!Rose!ness. However, since I've still missed the entire middle of the season, like from 2 - 9 or so, I might find I feel different about her, I dunno!

IntoTheVoid wrote:
gah I just can't wait for them to reunite. How AMAZING will it actually BE.

*goes to watch the goodbye scene in Doomsday*

*watches*

*cries*

Bloody hell. This is a long post. Beat that Ais

First off, challenge accepted. But I'm going to be SO frosted if they should throw out some lame-o "Oh, Doctor, you JUST missed Rose!" sort of thing, which I'm kinda worried that they'll do! That would suck asteroids through a straw, IMO! However, I don't really know how they could work this out where it will have some sort of happy ending or at least some sort of good closure, since she's only going to be in a few eps. *sigh*

rbexter93 wrote:
Uck I don't care anyway, I am boycotting the show as long as she is in it, as are a number of my friends. I have better ways of spending my Saturdays than watching that woman ruin a perfectly good show.
As for the return of Rose, the other week I thought the BBC said she was returning for the 3 specials throughout 2009 and not in s4.

squee Martha in Torchwood, can't wait to see her "grow up" and then return to the Doctor and being totally awsome.

Aw, bummer that you and your friends are boycotting 'cause of Catherine Tate. I guess I'm lucky 'cause I've never even heard of her before "Runaway Bride" and so I don't have anything else to go by other than her as Donna. But it always sucks when they bring on somebody you can't stand onto a show you liked to watch! I certainly know how that feels!

And yeah, I did hear that about it being the specials in 2009, now that you mention it. I guess I'm just too eager, lol!

I can hardly wait for Torchwood to start up again! I always thought Martha/Jack would work pretty well (of course, Jack's kinda like the "Claire" of the DW/Torchwood universe... you can ship him with everybody and it will probably work! ). I'm really looking forward to seeing the new season!

charmed_charlie wrote:
I know, the reuinion is gonna be like OMGSH!!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEES!!!*

*is already practicing her squeebouncing* *SQUEE* *bounce* *SQUEE* *bounce* ♥♥♥!!!

And ahem, I think I won this battle of the long posts. I mean, c'mon, I even included an icon in mine...
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!! SHES COMMING BACK?!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just to let everyone know,
me + spelling = hjansbdadfk;a
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Ais you got the longest post
My mom told me as well that Sarah Jane will also be coming back for a couple of episodes, this season sounds like everyone could be coming back

Yep, the squeeing will be mad when that episode comes on. *squees also thinking about torchwood being back soon*

We're just gonna have to see what Martha's like in torchwood because i don't think she could be any worse hehe <---that was evil

Also what did people think of the xmas special i'm still deciding about it, I liked most parts (and some parts reminded me of poisideon with walking across the beam)
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose is coming back!!! OMG SQUEEEEEE!!!! For real??? YAY!!!

Woah, how many assisants can one guy have!?!? But I supposed he is The Doctor!!!!!!
haha didn't they make a Sarah Jane Kids show too!

I'm still kinda undecided about Catherine Tate as an asisstant, I liked her in Runaway Bride but I'm not sure if she'll get annoying full time!
As for Martha I didn't like her from the start and never warmed to her, I find her annoying!

I haven't seen the Xmas Special yet! It's still sat waiting on my SkyPlus!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Xmas special was great, for once. I was surprised at how well they managed to incorperate Kylie in the story rather than having it being "omg it's Kylie squee" as it sometimes is with guest stars. I totally called it being a futureistic titanic ages ago!
Aislynn: Yup, you can ship Jack with ANYONE lol.Probably cause he's the hugest flirt.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was there a christmas episode?? does anyone know where i can find it please?!!!!!!

just to let everyone know,
me + spelling = hjansbdadfk;a
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can download it here if ya want
http://www.rslinks.org/tv-series/doctor-who-christmas-special-2007-voyage-damned/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: