Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sweeney Todd
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Sweeney Todd Reply with quote

Just saw it last night. YAY Johnny. He is an amazing actor and a pretty darn good looking guy. I swear, watching his movies are like doing homework for actors like me. Sometimes I'm so busy studying his acting and being blown away by his awesomeness, I forget what the movie's about. xD!! But before I say what I thought about the movie and what I liked/disliked, I want to hear what everyone else thought.

Who wants to see it, who saw it, and what did you think of it?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have to wait until February before I can see the movie, unfortunately , but I'm definitely going to watch it! Can't wait!!! I'm a huge Alan Rickman fan, so that's my main reason to see it, but I also like Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter a lot. Besides, Tim Burton's movies are always worth watching.

How did you like the movie, Sassy?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*spins in happy circles* I have just saw this too! And I loved it. It was deliciously creepy and dark and the ending was sickly sweet (adjectives!)
5 stars.

Banner by erandil.
Joon
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see this movie! I'm a huge Johnny Depp and Tim Burton fan! Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham Carter are also great, of course.
I got the soundtrack for christmas and I think Johnny has a great singing voice - is there anything this guy can't do??
Sadly, I have to wait until February to see it, too.

Icon by ack attack
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, how sad for those of you who have to wait. I thought that Johnny had a great singing voice and I would like some of the songs too. I was laughing at a few parts, and a little disgusted at others, but overall, it was ok. I mean, it wasn't the best movie ever, but it wasn't near the worst. It was in the middle. Johnny's acting was excellent, Helena and Alan Rickman were good too. The acting and singing was awesome, the story was interesting and tragic, but for some reason it didn't 'blow me away' like most Johnny movies do, ya know? In this movie, he was awesome, it just wasn't as incredible as I expected, but I did enjoy it. There is soooo much blood tho. And this is coming from a person whom violence in movies doesn't bother at all. I have no problem with blood,but they had to show each and every murder very graphically all in a row. I thought it was a bit much. Other than that it was pretty good.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, your lucky to have seen it, i'm not sure when it's out in the uk but i can't wait hehe
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I've listened to the entire soundtrack pretty much and that I've thought about it more,I really do like it...if they'd toned down the gore a bit it would have been better. That made it a bit silly to me. Otherwise, it was pretty good. I love all the accents.

What are everyone's fave songs (those of you who own the soundtrack or have seen the movies) from the movie?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really shouldn't be posting here, but I'm going to be polite about this so if anyone wants to bash me, remember to bash my opinions and not ME!

Okay, so I didn't like the movie that much. There was a certain point of the movie where I thought, "Hey, this is kind of good. I'm enjoying this film." But I didn't quite like the ending. I felt it was a bit predictable
Spoiler:

(like the beggar being his wife, Mrs. Lovitt getting burned alive, and Toby stabbing Sweeney)

. I felt the ending had a lot of loose ends too, especially concerning the important, yet background characters of Johanna and the boy. Some of the songs were kind of neat, but none of them were really "memorable," y'know?

I did find the acting and singing quite good, especially from the leads (Depp and the actress playing Mrs. Lovitt). And the cockney British accents were, from what I can tell, believable. And I say this as the only person, female or male, in the world that does not have an infactuation with Johnny Depp. lol. At all. So I guess that's pretty unbiased, right?

Warning: This film was very very gory. Not quite scary or cringe-worthy (since the killings were all expected), but disgusting nonetheless. Not for the weak of stomach.

All just my two cents...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I felt almost the same way that you did about it, so it's all good. It did grow on me tho when I decided to listen to the soundtrack online and I'm willing to watch it again, but I really would have preferred if -

Spoiler:

He had just killed himself at the end, instead of Toby killing him. It would have redeemed his character more and you could have felt more sorry for him etc...but of course, this is a classic play so you can't change the story that much.

But yeah, I didn't like it when I left the theater, but I like it more now.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw it the other day, thought it was pretty cool! My family had went to see it without knowing what it was about and they were all like WTF! Haha i would of said that too if i didnt know it was a musical about a guy who kills people and cooks them in pies.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my drama teacher told us the story and made us watch a trailer for it, and even quizzed us a bit on Sondheim. She was very excited about the movie.

When I finally saw it, I actually went with my grandma and she had no idea what the story was about, so in the middle, she's like "The people??? They're cooking the people into pies?!?!" I kinda felt bad for dragging her to such a gory movie, which is part of the reason i disliked it at first, I think. But now I'm thinking I might wanna see it again.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because in the cinemas in the UK this film was an 18 and not being old enough I had to *cough* download it and put it onto DVD, but I absolutely love this film
x_EmilyRose_x
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charmed_charlie wrote:
Because in the cinemas in the UK this film was an 18 and not being old enough

Ditto.

I really want to see this movie too.. I'll end up waiting until it comes out on dvd, and getting my mum to rent it me out. *sigh*
Ginny/Draco! ♥

The Ships I'll Sail Forever.
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE Johnny so him in a musical was just a must for me to see.
I only saw the movie once last December. I haven't had the chance to see it again. But I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

I love his singing on "My Friends" ... I had spoiled myself before seeing the movie by listening to the mp3 of it. But actually seeing him perform it was even better! I would say it was my fave part of the film.

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
lostevifan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the movie was excellent. The casting was great and Johnny Depp has a really cool voice. I especially liked his performance of the song epiphany.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: