Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Results of the LVI 2007 Tournament and Open Poll
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: The Results of the LVI 2007 Tournament and Open Poll Reply with quote

Well, after two months of voting, once again our Anniversary celebration has come to an end, and the results are here.

The winning video of the LVI 2007 Tournament is....
"Missing" by Belxf

2nd place goes to: "How It Ends" by KajaM
3rd place goes to: "Walking Behind" by Aislynn

Congratulations Bel! And Karolina and Aislynn too. This year brought the biggest lineup of vids, the most accumulative vidder experience, and biggest range of voters of any tournament we've had so far. You've gone up against a LOT of competition to get where you are, so WELL DONE!

That said, we have a few more awards to hand out to some well-deserving vidders. I give you the winners of the 2007 Open Polls:

BEST JATE (Jack/Kate) : Missing by Belxf
BEST SKATE (Sawyer/Kate) : Walking Behind by Aislynn
BEST PB&J (Charlie/Claire) : Run by cylune
BEST JACKET (Jack/Juliet) : Love it when you call - Jacket by Polarbear
BEST MINOR SHIP : Happy together by Belxf
BEST CRACKSHIP (Unconventional Ship) : Hey there Delilah by KajaM

BEST ACTION : Stand my Ground by Borislava
BEST ANGST : Runaway Train by Aislynn
BEST COMEDY : King Locke by Belxf
BEST DRAMA : Bury Me by KajaM
BEST ROMANCE : If I lay here by Borislava
BEST CROSSOVER : Creep by Belxf

BEST TRAILER : Children of Lost Men by PsychoCynic
BEST ENSEMBLE : I got life ! by leyosura
BEST AU (Alternate Universe) : Lips of an Angel by Belxf
BEST CHARACTER STUDY - SCIENCE : Fallen by KajaM
BEST CHARACTER STUDY - FAITH : The Ballad of the Box Man by wolffootball37
CHARLIE TRIBUTES : How It Ends by KajaM

I hope you've all had a great experience with this year's festivities . I'm so proud of this site, and so grateful for all the support and enthusiasm everyone here continues to give out. I only hope we can continue to make this site even better in 2008!
Hooray for LVI!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Oh, also: award banners are on their way for each of these videos - so hold tight! Congrats again!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bel!!!! I've said on another board that the real competition this year wasn't going to be which vid was going to win but who will run against Missing in the final. I wasn't wrong! And congrats to Karolina and Aislynn for having TWO vids in the final!! (And I cannot help but brag that 'How it Ends' and 'Fantasy' were dedicated to me. hihi!! )

And yay for Best PB&J. My first vidding win EVER. I've been a runner-up a lot of times but I've never won anything I'm so proud!!!! Thanks
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I have said it from the start that Missing was going to get the cake!!! Congrats Bel! It was soo well diserved!!!! Congrats to Ais and Kaolina too for their OUTSTANDING runner up vids!!!! Im so happy i was nominated in allot of catagories and went up pretty high in the main tourney. I wasnt even expecting to win anything, but i cant tell you how happy i was that Ballad one best faith character study! Thank you soo much!!! Congrats to everyone who won and was nominated, it was soo hard to vote because everyone produced such amazing vids!!!!
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the big winners! Especially, Belxf, KajaM,and Aislynn - you guys dominate!!!

I agrees with Cynthia that "Missing" was truly exceptional and was obviously the breakout video of the year.

I had a lot of fun this year and I was so excited that I got to participate!
It really raises the bar for next year doesn't it?
Maybe for a 5 year anniversary... or maybe when the show ends *dies inside a little* we should have a "greatest video of all time contest!"

Thanks for running this Hobbes!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATS BEL!!!

Congrats to the all the winners, and everyone nominated! There were so many awesome vids this year!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Bel!!! *throws buckets of confetti at you*

And congratulations, Karolina! *throws buckets of confetti at you, too!*

Ooo, I do so love to throw the buckets of confetti! ♥♥♥!!!

Big, big congrats to all the Open Poll winners as well! This was definitely the year when the bar went WAY up on Lost vids! These were truly professional-grade vids from the very first round! Thanks so much to everyone for participating in the Tournament and Open Polls, both with your entries and by voting! And super-special thanks to our Right Honorable Webmaster Warren for all of his hard work which made the Tourney possible in the first place!

Here's to another great year of Lost vids! ♥!
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats BEL!!!!
Your video was deffinitely the best one! )))
Congrats to all the other winners in the open vote
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Lost vidder myself, but I'm a big fan of LVI and its many talented contributors. I've been rather gripped by the 2007 tourney and have really enjoyed sampling the best of the crop.

Huge congratulations to Belxf! Not only for the jaw-droppingly impressive 'Missing' but for all your exceptional Lost vids. Your work has been so consistently brilliant and this is deservedly your year.

Well done also to Kaja and 'How it Ends' for taking the silver. You know I'm a big fan of yours and this video in particular has a very special place in my heart. I must have watched it about 20 times now.

'Walking Behind' thoroughly deserves it's place too. What a fantastically executed concept you came up with Ais! You're terrific.

The result that pleases me most is cylunes 'Run' winning Best PB&J. It was cylune who first showed me how amazing fanvids could be and her many beautiful Charlie/Claire videos have long been deserving of an award. I'm so happy for you, Lune! Hats off!

Well done to all winners and runners up! Keep vidding! I'll be watching...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, congrats to all participants of both, the Tournament as well as the Open Poll. There were lots and lots of absolutley brilliant vids and sometimes it was really, really hard to make a choice.

Then,

Congrats Bel!!!

Vid of the Year plus five wins in the Open Vote!! You rock, girl!!! They're all well-deserved cause you're definitely our vidder of the year!

Congrats to Aislynn!!

Two vids in the final round and two wins in the Open Poll, that's a huge achievement! I'm particularly happy about Runaway Train because it's one of my favourite vids of yours. Congrats, hon!!!

Also, a very special congratulation to Cinthia and Trey! Run and Ballad of Boxman are two of my all-time favourites (I can't stop watching them! ) and I'm really, really happy that those vids won Best PB&J and Best Character Study. Congrats to both of you!!

I hope that we'll get many more years of awesome vids and amazing vidders! Long live the LVI!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bel!! I knew your vid would get far. Congrats to Karolina and Aislynn for second and third!

Karolina you did get four wins in the open polls no need to complain huh

Thanks a lot for the win in Jacket! I was proud of that vid sad not to see it get past the first round although it was up against one of the finalists I think I had sucky draws huh?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS AIS!

CONGRATULATIONS KAROLINA!

and also, congratulations to all participants of the Open Polls and the Tournament!!
There were really superb vids this year! I had trouble chosing the ones i was going to vote...

and... Thanks so much for everything! I honestly had no idea i would win the 'best vid'... this was a very special year for me here in LVI, and for that i have to thank all of you, CMs or not... this is a wounderful place with great people and awesome vidders! All I know about vidding i learned here, so i didn't really win this award alone
Thanks again!

_bel_
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations everyone! I hope you're all SUPER proud because you should be! I want to check out a few of the vids later I've seen a few including Missing (which was EXTREMELY awesome! I love Evanescence too!) and How It Ends by Karolina. I still think it is the most beautiful Charlie tribute ever. I remember sitting at the computer thinking 'This video is amazing, it's so perfect" and I love the song too. DeVotchKa rock!
Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Bel! 'Missing' is an amazing video, probably my favorite one on the whole site.

Excellent videos, everyone! This was a great contest and a fantastic year for vidding!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Everyone
Congrats Bel such an awesome video well done hon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: