Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes in the Council
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Changes in the Council Reply with quote

Hey all! There have been a few changes in the Council lately and we wanted to let you know what was going on.

First of all, Paul (Polarbear) is no longer a member of the Council. We greatly appreciate the many good things he brought to the site as both a vidder and a Council Member but the time has come to part ways and we wish him well in the future.

Also, Nate (Lostzilla), Molly (Crazymol4588) and Ruth (Rocksiren) will no longer be active or part-time Council Members. Sadly, real life has snatched the three of them away and they simply no longer have the time to devote to LVI that they once did.

There's hardly enough I can say about these departing CMs to thank them for their years of hard work, much of it behind-the-scenes, or to describe their amazing vidding skills. We wish them all only the very best. Hopefully, they'll still find some time now and then to stop in and say hi!

Stay tuned for further updates whenever they might occur.

Last edited by Aislynn on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awe. they all have done SUCH and amazing job!!!!!
LVI wont shut down though? i mean, will there be new coming council members?

(i love LVI, dont let it shut down!)

just to let everyone know,
me + spelling = hjansbdadfk;a
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leylin wrote:
LVI wont shut down though? i mean, will there be new coming council members?

We can't say much about new CMs at this point because we haven't discussed this yet, but there's one thing I can tell you for sure: The LVI isn't in any danger of being shut down. We all love this place too much as to let it down.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for keeping us up to date Ais I wont let this place die; even if im the last lingering member, lol

wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s terribly sad to hear those four are leaving. I have always associated Paul with LVI, probably because his vids are what brought me here, so it will be sad to not see him here, although I do chat with him a bunch on msn so it won’t be as big of a loss to me as Nate, Molly, and Ruth leaving too, since I have only ever admired their work, never had a change to chat or form any kind of relation with any of them. I hope all of them succeed with whatever they do with their lives and come back from time to time to chat! If anyone needs anything from me feel free to ask, because i love this site, and want to see it thrive for years to come!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping us up to date with everything.

Very sad to hear about the 4 leaving, but hope they do come in to say hi, and they will be missed
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The four council members will be missed, I'm sure they had a good ride here. Thanks for letting us all know Aislynn, I'm sorry to hear that!

No, LVI? Gone? No way, we won't let that happen!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leylin wrote:

Oh never fear, hon, LVI isn't in any danger of shutting down right now! *hugs!* ♥!

And you guys are quite welcome for the update. Anytime something "newsworthy" happens, we try to let y'all know as soon as we can!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known these four CMs ever since they joined the Council. And when they did, they were so amazing and energetic that it made me happy just to have them around. That initial excitement and enthusiasm then turned to amazing dedication and ability, as they became experienced members of the Council and really got to work. Each of these four has had moments where they were one of - if not the only - one keeping LVI running smoothly. Each one of them has put in insane amounts of votes, input, ideas, and skill to their jobs - for which LVI owes them each a great debt. Though we all have the misfortune now of parting ways, each of these people deserves a proper send-off for all they've done.

Thank you Paul, Nate, Molly, and Ruth for all you've contributed to this site and its community. Even without you on the Council, your permanent marks will always be left on the history of this site. I wish you all the best with whatever you move on to - be it RL or not. Good luck, and thank you once again for all the great things you've done for LVI!

Also - hells-no, LVI ain't going nowhere . You think we put in all this work for it to be brought down as easy as that (not that this is even really that LVI-harmful or anything . It's just something that had to be done). As long as there's someone out there who still cares about this place, it will be here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see those CMs go, they did a great job and brought a lot to LVI!
I wish them luck with whatever the do next!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I noticed that Trey and Kat's names are both silver at the bottom of the page, and it says "Council Member" under their name. Are they part of the council now? It wasn't announced like Ley was. It seems like it just happened within the last few hours for Kat, and a day or so for Trey...just wondering.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I noticed Trey...but then I thought that maybe I just never realized he was Council before....but its new right? Very cool! Congrats guys! Very well deserved!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Hey, I noticed that Trey and Kat's names are both silver at the bottom of the page, and it says "Council Member" under their name. Are they part of the council now? It wasn't announced like Ley was. It seems like it just happened within the last few hours for Kat, and a day or so for Trey...just wondering.

Dude, I'm writing the announcement right now...
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See how perceptive I am? jk Congrats to those two then! I was just wondering if it was new, or I was just really dumb and hadn't noticed. xD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Sassy I was thinking the same thing...glad you pointed it out though so I knew I wasn't crazy!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: