Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

November Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: November Contest Information Reply with quote

NOVEMBER 2007
Contest: Possible Universe
Deadline: December 10th
-- Extended!

The Details

The third season is over and we all had a lot of time to think of what will happen next. So, what do you think? They're going to be rescued right now and live happily ever after? Or maybe half of our losties will die? What about Claire, how will she react when she finds out Charlie is dead? And our beloved quadrangle? Juliet and Sawyer will find out that they're actually madly in love?

There are so many things that can happen next season... What's your theory? That's exactly what we want to know this month, but, of course, from a vid! It's not really an Alternative Universe contest, it's a Possible Universe one. Everything that has happened until now, and that we know will happen, has to be considered in the videos.

So, why wait for the fourth season? Let’s create it ourselves!

The Rules

Specific Contest Rules:

* -A story must be told from the end of the third season and everything that has happened and will happen in the show should be considered
* -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
* -Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
* -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "November 2007 contest submission" exactly in your vid's Description.

General Contest Rules:

* -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page
* -All regular submissions Rules apply.
* -Only one entry per vidder
* -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
* -Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit to host your files.
* -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for download at least until the end of the month. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
* -Have fun!

-Bel, LVI Council.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, this sounds so cool!!! i have so many ideas from just thinking about what will happen next year; this is awesome! cant wait to get started

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sooo cool! Is it ok to make it after they get off of the island? Cuz it's possible that they get rescued and get off of the island. My idea is that Sawyer and Kate go on the run together after being rescued, and I'll edit getting rescued and everything too...Anyway, just making sure.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
This is sooo cool! Is it ok to make it after they get off of the island? Cuz it's possible that they get rescued and get off of the island. My idea is that Sawyer and Kate go on the run together after being rescued, and I'll edit getting rescued and everything too...Anyway, just making sure.

good idea sassy! i cant wait to see it (as goes for you kat!) Paul i think its an excellent idea! Though ill have to bow out once agin, mainly because of other projects and its almost the end of the term so its a tad busy.
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woooow sounds pretty cool! Loved it. i have so many ideas...I think that I go to participate on contest... for the first time!!

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
This is sooo cool! Is it ok to make it after they get off of the island? Cuz it's possible that they get rescued and get off of the island.

Sounds absolutely fine to me. I'll ask the others, but I think it should be no problem really.

Deia wrote:
woooow sounds pretty cool! Loved it. i have so many ideas...I think that I go to participate on contest... for the first time!!

Absolutely! If you have any cool ideas, you just have to participate! Your vids are great and I'm sure you'd come up with an awesome entry!

EDIT: Sassy, your idea is fine with us as long as you keep in mind what we already know from the first flashforward episode of the last season, i.e. be careful not to create a story that doesn't have anything to do with the last episodes of Season Three anymore.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what if it's about characters that weren't involved in the flashforward, can I do that? It'll still have to do with what happened the last season, I'll show Jack on the walkie, and them being rescued etc. And then go into a new story. I plan to have Sawyer and Kate on the run together (before she meets up with Jack, this is RIGHT after they get off of the island). Sound ok?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whos all entering this???
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
So what if it's about characters that weren't involved in the flashforward, can I do that? It'll still have to do with what happened the last season, I'll show Jack on the walkie, and them being rescued etc. And then go into a new story. I plan to have Sawyer and Kate on the run together (before she meets up with Jack, this is RIGHT after they get off of the island). Sound ok?

So sorry, Sassy! I didn't see your question until just now! I asked the Others (oooo... ) and will get back to you ASAP! Are you still working on a vid for this contest?
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't started...I may just bow out of this one, cuz I have a lot of other vids, but if I get an answer from y'all, I may just start.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a question; can we make the vid as a promo?

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that sounds fine to me Kat. Has anyone actually started yet?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Well, maybe someone has. Anyway, have you all talked about my question yet? Can I make a vid that doesn't necessarily include stuff that happened in the finale (cuz I want it to be a Sawyer vid, not Jack), as long as I don't contradict it? I was thinking adding a one of the FF Kate/Jack scenes at the end of the vid...what does everyone think?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassy: Your idea is fine with us.

Kat: Just like Paul, I don't mind a promo either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: