Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June Vincent Graphic Art Contests
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: June Vincent Graphic Art Contests Reply with quote

This is where I will post a new graphic arts contest each week for the month of June. If you have any questions please ask here or e-mail us. These will almost always be posted here before they make it to the main site so let people know to check this fourm for updates on all this months art contests.

Contest Name: Vincent LOST Logo

Contest Period: June 4th – June 11th

The Details:

Vincent has been left out of almost all of the promotion for Lost making it hard to get the word out about our favorite island K-9.

This graphic contest is meant to provide Rygwood Labradors with Lost Logos to use on their site. The logo does not have to incorporate the entire cast but it MUST use Vincent and the Lost Logo.

Be creative with this. Everyone has seen the actual Lost cast promotional images with the logo in the background so make something that is new and unique. That is more likely to catch a persons eye then a familiar image.

The top three winners will each receive a Madison (Vincent) “pawtographed” photo.

If you need a place to host your image there are a number of free hosting services. Here is a list of several options for you to use:

Photo Bucket: http://photobucket.com/
Image Hosting: http://www.theimagehosting.com/
Image Shack: http://www.imageshack.us/
Image Ark: http://www.imageark.net/

Good luck!

The Rules:

Our normal submission rule of only 1 entry per person is still relevant for all art contests. The following rules apply only for this contest.

-When e-mailing your entry it must say “June Lost Logo” in the subject line.

-Entries must be saved as LVI_(your screen name) to make the judging process easier.

-There is no size restriction but try and be reasonable in sizing of your entry.

- Your entry must be sent to our contest submissions email, lvicontests@gmail.com, by the contest deadline. If you send your entry to lostvideo@gmail.com it will not be entered in the contest.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Harry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LC wrote:
Our normal submission rule of only 1 entry per person is still relevant for all art contests. The following rules apply only for this contest.

So does that mean we get to enter as many times or huh?
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BtVSfreak wrote:
So does that mean we get to enter as many times or huh?

Every person can enter each contest with a single entry. That way everyone gets a fair chance. If someone sends in 20 contest entries then that could hurt the chances of someone that only send in 1. This way that one is the best the person has to offer since they aren't focusing on making as many as possible.

Hope that answers your question.

www.lostvideo.net
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest making a bunch of different ones and submit your best one.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry wrote:

- Thats wat im planning on doing

Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember everyone the deadline for this contest is June 12th at 3am EST. Send your entries to lvicontests@gmail.com . The contest for next week will be revealed tomorrow night. You have the chance to enter every contest once which means you have 4 opportunites in the arts realm alone to win a pawtograph. Then you have our special T-shirt contest (details to be released this weekend) and our Vincent Appreciation Video Contest. So many chances to win and so many chances to show Kim and Madison what LVI members are made of .

www.lostvideo.net
Harry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostcalier wrote:
The contest for next week will be revealed tomorrow night.

Ok w/e happened to that? I've been waiting

EDIT
PMd lostcalier and got this...
LC wrote:
Hi, this week has gotten past me so I'm going to announce two contests for next week to make up for this week. We should have the winners announced in the next day or two.

Just thought I'd post this
Harry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chommon LC Im waiting
Harry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to be a bother but its almost been a week and there still hasnt been another contest....
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welllll sorrrrrrrrryyyyyyy
Truth is, we're still trying to get the voting done, but half of our council has been missing for almost all week >.< doh.

The t-shirt contest will be up soon! This is the BIG one.

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-shit?

I'll enter something for the art contest since I've given up on a Vincent vid.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BtVSfreak wrote:
Hate to be a bother but its almost been a week and there still hasnt been another contest....

Sorry guys that is my fault. I had an unexpected family issue come up that I had to take care of last week not to mention dealing with finals coming up. Here is the information on the 2nd Art contest with information on the 3rd following in a few minutes. I'll have the information on the T-shirt contest up as soon as I get final approval on it. Once that is post you will be given an entire month since the delay in getting it up was my fault. Hopefully we'll have many more entries on these next few contests because it's stuff that you guys are more familiar in creating.

CONTEST #2

Contest Name: Vincent LOST Wallpaper

Contest Period: June 20th – June 27th

The Details:

You can go almost anywhere on the net and find desktop wallpapers for all the main cast members, except, Madison (Vincent). The objective of this contest is to create original and creative wallpaper designs that center on Vincent. You can include other Lost characters but the focus MUST be on Vincent.

The top three winners will each receive a Madison (Vincent) “pawtographed” photo.

If you need a place to host your image there are a number of free hosting services. Here is a list of several options for you to use:

Photo Bucket http://photobucket.com/
Image Hosting http://www.theimagehosting.com/
Image Shack http://www.imageshack.us/

Good luck!

The Rules:

-When e-mailing your entry it must say “June Lost Wallpaper” in the subject line.

-Entries must be saved as LVI_(your screen name) to make the judging process easier.

-You entry must be the following size: 1024x768 and/or 800x600

- Your entry must be sent to our contest submissions email, lvicontests@gmail.com, by the contest deadline. If you send your entry to lostvideo@gmail.com it will not be entered in the contest.

www.lostvideo.net
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this has us caught up on the months contests. Again I apologize for the delay in getting the information of the 2nd and 3rd contests to you. We can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

CONTEST # 3

Contest Name: Vincent LOST Avatar

Contest Period: June 20th – June 27th

The Details:

Finding a Jake/Kate avatar or a character or actor driven avatar is easy unless you are looking for Vincent related stuff. This contest is to provide the Lost fandom with Vincent avatars. Fans will be able to express their love for Vincent throughout message boards on the web.

Photo Bucket http://photobucket.com/
Image Hosting http://www.theimagehosting.com/
Image Shack http://www.imageshack.us/

Good luck!

The Rules:

-When e-mailing your entry it must say “June Lost Wallpaper” in the subject line.

-You entry must be the following size: 100x100

www.lostvideo.net
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabout time!

BTW - How many entries did ya get for the first contest? J/W
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er...this may be an odd question, but I'm going to ask it anyway...

Regarding the second contest ("wallpapers"):

I actually made a Vincent/Shannon desktop wallpaper shortly after Exodus 1 first aired; it's only been posted to one of my message board haunts, though...anyway, would that be eligible?

The answer to this may be mindbogglingly obvious; however, bear in mind that it's 1:30 in the morning here and I'm exhausted, so I'm not at my sharpest.

sig by niki blue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: