Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter, Book 7 - Major Spoiler Warning!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Harry Potter, Book 7 - Major Spoiler Warning!! Reply with quote

Gah!!! The book is about to be delivered any moment now... I'm so excited and soooo impatient!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!! It's here! It's finally here!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get reading then
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decide to read it in English!!!!YAY!
I'm gonna buy it tomorrow...can't wait!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Okay, something to do with the ending is in this tag so dont read if you dont wanna!

Spoiler:

RON AND HERMIONE!!!! AT LAST!!!!! WE HAVE WAITED 10 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cried when Harry said goodbye to the Dursleys... and Hedwig! HEDWIG!!!!!!!! WHY JOANNA? WHY?!

But I havent finished, I just read the ending first, then bits of the book

I'm impatient!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, binge-reading . See you guys later
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chonny
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finished. Amazing, I can't believe it's the end...

Imagine the amount of people in the world reading it, it said on msn there was almost half the world. Scary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished reading it.

As a 22 year old, I cannot absolutely remember the last time I cried so much in such a short span of time. Not only because of the deaths, but the ending, and the fact that this is the last one.

I'm an emotional wreck.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only up to Chapter 7 and i've already cried!

Spoiler:

I cried when Harry said goodbye to the dursleys! "See ya Big D." !!HEDWIG!! OMG.. why Hedwig? And I SO thought Hagrid was dead then. George (or is it Fred? *eyeroll*) and his poor ear. Although, I did chuckle at the ear jokes JK put in Classic. Ron with that book on how to talk to girls or whatever, LOL! Then when he used some of the lines on Hermione And Harry and Ginny.. who are you? Jack and Kate? For GODS SAKE IF YOU'RE GOING TO KISS TALK TO EACHOTHER AFTERWARDS!!! Seriously, this happens in everything I read/watch. Pssshhhtt.

[/spoiler]

IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only up to Chapter 7 and i've already cried!

Spoiler:

I cried when Harry said goodbye to the dursleys! "See ya Big D." !!HEDWIG!! OMG.. why Hedwig? And I SO thought Hagrid was dead then. George (or is it Fred? *eyeroll*) and his poor ear. Although, I did chuckle at the ear jokes JK put in Classic. Ron with that book on how to talk to girls or whatever, LOL! Then when he used some of the lines on Hermione And Harry and Ginny.. who are you? Jack and Kate? For GODS SAKE IF YOU'RE GOING TO KISS TALK TO EACHOTHER AFTERWARDS!!! Seriously, this happens in everything I read/watch. Pssshhhtt.

AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading this for twelve hours straight yesterday (took the day off work mwahahahaha!!)

This book is a masterpiece. There is no other word for it! JK paced this last instalment FLAWLESSLY. I was gripped throughout the entire book. From chapter 33 onwards, I couldn't take my eyes away from the page, and throughout my last half an hour of reading, I was crying non-stop. For those who haven't read it, I won't say either way whether the ending is happy or sad, just that it's one of the most moving pieces of literature I've read in my life. The final fight, though it goes on for what seems like forever, is excellently written, with some old characters coming to the fore in a spectacular ending to the series. Thumbs up, JK! 10 out of 10.

Supernatural Video Station
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear hear, AlcoholicPixie. My thoughts exactly and very well said.

I was crying so much towards the end that I considered stopping just to give my emotions a break,but I continued anyway, and I'm very glad I did.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished reading the books at 3:00 AM yesterday!!! I have a headhache today. I knew I should have put the book down but I just couldn't!!!!

It was amazing!!!! I'll have to read it again...

Spoiler:

I was bawling my eyes out when Harry walked to his death surronded by his parents, Sirius and Lupin....

As for the death... I didn't think she'd kill so many. *sigh* poor Fred, Lupin and Tonks.

One of my favorite scene was Neville confrongting Voldemort and killing the snake!!!! Go Neville!!! And Molly killing Bellatrix!!!!!! Bicth!

And for Ron-Hermione..... awwwww....

Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished reading, and it was really, really great. But...*bursts out in tears*

Spoiler:

WHY??? Why Fread, Lupin and Tonks? Why the tell did she need to kill them? I was always sure that at least the twins will be safe *cries her eyes off* and the poor son of Lupin and Tonks is now alone I cried so much as the Weasleys were all standing round Fred, and George kneeling beside him, and then Lupin and Tonks lying beneath him...OmG, I'm beginning to cry once more and poor, poor Dobby, and Hedwig! Why did JKR have to be so brutal to kill all of them?
But it was so genuis as Molly killed Bellatrix! It was really amazing! I think none of us has ever read ( ) her so furious...of course, because of her dead son...*cry again*

My mother-tongue is German, not English, so I'm sorry for mistakes.

Icons and Banner by me: http://clairepace17.livejournal.com/
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished it last night which means that now I'm dead tired and my eyes are still burning from all the crying and it's my first day at my summer internship, GAH!!

Spoiler:

Yes, I did cry a lot. And somehow, I'm not happy, even with such a wonderful happy ending. Maybe I'll have to let it sink in first.

So many dead characters, it was just awful. I was crying all the time. Mad-Eye, Dobby, Hedwig, Fred, Tonks and Remus... that was too much (in particular Tonks and Remus)

Worst of all those deaths was Snape's death, at least to me. I mean, I saw it coming, but I gotta admit that he was one of my favourites and to me, it was simply heart-breaking. Especially when considering that, right after his death, Harry found out the whole about Snape. That he had indeed been "Dumbledore's Man", that he had risked his own life all the time and that he's been in love with Harry's mother in all those years. That was too much for me

Although I'm still kinda unhappy, I have to say that there were a lot of great moments, too:

- Ron and Hermione finally kissing. I actually screamed with joy (yeah, I'm so very mature with my 23 years ). In general, they were great together in this book. I loved to see how much Ron cared about her all the time
- Neville being the new "leader" of Dumbledore's Army, killing the Basilik and becoming teacher at Hogwarts. That boy really deserved a good ending. Would've been such a shame if he, too, had died.
- Ron saving Harry from drowning and destroying the locket afterwards. Go Ron!!
- Kreacher becoming a Harry Potter-supporter
- One of Harry's kids being named Albus Severus. That brought tears to my eyes once again. What a noble gesture.

I'm sure there were even more great moments, but I can't think of anything else right now... too tired...

I'm sure I'll read the book again, but that might take a while... 'til I get over Severus' death, I reckon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: