Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew as soon as I saw the words "Aislynn" and "Contest Talk" together it meant we were in for a scolding "hurry up!" message
we're runnign late, partially due to our guest judges' vacation that ran a few days late, and mostly due to all of us being a little busy. We need to get ahold of that Vincent contest still, but I promise that we will have a contest (or event... thoughts are being thrown about) for this month, and it will have a full 30 days from start to finish so that vidders may be notified.
I believe it's confirmed at least now that we will indeed be having the Season one Summary videos for the August contest, though the rules will have to wait a bit no pre-entries! LOL

As for this month, we haven't exactly decided yet, so any last-minute ideas could still be sent in if you want

None of us like how laggy this whole process has been lately. It's not a lack of people that's letting ti get so slow, but a lack of being able to organize the lot of us to make one decision >.< arggghhh... who would have thought Summer was the busiest time of year?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the July Video contest should be like LOST Fashion Island.........................yeah I know it sucks. Haven't had my morning coffee yet.

Banner: Shinythings
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had an idea for July that may be pretty good, if not a bit challenging: A Lost video utilizing clips from the song artist's video.

EXAMPLE: a video to Boulevard of Broken Dreams mixing clips from Lost with clips of Green Day.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA5763 wrote:
I actually had an idea for July that may be pretty good, if not a bit challenging: A Lost video utilizing clips from the song artist's video.

EXAMPLE: a video to Boulevard of Broken Dreams mixing clips from Lost with clips of Green Day.

Thart's a cool idea.

The harder the challenge, the better the vids. I'd enter
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about a guide?
like ' how to survive in the jungle' or so?

I don't like this mixing idea Oo

ok making something comercial like?
for example, we have to make a comercial about a showering gel or so XD?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I knew as soon as I saw the words "Aislynn" and "Contest Talk" together it meant we were in for a scolding "hurry up!" message

Gee, I was hoping more for "politely inquiring" rather than scolding, but oh well... So is life when you're an pushy, old broad...

I just was especially curious why nobody else who entered seemed to wonder what happened to the June contest... Made me feel like everybody else had gotten The Memo but me!

Anyway, thanks for answering also, Hobbes!

And here's my big contest idea:

Pair a character with a song that goes against the norm for them. Something like Locke/"I Feel Pretty" or Kate/"Redneck Woman" or whatever bizarre combination you can come up with.

Let us all pause to note that I'm suggesting this particular idea because I can't do vids that incorporate any other material than the few "Lost" clips that I have...

Anyway, make of that whatever you want...

~Aislynn

Hm, Kate/"Redneck Woman"... Nobody do that one 'cause I think I actually have that song on a comp CD...
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
BA5763 wrote:

Thart's a cool idea.

The harder the challenge, the better the vids. I'd enter

I don't want to get into a big discussion about that one, as I'm sure a few people may remember from last time I did but I don't consider that a very challenging thing to do, as all the clips split from the original one can only be placed in the same time slot they were at... if that makes sense >.< i.e. if you were to make half of the video lost clips, and half of it the music video clips, then since those music video clips have to be put at the same positions in the video as the original, or else they'd be out of sync, they can't be edited around. So it's like making half a video, with less plot to it than normal because now whenever you get to a hard part in the song to put clips to, you can just use the easy way out by means of those "freebie" singer clips. Why make half a video when you can make a whole video? lol.

I like the guide idea pretty well, and I'm all for the wacky songs idea but I'm not so sure how easy it would be to develop rules for that one. that, and we kinda get those every day anyway! LOL

in the next month or two, I hope to start up a little unofficial contest remeniscient of LAURA4LAD . It will be a contest with a set choice of songs, all of which I deep near-impossible to vid my favourite example is "Put da lime in da coconut" . Should be fun, if nothing else!

Keep the ideas coming, guys. I'll post them in our wee "decision booth".
This might be a good opportunity to pull-off some events that you guys might think cool. This moonth doesn't necessarilly have to be a contest (after all, we're 12 days in now! ) But it would be awesome if we had something to get the 'team spirit' up .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks you like my idea *Ggg+
but I would also love a comercial thingreally like

*clip* Kate takes her shirt off andl ooks around*cut*you see her ful still looking around* Everthing in black and white and than
CK for a woman XDDDDD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When's the results going to be announced?

Sorry I'm new to all this. I'll be happy if my vid gets in the top three that would be cool

Any ideas for a July contest yet?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any ideas for a July contest yet?

Yup just wait for all the counil members to actually agree on it.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is the 17. july
maybe you should hury up with that or we'll have the july contest in august
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with Ally and make it the ads idea that's a really good one! I still have to figure out an idea if I'm to submit though but Ally's perfume ads are awesome.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ^^

and? how is the contest voting thing going ^^;;??
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
and? how is the contest voting thing going ^^;;??

All the voting is finished so now we just have to go through and review all the final votes and determine the winners. Results should be up tonight...hopefully .

We've just about dug ourselves out of the avalanche of work we'd found ourselves buried under.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the voting is tallied and I have a listing of the winners but I'm waiting on final agreement from the rest of the council to make sure all of our numbers match up so the results will definitely be released tonight (better late then never ).

I just want to thank you guys for your patience while we got caught up this month.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: