Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making good vids with WMM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's really good! I don't even watch The Office but it kept me entertained tho I didn't know the characters or the clips. It must have taken forever on WMM!

art by me&tammy
rolloffbed
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Toxic-Skate vid Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr0uXZOMDcs

i thought they used the beat soo well
tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rolloffbed

http://www.fanfiction.net/~rolloffbed
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That "The Office" vid was amazing in beat use! Wow! That must've took a LOT of patience!

Rolloffbed, that vid you posted was actually made by KAT (Karowyn on the boards!) She's an awesome vidder. And this is really great beat use.

But remember a good vid doesn't necessarily mean beat use, everyone! So much more goes into a good vid.

Now I'm not entirely sure this a WMM, but definitely COULD be.

This vid focuses on storytelling and funny facial expressions. It really works wonders. (Hopefully, it's funny even if one doesn't know the show, Supernatural.) In any case, the story is easy to understand.

Warning: A parody using m/m slash. Don't know if everyone is cool with that. No kissing or anything sexual, but I just wanted to let people know.

Things that Make You Go "Hmm."
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! That Supernatural vid was amazing! I loved it!

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
Haha! That Supernatural vid was amazing! I loved it!

Hee! Isn't it cute?

OK, 3 recs for today.

Kryptonite (Supernatural) - There are a lot of crazy beats in this song and the vidder knew which ones he could get and which ones for lost. Personally? I feel like the fact that he paid attention to the beats HE COULD get down means that he really cares about the quality of the vid. Also, there was some really neat lyrical intepretation in this. Give it a view!

Cryin' (Wonderfalls) - A WONDERFUL example of using the camera angles provided from your show/movie to help you with your beat use and such. Great lyrical intepretation and very good beat use when the occasion arises!

Ben, Theatrical Trailer (Dark Angel) - Such a simple vid, but the voiceovers and the music MAKE this vid. For all we know, this vid could've been made with the most sophisticated program out there, but there's no reason WMM couldn't have done it just as well. Great trailer; very captivating!

I hope vidders are finding this examples inspiring. If not, I still like reccing stuff to everyone!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this tread was about tips for people who want to make awesome LOST vids with WMM...does anyone know where i can find one?

My LiveJournal: http://loudpaw.livejournal.com/
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, loudpaw! Try here for a list of links to the tutorials we have available at LVI. One of them is especially for WMM, though it was written for the Windows XP WMM version 1 and 2. There's also Uruviel's Beat Use Tutorial which works just as well for WMM as any other program. Hope that helps a bit!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loudpaw wrote:
I thought this tread was about tips for people who want to make awesome LOST vids with WMM...does anyone know where i can find one?

Sorry, I don't have any actual tips for you (that's not my expertise), but hopefully you found what you needed with Aislynn's guides!

Hopefully, this thread reminds you that cool WMM vids are possible and it helps inspire your muse!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to despise vids made with Vegas, especially in the Lost fandom. I haven't watched a lot of Lost vids lately but I watched some today and to be frank, I was a little disappointed with the current trend of vids submitted to LVI. Seems a lot of the vids focus on special effects instead of storytelling. It's all overlays, split screens, quick cuts, borders, beat use. It's distracting. Seems style is more important than substance (I don't want to generalize, but it's the current trend) What happened to telling a story??? The effects should help you telling your story, not distract from it.

Vegas is becoming a dirty little beast. I much prefer vids made with WMM these days.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that necessarily has anything to do with the program used. Beat use and effects can be overdone in WMM as well.

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the music, I use Vegas and usually use major effects/beat use when vidding to a particularly rockish song that has lots of beats in it. But I don't always use lots of effects like in my Breathe Me vid, I used very little effects. Also depends on the person, some people like exploring the effects more, it's the fun of Vegas!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
I don't think that necessarily has anything to do with the program used. Beat use and effects can be overdone in WMM as well.

Yeah, you're right. Overdoing effects are bad in any vidding software. I think the amazing effect capabilities of Vegas is encouraging it though.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
HobbitRockGod wrote:

Yeah, you're right. Overdoing effects are bad in any vidding software. I think the amazing effect capabilities of Vegas is encouraging it though.

I have to agree with you a little there. It's no fault of the vidder, except that we're given so many options in Vegas and you really just wanna try out EVERYTHING. lol.

---

Some more examples for our WMM users!

Grace Kelly (Pushing Daisies) - Having a simple twist, like sticking yourself into the vid to help push the story along, can go a LONG way in making the vid entertaining. In this vid, Ned and his friends ask ABC what they could've done to stay on the air! (*goes into the corner and cries for Pushing Daisies , but anyway...)

You're So Sweet (Pushing Daisies) - Pushing Daisies is a show that revolves around a piemaker who resurrected his childhood sweetheart from death. So why not use a song that combines food and romance??? This is adorable and simple, yet it puts a HUGE grin on my face.

Umbrella (Angel: the Series) - Not many Angel vids are about the friendships found in the show. Trying something new also goes a long way, without having to be overly flashy.

---

Enjoy!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm not sure if this thread actually helps/inspires anyone, but I'm bored, and I like reccing random stuff. So here I am doing so. heehee...

I don't know if the following were made with WMM, but notice that there's nothing about them that would say otherwise.

Respectable - Spike Character Study (Buffy the Vampire Slayer): The focus on this one is the narrative. It follows the lyrics closely all while staying chronological. Notice the unique song choice and how the vidder uses motion from the clips themselves to keep up the pace of the music.

Stuck in the Middle With You (Supernatural): This one focuses on two episodes only and it takes dramatic moments and turns them completely silly. Interpreting pre-selected scenes (because there's only a limited amount in episodic vids) in a new way to fit the lyrics makes it that much funnier -- like the angels are the clowns and the demons are the jokers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hekllo all,

Thanks alot for the great post, it is really interestie\d post so please do some more post here.

thanks alot

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: