Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making good vids with WMM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be sure that this was made with WMM, but there is no reason why it couldn't be.

This was a Supernatural promo that was made by a vidder and aired on TV during one of the episodes.

It's amazingly simple, yet chilling to the bone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJlnHKZAbO8
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that one on TV. Wait... a fanmade video made on TV? *jaws drops* Holy eff!

And that Tourniquet video was just... wow... I am speechless.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I saw that one on TV. Wait... a fanmade video made on TV? *jaws drops* Holy eff!

Yup, I'm pretty sure. I think it was the winner of a promotional vid competition the CW had. Pretty creepy!

This is a great WMM-made vid right here. Just stumbled upon it by chance but I'm glad I did. Great beat use, addictive song, smooth character analysis. Dean Winchester is complicated...

(Aislynn, if you're reading this, it's for you. I know your love of Bon Jovi and Dean so... )

Enjoy, everyone!

And don't be afraid to post your own findings!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
*snickers* the South Park one was so clever. Weird and scary ... but clever and fun!

Hayley has the best crack, doesn't she?

Quote:
That Tourniquet vid, Jen ... Wow! Effing amazing!!!!! PRIME EXAMPLE of this thread! I asked FaithMars how she managed to do some of that stuff on Youtube. I hope she'll answer back!

Ooooooooor you could sign up at SVS and PM her. She's really good about answering PMs promptly even if she's not on the board posting very often. She's really a sweetheart.

PsychoCynic wrote:
This is a great WMM-made vid right here. Just stumbled upon it by chance but I'm glad I did. Great beat use, addictive song, smooth character analysis. Dean Winchester is complicated...

Yay! Another great one by my good friend and co-mod at SVS, Hayley! LOVE her Complicated Vid!

I'm in LOVE with this video and have been since Lsketch (aka Lauren) submitted it to SVS. It's a recap of 2x20 What Is And What Should Never Be done to "Beautiful Lie" by 30 Seconds to Mars. Check it out: What Can Never Be She won vid of the month in May (I think) for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I saw that Beautiful Lie vid. I think I may have cried a little. Oh my Dean fangirl heart breaks everytime I see it. That Lauren is really talented.

I'd love to sign up to SVS for I can't even get on track to making Lost vids so I doubt I could start a whole new fandom.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, we have good spam at SVS, too Plus, some pretty neat fanfic *coughs[selfpimpage]SurvivaloftheFittest[/selfpimpage]andWhiteMooseifyoulikecrack!ficcoughs*, and Lauren and Hayley post all their SPN vids there. They're both amazingly talented and Lauren did some HILARIOUS vids called the Supernatural Drinking Game (Rounds one and two) and The Impalas (a mock awards show) that are up, too. Check it out if you get bored sometime
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guh at this. THIS is an AU. *falls over* Our new mod, Lauren, at SVS did this one with WMM:

Pieces of a Dream
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, Jen, I *heart* Pieces of a Dream. I'm astonished every time I watch it at how Lauren created the whole thing with so few scenes of Jessica.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nt-xu8B2LCE

Another SPN vid (but, people, please feel free to post other fandom vids. My attention just has migrated toward Supernatural these days).

Let this vid be a lesson that you can still hit those prominent beats with WMM...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't think I stopped looking for those good WMM vids, did you?

Okay, so I actually don't even really WATCH "Dark Angel," but I have seen this episode and this was a wonderful and heartbreaking trailer for it (episode = "The Berrisford Agenda.") I think what makes so beautiful is NOT the special effects one finds with Vegas, but the incredibly appropriate and moving use of the voiceovers and music.

Very effective and short trailer so go check it out! Re-discover how you can make lemonade from lemons!

"The Berrisford Agenda" Trailer
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally still using WMM for lack of the moneys.

This isn't a Lost video, but I'm fairly proud of it. (I'm not trying to brag or anything, honest, I'm usually totallyyy over critical about anything I make myself)

NCIS Team Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_qyahT4ddI
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! That was a great vid made with WMM, Kait. I especially loved the fade-outs in the beginning and the beat use around 2:35.

Not sure if this one was made with WMM (does WMM have an effect that allows you to mirror a clip in four sections?) In any case, this vid emphasizes the creativity needed for making vids, not beat use or fancy coloring.

This is the trailer audio from "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," using clips from Buffy and Angel (Angel as Mr. Smith and Faith as Mrs. Smith). I really like the lipsyncing and the scenes chosen for this vid. Really flows well with the background audio!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t2wK9pTF20

Enjoy!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i know this is all about great WMM vids but i had a question about WMM if anyone could answer it...

I'm pretty new to vidding and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to work with audio clips... like I want just ONE clip to have audio but the rest not to... how do i do that?

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rolloffbed

http://www.fanfiction.net/~rolloffbed
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolloffbed wrote:
hey i know this is all about great WMM vids but i had a question about WMM if anyone could answer it...

I'm pretty new to vidding and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to work with audio clips... like I want just ONE clip to have audio but the rest not to... how do i do that?

Once the clips are in the timeline, right-click on the audio part, and mute all the clips that you don't want to have sound. Hope that made sense!

icon by becca
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answering that, Charlie's_Innocence!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this amazing vid made with WMM, and I have to say I'm in awe at the beat use. Seriously! It rocks!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypn8ixcR3CI

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: