Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making good vids with WMM
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Making good vids with WMM Reply with quote

--- yes, folks, it's possible!

Coming this July, I will be celebrating my two anniversary at LVI. During these two years, I have seen some of best and brightest vidders become even better with expensive and fancy vidding programs such as Sony Vegas, Adobe, and others.

However, I'd like to remind everyone that a fancy program is not absolutely necessary to make brilliant videos.

So, I've decided to open up this thread where people can come post exceptionally wonderful videos that they've found made with WMM. The main focus here is on the great beat use that can be achieved even with typical WMM. However, feel free to post ANY WMM-made videos that are worth mentioning.

I'll start with a Buffy/Angel vid that I first watched on a person's site, but I now found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fla52HoDYEs

I'm doing this so everyone that DOESN'T have a stellar program and still be reminded that WMM can produce fantastic things if the vidder tries hard enough. I hope this inspires the WMM vidders that have lost their way (*cough* me, for example). And I hope others can contribute.

Live long and vid!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Warrens vid Your Horoscope For Today is a very good example!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGrLI6P88vg
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*blush*
Well, most of that thing was made in paint shop pro actually LOL

Great thread idea!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maria, this is a TOTALLLY AWESOME thread idea!

Yes, I know that I've been on the Sony Vegas Movie Studio bandwagon for the past year but I rode the WMM Tricycle of Doooooooooom for a long time before that. And in all the years since I've been watching vids, I've seen some fantastic WMM vids, so it certainly can be done! (Usually with a great deal of wailing and tearing out of your hair, 'cause WMM loves to put the "suffering" into "suffering artist," now doesn't it? )

Anyway, let me consult my vid lists (and faulty memory, oy ) and I'll be back with some of my most favoritest WMM-made vids!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love this thread, Maria! I'd recommend some, but all of the really cool WMM vids that I like a lot are Supernatural vids *headdesk* I fail.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'd like to nominate everything done by Ais up until "Station Bawitdaba", with emphasis on:

Hit the Road Jack
http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2382

CELLS
http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3843

and... Stockholm Syndrome!!
http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4108

(also Cry Me A River http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1080)

(and the rest)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I figured Ais' early work was kind of a given
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phoenix39
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my faves. Time Is Running Out Also, anything by pumpkin_heart, especially Savin' Me and behind These Hazel Eyes.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
I really love this thread, Maria! I'd recommend some, but all of the really cool WMM vids that I like a lot are Supernatural vids *headdesk* I fail.

See, that's the beauty of this thread. The vids you post DON'T have to be Lost-related! The one I posted was from Buffy, and we'd (or least I'd) love to see Supernatural vids too! LIke Aislynn said, WMM put the "suffering" in "suffering artist," regardless of the fandom!

Aislynn's early vids were a given! But feel free to post for those who've never seen them!

That Peter vid a great example of a suspenseful and appropriate vid using the footage given and a simple technique, phoenix! Keep 'em coming!

Anybody that has tried to vid a rockier song of Muse's will appreciate the effort that obviously must have went into making this Angel vid.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FnwaixxERQM
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Angel video was awesome!

Here's a hilarious Supernatural vid. It may just look like complete and udder randomness if you are not familiar with the show, but here it is. Supernatural in the Park
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We Are All On Drugs" Can't. Do. It. Better.

And awwwwwwww! Warren, you're a sweetheart! *hugs for Warren, Jen and Maria* Many, MANY thanks for the shout-outs!

I'm still going to compile a list. I just haven't had time. Darn house repairs!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phoenix39 wrote:
Here's a hilarious Supernatural vid. It may just look like complete and udder randomness if you are not familiar with the show, but here it is. Supernatural in the Park

OMG our newest mod at Supernatural Video Station made this! "Lunchie munchies...hmm...?" *falls over after bowing down to the awesomeness that is Hayley (aka hay1ock)*

Okay, when you see this vid, you'll never believe that it was made with WMM, but the vidder swears up and down that it was. Tourniquet by FaithMars. Just GUH!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*snickers* the South Park one was so clever. Weird and scary ... but clever and fun!

That Tourniquet vid, Jen ... Wow! Effing amazing!!!!! PRIME EXAMPLE of this thread! I asked FaithMars how she managed to do some of that stuff on Youtube. I hope she'll answer back!

*hugs Aislynn* You are the sweetest, hon! Thanks so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: