Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.09 - "What Kate Did" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harpreetd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, ok.... I know i'm being a little too anxious...

I've been having a bad week and I just thought Lost would've cured my sadness

I guess I can wait till next year. That just means I'm gonna have to find something fun to do on Wednesday nights.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I keep wondering...

So, was Sawyer channeling Dead Wayne or what? At first I thought that the whole "why'd you kill me?" moment was all in Kate's sleep-deprived mind. But then why was Sawyer on the floor when Jack found him?

And why did he answer to "Wayne?"

I'm all confuzzled.

*looks for confuzzled smiley*

*insert really confuzzled looking smiley here*

"Confuzzled" is a fun word, hm? But I'll try to stop saying now, I promise...

~Aislynn
harpreetd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol...... "confuzzled" very cute Aislynn.

Anyways, I'm just as "confused" as you are.
Yes, I'm sure that Sawyer was channeling Dead Wayne. And as far as being only in Kate's mind: I do believe her mind was creating some freaky unreal stuff. But thats LOST for ya... Freaky deaky things happen all the time. Remember the horse that Kate see's but others don't. Sawyer happens to see it too, so maybe these things aren't just in her mind.

As far as answering to Wayne, it's just the fact that Sawyer reminds her a lot about Wayne> Sorry thats all I got.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good points, harpreetd!

About Sawyer answering to "Wayne," I just had a weird thought. What if his real name ISN'T James Ford as we've been led to believe? (And I personally have never been sure that "Ford" was his real last name, even if the "James" part was real.) What if his real first name... is Wayne?!?

No offense to the Wayne's of this world (uh-oh, now I have "Wayne's World" going through my head! ), but I really hope that's not the case. I like "James" better (despite the fact that a James and I once parted on really bad terms. But that's another story... ).

~Aislynn
harpreetd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Aislynn your making me "confuzzled" You have a great mind and your very creative, I just can't compete with your skillz.

Anyways, what i've been really anxious to know for most of Season 2 is whether "the others" are actually bad guys or not. In most ways unexplainable, everyone on the island should already be dead. But it seems "the others" are holding back because of something. Anyways, I'm also curious about the Orientation tape when it discusses an incident that happened. I really wanna know what that incident was.

Also, who is Locke always talking to when he's by himself. He seems to question himself. Does he have multiple personalities or something?
Or is someone or something really trying to talk to him. Very creepy stuff.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I doubt any of that is something we can know for sure at this point, but to me it seems like Locke believes the island is watching him, and expecting him to pay back the miracle that gave him his legs back. So in a way, even if it is just talkign to himself, he sees the island as a person who cares about him. Kinda like a prayer, which he assumed the island can hear since it is so powerful.

As for the others: it's very easy to group people into 'good" or "bad", but if there's one thing I've learned from Lost, it's that there are no such clear boundaries. Everyone has their own motives here, and the Others may or may not be some static evil group. Who knows, maybe they are yet another group of survivors just trying to make it, with a more hostile approach than the rest of the people. I guess we'll find out soon enough. In the meantime, you can go here to see some cool dialog taken from the whispers we've heard throughout the show:
http://www.lostlinks.net/whispers.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
harpreetd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, very interesting. Nice response to Locke Hobbes, as I know you are one of Locke's greatest fans.

I believe that Locke is a unique character and even interesting, however, many things about him remain mysterious. But thats how Locke is, and the way the creators of Lost wanted him to be like. It just gives you the shivers, when you think how Locke may know more than the other survivers.

Anyways, the four characters I am keeping an eye on most are:Locke, Jack, Ecko, and Desmond.

Very good characters.
DemonPreyer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few thoughts (better late than never, besides I'm new here.)

Why Kate kissed Jack: because she was so focused on Sawyer. She knows she has some feelings for him, but has also spent a lot of time with Jack. She needs to know what, if any, feelings she has for Jack so she kissed him. I think she found she DID have feelings for him stronger than she realized, that's why she ran away all confused. Plus, she may still be thinking, in the back of her mind, that IF they get rescued she can't be with anybody then! As far as Kate's 'killer instinct'.... maybe he didn't physically molest her, but there are still a lot of things we don't know. I don't advocate murder, but I'll withhold judgement about this until I know more. It's very possible Wayne was mentally/emotionally/financially/socially abusive.

Now that Rose & Bernard are back together is their storyline dead?!

I do NOT believe that was actually Walt on the computer. Where would such an old PC be hooked up to to receive/send IM's?!

Shannon's funeral: Nobody had anything to say cause DUH nobody liked her! She was basically horrid and usually alone or with Sayid or Boone (or Vincent). They just came cause she was 'one of their own' and that's just what you do (not like there was a whole lot else to do anyway.) I think they all do respect Sayid tho, so that's 2 reasons to attend.

Michael: I love that this show is tackling tough issues. It's probably ludicrous, in reality, to have a missing child on a desert island. But you never even think that way (until I opened my big mouth?) but except for Two Towers/King Theoden I've never seen a program really deal with the pain of losing a child. (Granted I don't watch much tv anyway. Lost, Surface, & Frasier reruns lol.) Watching Michael's pain drive him to run around in the dangerous jungle in frustration is VERY compelling and that's just ONE storyline. Gawd, I LOVE this show.

Don't wanna write a novel, so I'll stop now. Oh, one more thing......why hasn't ANYBODY besides me been curious about the cable?! It runs into the jungle/Danielle. Isn't anybody wondering where the submerged end goes to? Why doesn't somebody dive down there and see??????????!!!!! Michael? Sayid? Locke? Someone???!!!!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Don't wanna write a novel, so I'll stop now. Oh, one more thing......why hasn't ANYBODY besides me been curious about the cable?! It runs into the jungle/Danielle. Isn't anybody wondering where the submerged end goes to? Why doesn't somebody dive down there and see??????????!!!!! Michael? Sayid? Locke? Someone???!!!!

Betcha it's like an undergroud hatch, or some sort of underwater power supply.

I like the theory I heard on some unofficial podcasts: the computer has artificial intelligence, and the only way for it to be kept from realizing it's alive is by feeding ti code to work on every 108 minutes. this keeps it busy. But since Locke took it too close to 0 last time, the computer finished its code, and woke up. The "dad?" you saw ;wasn't actually Walt, but the computer asking if Micheal was its creator
Crazy, but I'd laugh my ass off if it's true
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DemonPreyer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting theory...but could a computer become self aware with old 80's technology? If so, why only the one on this island? Anyone seen 'War Games'? LOL Oddly enough, right after I posted how I'd been bursting since the cable was first even seen really......I just read a spoiler about it! D'oh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: