Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Erin, but I added in some finale stuff at the end and am uploading the new one now.

All the vids I've seen so far are awesome! Erin, I thought it was cool you decided to show a bit of season one aswell. Would be very helpful to people who actually haven't ever seen the show before.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was my thought too. When it said for the Contest Description that you would want to make it appealing to someone who hasn't seen the show, then I thought to myself, that to really understand a second season of a show, you would have to have some background on what happened in the first.

Unfortunately, I had to cut alot of the first season part out to make room for the things I wanted to accomplish in the final copy. Now here's the kicker...I don't know which to use. The rough copy seemed a bit too rushed, and didn't have enough of what I wanted to put in...but the final one that I just finished seems to have...well just too much almost. I regretted cutting out where they were boarding the plane in the first season, but I just needed more time otherwise it would be well over ten minutes. Now I'm kind of at a loss for what to do...I'm not sure which is the better contest entry...the rough copy, or the final copy.

What I'm probably going to do is go back into the rough copy and see if there are things I can switch around in there, so I can keep what I want, and also have more of what I need in there. I honestly don't see how I can do it. I showed the final copy to my fiance, but of course, when I asked him "which should I put in?" he did the male shrug "I dunno" type thing which ticked me off a tiny bit.

Basically, what I did in the final copy was take out most of what I showed in the first season, and lengthened the last song considerably "land of confusion" and when I say lengthened it, I mean that I have the whole song in there...which I'm starting to think is a bad idea. I think in a medley, each song should be about the same length, to make it more even. However, when looking over the rough draft, it just seemed too rushed, which I think might have been because I didn't have all the clips I needed at the time.

Either way, I'll figure something out. I don't think either are good enough to submit, so I'll have to do more work. This is my fifth edit so far.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vid officially complete, submitted and hidden somewhere in this post.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it isn't!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mwahaha yes it is ...this one's very well hidden.

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo eBay
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH, there it is! wow!!!!!! Loved the other 48 days part

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, mine has officially been submitted as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF2oGAVr1Pc

May not be the best..but it's an issue of the program, not me at this point. There's other contests to be involved in hehe
Luka
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG guys! Amazing vids! You´re so talented!

It´s interesting how all those vids seems like complete each other. One have a little more Michael scenes, another more Jack, another more Charlie, another more Sawyer... I think we could make a "group-vid" if we want to...

Really, congrats and good luck to all of you! *hugs*

PS: Marcus, your banner just cracked me up... "I love you Pen"

My Lj
No Jack = No Lost
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, who isn't done and still needs more time? I know DS could use a few days, so lets start by just adding three days to the clock, and making the deadline September 3rd, but does anyone else need some time as well..? I'd rather not have to add any more time than needed, even though this is one big contest to complete. I am very proud of anyone who DID finish in time though lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update time again!

1. ashyrulz88
2. ChicaFrom3
3. Luka
4. cylune
5. marcus
6. xXAngelicEvilXx
7. Uruviel

ETA Uruviel to the list rather than repost it just one post later...

Last edited by Aislynn on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's my vid!! I was waiting for it to be Warren-approved, since the whole vid was his idea (THANKS AGAIN!!!)!

http://www.theargonath.cc/lost/mv/LVI_august06_uruviel.wmv

Looking forward to seeing all the entries!
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That rocked, Uruviel. You and Hobbes had some great ideas, I can't believe you managed to fit the season into just five minutes!

Blitzy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi im new here, im bussy with this vid and i think i can use it for the contest. But im not sure if im gonna make it in time.
Can i still upload it untill the last hour of 31 august??
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Marcus. I love Coldplay and my favorites from them are tied between Clocks and Speed of Sound and you did an excellent job with the song! And it is definitely impressive how you squeezed the whole season into five minutes, and didn't smother it. Well done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: