Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x12 - Par Avion Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last two posts weren't about Charlie at all. They were about my right to have an express an opinion.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiraMarie wrote:
lol. KajaM you liked the flashbacks with Christian? I mean I did too, but I thought the situation when she said "I dont even know your name, and I never want to" was really unintentionally funny. I was cracking up. I just thought that was the most ridiculous way the writers could have made it clear why she never knew Jack or even heard about him.

Yeah, ok, I agree with you about the "I don't even know your name and I never want to" - line. That's indeed a pretty cheap trick (although I won't give up hoping that... one day... Jack and claire will find out ). I still enjoyed the moments with Claire and Christian a lot tho. Christian is probably the best flashback character, IMO. Yes, he made some big mistakes in his life, but he's very charismatic and you can really tell that he does care about Jack (as well as Claire) a lot.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Shephard is a great flashback character! But seriously is there anyone on that Island that he hasn't met? He gets around rather a lot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I was just talking about that to my friend! He is in nearly EVERYONE'S flashbacks!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
^ I was just talking about that to my friend! He is in nearly EVERYONE'S flashbacks!

True! I'd love to see him and Hurley together in a flashback.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha that be awesome!

hehe imagine if he was in a Jin/Sun flashback, speaking Korean !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:
haha that be awesome!

hehe imagine if he was in a Jin/Sun flashback, speaking Korean !

strangely i COULD see that!
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOO, idea. What if the whole story is about Christian? lol. JK.

He is a good flashback character, you find yourself genuinely interested in what is with him. It's funny how he is practically a character on the island because we see him go through the best and worst times of him life. It's interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe LOST is all about him!

That would explain a lot........
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:
Maybe LOST is all about him!

That would explain a lot........

You never know... Christian could be HIM, the big leader of the Others. (At least we saw him on the island and we don't really know if it was a hallucination or not).
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm interesting! Could well be....
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
The only logical conclusion I can come to is that the writers have butchered his character. I was saying this to Jen on the phone just the other night; if the writers had not murdered his character by making him too dark, if they had just kept him light and funny while exploring his dark past, there might not be so many people who feel so alienated from the ability to like him.

[/rant]

I'm way late replying to this topic, haha, and I think you're done talking about Charlie, but I have to add my opinion, and I completely agree. I watched this episode tonight, and I was just thinking, "What the hell happened to Charlie?" This seemed way out of character for him, I mean... He said to Claire, "Watching nature shows doesn't exactly make you an expert." I like it when Charlie is snarky, actually, it makes me laugh. But since WHEN is he snarky with CLAIRE?

In his defence, I think he had a good reason to keep THAT particular secret from Claire, about Desmond's visions and all. I mean, he's scared himself, and he doesn't want the woman he loves to worry about him. I felt really bad for him.

Also, has anyone noticed that when Charlie "dies" it's ALWAYS to do something for Claire? I personally think that's really sweet and it shows how much he cares for her. And I think that now that Claire knows everything, Charlie will be okay again. I think keeping things from Claire really screws him up.

I could go into a lot more, but I don't feel like it.

I want my Season One Charlie back...

icon by becca
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlies_Innocence wrote:

I'm way late replying to this topic, haha, and I think you're done talking about Charlie, but I have to add my opinion, and I completely agree. I watched this episode tonight, and I was just thinking, "What the hell happened to Charlie?" This seemed way out of character for him, I mean... He said to Claire, "Watching nature shows doesn't exactly make you an expert." I like it when Charlie is snarky, actually, it makes me laugh. But since WHEN is he snarky with CLAIRE?

I started reading the other page but really had to stop. I hate character bashing most of all when it's my favourite character. It may not have been bashing but still whatever is said will upset me. I'm tired of Charlie hate and at least after all he's been through it should stop.
Am I the only one who thought Charlie reacted humanely? If I was in that situation....and someone was angry at me for not risking my life just to catch some bird, even if they didn't know it would be life-risking, I would probably still act that way. And I'm definitely not a rude person. I couldn't be rude if I tried sometimes. People forget all he's done for her. Claire's been rude to Charlie tonnes of times, so when he's finally rude to her everyone goes "I HATE THAT GUY!" on him?! I just don't get it. I could go on forever about how rude and annoying I sometimes find Sawyer but at least I find the good points in him too. I've started liking him more but he's done much worse things then Charlie has and he hasn't been through all the things he has either. Not many people know what it's like to live like Charlie has, knowing something could happen to him at any minute to kill him in the most vicious way. The writers have even stated it probably would be easier for him to stay in his tent but that would be difficult.
Spoiler:

Even witnessing him getting tortured in that cold, damp underwater hatch wouldn't provoke any sympathy from some people. It's obvious dying for his friends hasn't changed everyone's mind about him. *cough*TV.com*cough*

Quote:
Also, has anyone noticed that when Charlie "dies" it's ALWAYS to do something for Claire? I personally think that's really sweet and it shows how much he cares for her. And I think that now that Claire knows everything, Charlie will be okay again. I think keeping things from Claire really screws him up.

Yep, lots of people have. There's been some fics on it too. Yeah, You'd think after what Claire said that would be the case (-_-)
Spoiler:

But she didn't really do anything to help him. There must have been something SERIOUSLY wrong with her in the finale not to realise WHY Charlie was going down there I'm still hoping she was in some sort of denial. Not a very good excuse but still..

Quote:
I want my Season One Charlie back

I want Season One back! What's so wrong with S3 Charlie? I can understand how he was unlikable in S2 (*blames writers* ) I mean, I would prefer NonDepressed!Charlie where death isn't around every corner but I don't think his behaviour has given any reason for people to dislike him (Well, some people still dislike him for some reason but you know what I mean).

Oh, I want to slip a moral in here! All the characters have changed/are changing. Most for better. Including Charlie. This has all been a journey to redemption which I had thought the show had been about in the first place
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything that you said here Jemma. I absolutely HATE when people bash Charlie. I mean he DIED so that everyone on the island would be rescued. And even when he found out that it wasn't penny boat he still locked himself in the room because he was certain that if he died then rescue would come.
(and don't even get me started on these stupid writers, there were soooo many ways that Charlie could have gotten out of the room after he found out that it wasn't penny’s boat....I'm still so mad about that)
I think that in S3 we were seeing more of S1 Charlie comming back. Except I think he was changed for the better knowing that he was going to die soon he wanted to spend time enjoying the little things in life that he has really grown to love on the island. One of them being Claire. I think that he had every right to be rude towards Claire. If he were to help her with the birds then he would have died and then she would have been angry at him for dying. It seems that the way they write Claire, Charlie can never win. But I do think that Charlie should have been the one to tell her about the visions. I think it would have had a bigger impact on Claire if it came from Charlie and not Des. I think that if she were to see how scared he really was about the whole ting that maybe she would have fought harder to save him. Anyway sorry to bring this all up again I just really needed to vent, my sister made me watch the S3 finale last night so I’m a little upset.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I started reading the other page but really had to stop. I hate character bashing most of all when it's my favourite character.

*raises hand* Agreed! I don't even go out of my way to bash the characters I really hate (like Jack or Locke) because I'm always afraid of offending someone. Anywayz, I just wanted to say I can understand why people don't like him, but I still love him and I don't want to argue about it. Everyone has their own opinion - I've got mine and you've got yours.

Back to Par Avion, I liked this episode fairly well, but I'm unsure how much I like Desmond after it. I'm glad he saved Charlie's life again and got Claire her birdie, but I dunno, I still don't know if I like him very much.

Finally we get a Claire flashback!! *squee* I hated Maternity Leave so this was a major relief to have interesting Claire flashbacks (without Ethan, too, that's a huge plus). I already knew Jack and Claire were brother and sister but it was pretty neat how they set everything up.

I couldn't believe it when she said she didn't want to know his name. I was like, "AAGH!" The writers are trying to kill us with the anticipation of Claire and Jack finding out their relation. Jack's an uncle and he doesn't even know it.

I loved the voiceoever at the end, when Charlie was reading the letter. I thought it was really nice. (I agree that Sawyer didn't need to be in this ep...it would have been fine without him. Surprisingly enough I might be getting a little sick of Sawyer at the moment). I can't wait to watch the next ep and find out Locke's story!

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: