Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x06 - I Do Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I just finished watching this ep and I came up with a weird theory. Excuse me if this has already been said.

We know that the Others are taking kids and it appears that Ben may have "adopted" Alex. So could it be that all the others are sterile?

The idea was sparked by another show I have been watching and I just wanted to throw the theory out there, if this hasn't already been thrown out there.

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey by the way, I didnt really think about it until yesterday- while didnt Carl know they were on a separate island?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
harpreetd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right, Carl didn't seem like he knew about the separate island... This could be very interesting. But now you added upon me another burden on which I must think about before we get any answers from LOST!

Perhaps the Others don't get to the separate island by boat, but through a secret underwater passageway that connects the two.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL does that mean Alex does not know either, and if not, why not?

IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even going to attempt to answer that.

Where do you think 'Home' is? Maybe its where we started out in 3x01? But then, why did we only see adults and no kids? Maybe they have a seperate 'home' for them Creep-tacular.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These "others" are the same ones who dont wear shoes, right?

IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so... They were dressed like that in the S2 finale..

PrincessSparkle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just something I thought of the other day...if the others don't have another boat (apart from the one they gave Michael) how did they get Sawyer and Co. to the "alcatraz" island?
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its an underground/underwater tunnel.

PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessSparkle wrote:
Just something I thought of the other day...if the others don't have another boat (apart from the one they gave Michael) how did they get Sawyer and Co. to the "alcatraz" island?

I thought the SAME thing. That's why it seemed very fishy to me.

Quote:
Maybe its an underground/underwater tunnel.

Lol, Ruth. That idea came up in my head once and I started imagining Benry and Co. that's a elevator down to the bottom of the ocean where there was a tunnel that led them to Island #2.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I can just imagine, and unconcious Jack, Sawyer and Kate in a stuffy elevator, with Ben and co. listening to 50's elevator music

Then Tom farts LOL I'm such a kid.

harpreetd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.. that's alright. Humor is never bad, and I still thought it was funny.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I saw this but haven't had time to post at LVI until now . This episode impressed me. That sounds like a strange statement with the attitude with previous eps and such, but nonetheless...

When Pickett was taking Sawyer out and holding the gun against his head, and Sawyer bravely kept his head high to defend Kate - that was one of the most heroic, magical moments I've seen on this show. I was honestly trully afraid that Sawyer was going to die there (in my defense, I don't read spoilers much) just because it was.... the perfect, most heroic death Sawyer could have possibly had. I mean, when you see your fav character, and you expect that they're probably gonna die at some point in this show (for instance, I know Locke will) the most you can hope for is that they really go out with a bang. What Sawyer was ready to do there... wow, freaking poetic. I didn't know the writers had that much skill lol. It trully impressed me, and gave me hope that one day when they do kill off a main, main character, they'll get the treatment they deserve...
This Jack/Kate/Sawyer prisoners thing has by-far been the best I've seen out of any of them, and I've been totally buying it the entire time, even the (supposedly...) uncharacteristicly-strong Skate relationship. This ep's Skate was just beautiful. Sawyer is just too true a guy. If this is out of character, I don't want the real characters .
And before the Jaters leap on me (lol those ship wars are just so cute ) let me get on my "Jack is great" paragraph:
Sawyer isn't the only hero. Sawyer made things clear that he really does love Kate, and put his life on the line to protect her, but he certainly wasn't the only one. Jack just gave up his chance to get off the island, and possibly even his life, in order to give Kate a chance to escape. And he did it all in one big "take that" to the Others . That was freaking masterful, and still done in the same boneheaded Jack way , marvelous! That Jack is just a big freaking hero, putting himself on the line for Kate, even after the Skex. That was a big freaking Jate step.
In my book, as far as the shipper war goes... this ep is actually close to a tie. The Skate may have been overwhelming, touching, and just about the best it could be, but factor in Jate's handicapp of Jack and Kate being the "main" characters with what Jack did here, and that too is one huge step. It means for the first freaking time, Jack is actually trying. And I said it before, but I'll say it again - Jate hadn't really started yet. Jack's been a wussy little whiner for far too long to start anything, but as soon as he does, and it looks like he may be now, there won't be anything stopping that Jate mobile unless some writer out there has a brain in their head and realizes how ironic and cool it would be for the girl to end up with the "bad guy turned good" in the end instead fo the Mr. Hero.
Oh wait, they did that on Buffy
There's still hope Skaters lol.

Anyway, I was in awe of what enfolded here in this ep. Not so much the writing - there were enough deus-ex-machinas and lameish flashback moments for them to lose the credit, but for the ACTING Some of those scenes were just.... magic. I love it.

That's all talking about the Jack/Kate/ Sawyer stuff, of course, when Jack and Sawyer get to be self-sacrificing heroes, and Kate gets to sit in the middle and cry. The LOCKE stuff however... ug, why bother showing it when it's so obvious about 5 minutes of that story was cut out? I'm sure if it was all there, there might be some point, and we might have some sort of closure with Eko, but there wasn't. It was, quite simply, a waste. I am at least glad Locke will try to find out more about the monster (and everythign for that matter... it really seems like Locke is on a misson to figure things out now. Wow, he's like a hero to all the Enchiritos of the world! And rightly so . I'll tell you, Jack never did any of that when he was in charge .
That said... I think I may have to demote Locke, at least until he shapes up his act and shows some meaningful character development that doesn't take him backwards. Once the writers are done using him as their vassal, I'm sure he'll be just fine. Until that point, my new official favourite character is Sawyer, with Jack coming in second . But don't think I'm just changing my mind arbitrarilly. Sawyer and Jack have never been this good. They've earned it

I hope that was all I meant to say it felt very disjointed when I wrote it... oh well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

When Pickett was taking Sawyer out and holding the gun against his head, and Sawyer bravely kept his head high to defend Kate - that was one of the most heroic, magical moments I've seen on this show. I was honestly trully afraid that Sawyer was going to die there (in my defense, I don't read spoilers much) just because it was.... the perfect, most heroic death Sawyer could have possibly had. I mean, when you see your fav character, and you expect that they're probably gonna die at some point in this show (for instance, I know Locke will) the most you can hope for is that they really go out with a bang. What Sawyer was ready to do there... wow, freaking poetic. I didn't know the writers had that much skill lol. It trully impressed me, and gave me hope that one day when they do kill off a main, main character, they'll get the treatment they deserve...

That's funny, I totally didn't get that from that scene. Maybe cause I agreed with Kate that he should have stood up to get that "head held high" hero thing going. On his knees is the more yielding to defeat but in this case yielding to save someone. I'm not saying all deaths on knees are bad, Boromir's Last Stand is the best freakin' death in the world (to be fair he died on his back but he was on his knees!)

Not poetic...cliche Girl with gun to the head, willing self sacrifice...not too mention we already had a scene like this but instead Juliet held a gun to her and Sawyer was only shocked. Same stuff, different people, but Pickett was really going to kill him.

In fact I thought Sawyer was giving up (the whole point of his episode was to kill his hope by the way), seeing how he was acting in the beginning. So to me the kneeling sacrifice was both to help Kate and was a result of his lost hope.

Quote:
"Jack is great" paragraph:
Sawyer isn't the only hero. Sawyer made things clear that he really does love Kate, and put his life on the line to protect her, but he certainly wasn't the only one. Jack just gave up his chance to get off the island, and possibly even his life, in order to give Kate a chance to escape. And he did it all in one big "take that" to the Others . That was freaking masterful, and still done in the same boneheaded Jack way , marvelous! That Jack is just a big freaking hero, putting himself on the line for Kate, even after the Skex.

True, but I bet who wouldn't have thought of it if Kate didn't tell him that they would kill Sawyer.

Quote:
Until that point, my new official favourite character is Sawyer, with Jack coming in second . But don't think I'm just changing my mind arbitrarilly. Sawyer and Jack have never been this good. They've earned it

Here here!! Though mine has always been Jack first Sawyer second I can't believe you are actually saying they should "demote" Locke *Gasp* It's an end of an era. Though all that has me hooked so far are the "Big Three", I'm dreading the other peeps on the other island because I know Nikki and Paulo will some how be spammed in.

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: