Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr. Who on Sci-Fi Channel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd read that

Spoiler:

Martha isn't gunna be jealous cause it's strictly professional between her and The Doctor now she has a boyfriend and works for UNIT and stuf, but I don't believe that! When she meets the person she envied for so long, theres gotta be some jelousy!

Rose was mentioned in the second episode, during like the prophecy fight between the girl and the man, the girl said,
"She's coming back".

It could've been refrencing many people but I guessed it was Rose as she is supposed to the the "story arc"
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday's episode was perfect!
I love the Ood and the episode really captured the saddness and I loved the echos of the hollocast, making it seem all the more bittersweet.
Got to say, even I loved Catherine Tate's performance when she heard the Ood's song.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I loved that episode I thought it was great
I felt sorry for the ood's though in that episode.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching it! Aw, poor Ood! I'd hate to have to walk around with my MP3 player in my hand all the time, can you imagine walking around with your brain in your hands??? "Dude, you made me drop my brain!" "Well, keep your brain out of my way next time!"

And oooo, what do you think was up with the Ood telling the Doctor that his song was going to end soon? *cue "Doomsday" music*
Spoiler:

Obviously that's another reference to Rose but what's the deal with the song going to end? That sounds a little too ominous for my Doctor/Rose shippy heart!

I'm interested to see what Martha's going to think of Donna!

Martha: "Doctor, don't you EVER pick a guy for your companion?"
Jack: *waving hands frantically* "Pick me! Pick me!"

I'm loving this season! As much as I loooooove Rose and liked Martha, I really dig Donna because she reacts a little more like a "normal" person, IMO. I would've TOTALLY have been all "Okay, take me home now!" when she was, too!
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ood's song was a song of captivity and saddness.
If the Doctors was the same I guess it's another return of Rose reference.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I finally managed to catch up with S4... took me long enough, but here I am at last.

Some general thoughts on the season so far:
- the episodes were ok, but not brilliant. I hope they'll get better soon though
- I love Donna!!! (I only wish she'd talk less sometimes.... ). She and Ten, they have a fantastic chemistry. I love how they are always bickering and fighting and how, through it all, Donna seems to be a bit like the Doctor's "good conscience".
- I really, really hope that the writers won't make the mistake of turning their relationship into a romantic one, even it's only one-sided. They are a perfect team the way they are right now and I so don't want another Martha-like drama on the show. Don't get me wrong, I like Martha... but only when she's on her own. In S3, she was a great character when the Doctor *wasn't* around, but once he showed up she became a bit like an insecure, little girl and that was annoying. I had the greatest respect for her though when she decided to leave the Doctor and to get back to her real life. It was a good decision and it's good for her that she ended up with that extremely hot guy (Milligan???) from S3.
- In spite of it all.... I want Rose back!!! Gosh, just bring her back, you big bullies!!! I'm a hopeless Rose, Rose/Nine, Rose/Ten fangirl and I want her back!!!

Here are some spoilers for the end of S4 that I just came across on the internet....

...... official spoiler warning.....

... you've been warned, so don't complain.....

Spoiler:

I've read read it on lots of websites that David Tennant will be leaving the show after the Season Four Specials.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

There are two often-mentioned candidates who could take over the role: Robert Carlisle and James Nesbitt

If the rumours are true (I don't want David to leave!!!! ), I really hope that Nesbitt will be the next Doctor because I don't like Carlisle much. Also, Nesbitt is more like the previous two Doctors than Carlisle, so he'd be the better option, imo.

Still.... David, please don't go!!! It's bad enough that Chris left the show after only one seaosn, but they just can't take David away as well...

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Donna this week. I loved the part when Donna said she was gonna leave and then the Doctor began to do a speech lol.

Hmm Karolina

Spoiler:

Yeah I knew he was leaving, I've known for a while it was in the paper's over here sometime last year.

But I've read that John Simm will be playing the new doctor the guy who played the master

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lol* Donna kicks a**!!! I love those little moments when Ten and Donna are winding each other up

As for the rumours....

Spoiler:

... John Simm???? Really????? Geez, how are they gonna explain *that* on the show???
Not that I'd mind, but he's the Master... so how could he be the Doctor all of a sudden? Doesn't make any sense to me, unless he gets to "possess" Ten's body or something stupid like that.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah lol.
I haven't read anything since though, they've been keeping it a mystery
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, I just knew it!

Spoiler:

Ever since Catherine Tate let something slip about David (we're on a first name basis now... ) leaving after this season's specials, then he turned around and tried to say, "Oh no, I don't know where she's getting that from, yada yada yada" that this was going to be his last year! I mean, I guess it's not "official" official but I'd say that with these many rumors and such swirling around, that it's got a very high chance of being true now.

Nooooo, Ten can't leave now that I'm just really falling in fangirl love with him! *clings to his ankle*

Uh-oh, Nine is pouting over in the corner now... He is REALLY not down with my newfound Ten!love, I've got to say... *pets him* But Nine, you'll always be numero uno to me!

Not really a spoiler per se but a couple of things I'm guessing about the end of s4...

Spoiler:

Since they first told us that Billie was going to be filming something new as Rose, they said she would be in the s4 specials, right? Which made unexpected!Rose at the end of 4x01 even better! Now I'm wondering if someway, some how in those s4 specials, they're going to try to find someway to let Ten have a "happy ending" with Rose. Granted, Ten can't exactly walk away and have Eleven pop up out of thin air, lol! But I'm wondering if they're going to pull some timey-wimey thing that makes it possible for Ten and Eleven to somehow "separate" so that Ten and Rose can be together again and have a happy ending together.

Although, I would also love a surprise guest-starring by Christopher Eccleston as an alternate version of Nine and to see Rose get a happily ever after with him! I know that's very unlikely but hey, a fangirl can dream, right?

I'm so happy you're all caught up, Karolina! *happy dances* I'm with you, I love Donna's "non-shippy" relationship with the Doctor. He really needs a companion who's truly his friend, not another potential romance. I hope they stick to it!

I think this year is going to have a different feel in that way than s3 did, where it was just the Doctor and Martha with a lot more time for her to kinda dwell on her feelings for him. Especially since (s4 ending spoilers)

Spoiler:

they're going to bring back Jack as well *squee!* and there's going to be some sort of storyline about the Doctor's former companions coming together to help save him in some way. Rose, Jack, Martha and Donna, all working together? Woooooo! And I'm really hoping that Rose and Martha's meeting will be on par with Martha and Donna meeting, (and even Rose and Sarah Jane) at first kinda awkward, then they bond. *thumbs up*

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais, you know that I'm totally with you on the Nine vs. Ten matter.
Nine is still my number one, but Ten has grown on me so, so much!!! I think it must've been the last episode of S2... when he had to say Goodbye to Rose... that melted my fangirl heart away. OMG, the drama and tragedy of it!! And he even didn't get the chance to tell her that he loves her, too.

Quote:
Not really a spoiler per se but a couple of things I'm guessing about the end of s4...

Spoiler:

Since they first told us that Billie was going to be filming something new as Rose, they said she would be in the s4 specials, right? Which made unexpected!Rose at the end of 4x01 even better! Now I'm wondering if someway, some how in those s4 specials, they're going to try to find someway to let Ten have a "happy ending" with Rose. Granted, Ten can't exactly walk away and have Eleven pop up out of thin air, lol! But I'm wondering if they're going to pull some timey-wimey thing that makes it possible for Ten and Eleven to somehow "separate" so that Ten and Rose can be together again and have a happy ending together.

Although, I would also love a surprise guest-starring by Christopher Eccleston as an alternate version of Nine and to see Rose get a happily ever after with him! I know that's very unlikely but hey, a fangirl can dream, right?

Spoiler:

I'd be happy either way as long as Rose gets a happy end with one of them. I doubt that Chris will be back on the show (ZOMG!!! That would be fantastic!!!) but I'd be just as fine with a happy ending between Ten & Rose. Gosh, I just hope they won't let him die/change in her arms... that would break my heart!!!

Quote:
I'm so happy you're all caught up, Karolina! *happy dances* I'm with you, I love Donna's "non-shippy" relationship with the Doctor. He really needs a companion who's truly his friend, not another potential romance. I hope they stick to it!

Yeah, they'd better... Boy & girl relationships don't always have to be about love (... or sex... or both... ), so why do the writers always mess this up on TV shows, huh? I don't understand it *sigh* So yeah, I'll keep my fingers crossed for Donna and Ten staying "just mates".

Quote:
I think this year is going to have a different feel in that way than s3 did, where it was just the Doctor and Martha with a lot more time for her to kinda dwell on her feelings for him. Especially since (s4 ending spoilers)

Spoiler:

they're going to bring back Jack as well *squee!* and there's going to be some sort of storyline about the Doctor's former companions coming together to help save him in some way. Rose, Jack, Martha and Donna, all working together? Woooooo! And I'm really hoping that Rose and Martha's meeting will be on par with Martha and Donna meeting, (and even Rose and Sarah Jane) at first kinda awkward, then they bond. *thumbs up*

I'm even more curious about

Spoiler:

Jack and Rose meeting again!!! After what she, unknowingly, "did to him", this will be so interesting to watch.
I hope they'll bring Jackie and Mickey back again as well, at least for one tiny episode. *hearts Mickey & Jackie*

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna and Ten were so great this week. I so love their chemistry and isn't it great how the Doctor completely and totally trusts her?

And *lol* at the moment with the Doctor wearing the mask and saying "Are you my Mommy?"

Ok, I'm a complete obsessed Rose/Doctor fangirl and... d'uh, it's kinda pathetic... but I'm happy about every little piece I get to see of her these days and I squeed with joy when she was shown on the screen for a sec. She is looking for him and she so will find him!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone still watching S4 with me? Any opinions on the last episodes and especially on

Spoiler:

the Doctor's daughter??

Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves hand frantically* I am, I'm still here! I just keep forgetting to post here! *smacks forehead* So sorry, hon!

The moment last week with the gas mask and the "Are you my mummy?" just about made me fall out of my chair laughing! And in surprise, too, because so often a show won't ever reference itself from an earlier season.

From this week, did you notice (I'll spoiler it in case somebody hasn't seen 4.06 yet )
Spoiler:

the cut on the Doctor's hand looked a lot like the ones everyone had in "The Empty Child?" What in the world could THAT mean???

About the episode itself:
Spoiler:

I was surprised that I actually did like Jenny! I thought she'd probably be some huge, annoying Mary-Sue-ish character that would show up claiming to be the Doctor's daughter and then the whole ep would be about him accepting her, then finding out at the end that she really wasn't his daughter or something like that. So I was happy how the whole "daughter" thing was addressed right away like that!

David Tennant really blew me away with his acting in this one, as well. His expressions when he realized Jenny has two hearts and so, really IS his daughter, another Time Lord like himself (did you notice how they side-stepped what you call a female Time Lord? Fans used to call Romana from the Original Who series a Time Lady but I tend to prefer Time Lord whether they're male or female, but that's just me. Since it's the name of their race, I wouldn't think it should be gender specific. ). Then later that scene when Jenny died...

Well, I figured by that point that she would get killed, then would probably regenerate after Ten, Donna and Martha left. But still DT did a fabulous job with those scenes, how he seemed so enraged and unhinged holding that gun to the guy's head! I just absolutely wanted to *hug* him by the time this ep was done!

I also loved that scene between him and Donna when she called him on the fact that he talks and talks but never actually says anything and he said, "I know."

Donna was fantastic again this week, IMO! I loved how she was the one to figure out what those numbers meant and it was the key to figuring out the whole mystery! And I loved how she accepted Jenny without hesitation and really pushed the Doctor into confronting the reasons why he was afraid to do the same thing.

Though now I'm completely scared for her since she made the statement about wanting to travel with the Doctor for forever... Noooooo, Donna! Don't say that! Look what happened to Rose after she said that!!!

I'm REALLY enjoying this season and am looking forward to all of the stuff we know that's supposed to be coming
Spoiler:

especially Rose and Jack meeting up again! I hadn't even thought that far ahead to realize how cool that would be to see them together again! I hope they at least have something about them talking about how Rose made him immortal, either her finding out about it or, if she already now knows, then them talking about in it SOME way. I hope it doesn't get lost in all the shuffle of whatever else is going on, you know?

rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm kinda late on the spoiler discussion, but...

Spoiler:

I've seen the pictures and filiming reports of the Christmas episode. It's still David Tennant (and will be for all of next years specials). He doesn't have any one compainion, instead picking one up of a one off each time (like Astrid.)

I didn't particularly like the Doctors Daughter. Great acting! Great idea but the script was so bad in parts that it ended up like a cringe fest in parts.

Next week looks kinda funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: