Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5x16/5x17 - The Incident
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I like that theory too! Sam and I were actually thinking the same thing about the guy at the beginning.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And... my own theory....

Before Jacob 'died' he said, "They're coming."

The FLASH at the end of the episode... future flash!????

And by "They're coming" he means EVERYONE! Yay!!!!

Perhaps? Idk.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i was thinking that future flash thing too! But I hadn't thought of that "they're coming" thing! Ooh, maybe it is... but they're still in the 70's, so maybe it was one last flash and it moved them ahead like 25 years? That's crazy.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you wanna get biblical, i have a theory about Jacob and the guy at the start. Book of Genesis, to be exact. And funnily enough I only know this because "Joseph and the Amazing Techincoloured Dreamcoat" is my favourite musical of all time; its based on a bible story about Joseph, one of Jacob's sons. But anyway, this is about Jacob

Jacob had a twin brother, Esau. When their mother we pregnant, she received a prophecy that her pregnancy was so rough because her babies were fighting each other inside of her and would continue to fight once they were born through all of their lives. The prophecy also said that the older would serve the younger and "when one fell, the other would rise" and vice versa. Jacob was favoured by his mother, and Esau his father. Jacob was considered the 'lighter/gentler' brother and Esau the 'darker/rougher' brother.

and, one of Jacob's many wives, Rachel, delivered his twelfth son by the name of Benjamin Jacob and Rachel also had a son, Joseph (the one the musical was centred around )

Jourdan, i noticed Jacob touched all the losties too, and with Locke especially it seemed like he brought him back to life. And in the biblical story, when Jacob felt his death was near, he blessed each of his 12 sons with varying blessings he deemed appropriate. And Jacob eventually died at the ripe old age of 147 ;] So maybe Jacob touching the losties was blessing them? Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Claire, Walt, Sun, Jin, Sayid, Locke, Hurley, Rose and Bernard maybe? 12 still living losties from the plane?

So the gray haired guy may have been Esau, but I've also heard talk people think it was Moses who, as we know thanks to Mr Eko, is the brother of Aaron in the bible. And Aaron is also the great grandson of Jacob. I think it's great grandson, might be great, great...but he is a descendant of Jacob ;P

and so ends pretty much all i know about the bible

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, Kat! I had always thought about the 'Benjamin is the son of Jacob' biblical reference, but it all comes together with the added Esau theory! I love it! When you spell it all out like that, it all becomes really super interesting.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, its so funny when you research one area of it, like Jacob, how many other Lostie names pop up like Aaron and Rachel, and Sarah popped up too ;P

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's all the same general family! It has to mean something.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing, back to the musical it's based on a bible story, like I said, and Joseph, who is Jacob's favourite son apparently, has prophetic dreams, hence the song 'any dream will do' another lostie tie-in ;P

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, can actually post my thoughts about the ep now

They should have not ended it with a white flash I went bloody crazy lol.

Rose and Bernard's appearance was great. I love Bernard hair how cool! Yay for Vincent as well!

I knew as soon as we saw Jacob it was him, and the whole stuff with him I found very interesting. Locke OMG! I wasn't expecting him to be in the box thing lol.

When Sun found the ring I went crazy I was like yes!!!! =D Really happy that it was finally found

Finally Sawyer and Jack beat the shizzy poo out of each other, been waiting so long for that

I loved Sun and Jin's wedding scene I found that so cute, and I'm pissed that we didn't get the reuinion between them as we were told it was a while coming but for some reason feel as that was the scene they meant

Sayid MUST live! End of

I love also seeing how Marvin's hand got trapped leading to the fake one, thought that was quite cool

I cried at the Juliet stuff, but you know me will never like Suliet but it was kinda a touching scene but I'm still rooting for skate tehe

I said to my mom as she was watching the last 10 mins with me, as if she could survive falling all the way down there lol.

I cannot wait now til 2010
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i've tried my best to not read any thing here as I am watching the season finale tonight! but at least could someone tell me if there is a Jun reunion? Yes or no? No other spoilers please! THANKS

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cagedfreedom wrote:
lol i've tried my best to not read any thing here as I am watching the season finale tonight! but at least could someone tell me if there is a Jun reunion? Yes or no? No other spoilers please! THANKS

No, there's not.

I'd go into it further but I know exactly the feeling you have so I'll leave it at that; I'm sure you're annoyed, like I was!!!

wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat i think your 100 percent dead on! Im really interested to see where this goes. I think The guy in the beginning as well as notlocke, christian, and every other apperation has been the work of smokey. I also think the blast will send them back to the present as well.
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend did some reading and told me something that may make alot of people happy. I dunno how they know this so early on, so I sort of doubt it...but if it is correct, then there's alot to look forward to. If you haven't seen the finale, don't read it....and if you don't want to be sorta spoiled (it just depends on what you think, IMO it's too early to know that sorta thing.

Spoiler:

Might be DarkUFO that had this information, I haven't checked, but my friend told me that the only death was Locke's

Take it as you will...I'm taking it as a grain of salt for now. It may be right, it may end up being flat out wrong.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....I haven't read that on Dark :S

But I know they said Dan was dead
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably ask where she read it. That was why I had some slight doubts...it's more than likely that Dan is dead, and the way his mother reacts in the future pretty much reassures that.

Other people, perhaps not, that's why I'm taking it lightly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: