Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Census
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. your screen name Ally
2. your post count: 51
3. your connection to the internet Aon and Chello both wireless
4. how active you'd say you are on the site: I'm trying to be activ, LVI i always running in he backgroung
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site: I'm up to, I think I watched about 50 vids by now, but I'm working on watching them all
6. Did you get Bittorrent working? (if no, then what's your reason?) No and yes, I don't need it, my boyfriend got it
7- how many vids made by you are on the site erm, I sent in one, and I hope that it will find it's way on the side
8. how would you rate the organization of the site? Great ^^

EDIT

6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?) yes!
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble? no, i like them ^^
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better? load up my video ;D just kidding
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? very nice ^^

Last edited by Ally on Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, need to change these questions around a bit for LVI 4.0. don't bother resending in your entry if you already entered before this, but anyone new can at least use these questions:

1. your screen name
2. your post count
3. your connection to the internet
4. how active you'd say you are on the site
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?)
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals?
8. how would you rate the organization of the site?
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble?
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better?
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'll go first Warden.

1. your screen name:Lostzilla
2. your post count: 1100 something
3. your connection to the internet:DSL
4. how active you'd say you are on the site: Very
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site: Most
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?): Yes and No.... depends on what day you ask
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals?:4 or 5 not sure
8. how would you rate the organization of the site?: 10
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble?: Definitely
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better?: Well LC just come up with the DVD thing so it's been handled.
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? Most of them are nice except those who voted me to die!

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Harry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate wrote:
Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? Most of them are nice except those who voted me to die!

OMFG!!!! Just let it go! Gees! LMAO.....Its a story! Just a story!!!! LMAO....
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Census Reply with quote

ChicaFrom3 wrote:
3. Dial-up for the moment

Change this to DSL, as I upgraded about a month ago and forgot to come back in here and let y'all know...

sig by niki blue
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. your screen name MovieGuy
2. your post count 387 including this post
3. your connection to the internet DSL
4. how active you'd say you are on the site I'm on several times a day
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site Many
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?) Yes and no. Haven't been able to upload any vids for several days now.
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals? 2 so far
8. how would you rate the organization of the site? Nice
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble? Sometimes
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better? No
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? Nice, except for cheaters (Harry).

Oh, and it isn't just a story, I'll be sending people to an island and whoever wins the weekly poll will be killed.
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to do this again cuz im bored:

1. your screen name ebizmybef74
2. your post count 280
3. your connection to the internet i can't remember ummmm DSL?
4. how active you'd say you are on the site Now that it's summer, I'm on several times a day
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site most of the videos
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?) most of the time
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals? 1, but I've kind of only sent in one......
8. how would you rate the organization of the site? very nicely put together
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble? I don't really use it when deciding. I just chose.
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better? none
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? Well, besides the poll cheaters, yes the atmosphere is really awesome here

Banner: Shinythings
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you said don't post again, if you've already done so... but I got nothing else better to do at the moment

1. your screen name - fallen_angel
2. your post count - 213
3. your connection to the internet - broadband (DSL)
4. how active you'd say you are on the site - Every evening
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site - pretty much all i'd say
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?) - yes
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals? - 6 *feels proud*
8. how would you rate the organization of the site? - very well organised
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble? - yes and no, it makes people feel special when they get a little gold circle next to there vid so i like it.
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better? - couldn't get any better i'd say
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? - not at all harsh, very friendly
blind.filmmaker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. your screen name - - - blind.filmmaker
2. your post count - - - 38, I think
3. your connection to the internet - - - DSL
4. how active you'd say you are on the site - - - Fairly active, as a self-proclaimed critic.
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site - - - Some, but I'm working on all.
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?) - - - Yes.
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals? - - - None, I don't make vids.
8. how would you rate the organization of the site? - - - Extremely well-organized.
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble? - - - I watch all the vids through the forum, so I never see if they have seals or not; I don't want my judgment to be clouded.
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better? - - - No suggestions.
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? - - - For the most part, it's very nice. It feels a bit clique-ish at times, so I have to work to be a part of the clique.

___blind.filmmaker
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the most part, it's very nice. It feels a bit clique-ish at times, so I have to work to be a part of the clique.

Umm.. just go to the spam thread. LOL

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blind.filmmaker wrote:

9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble? - - - I watch all the vids through the forum, so I never see if they have seals or not; I don't want my judgment to be clouded.

11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? - - - For the most part, it's very nice. It feels a bit clique-ish at times, so I have to work to be a part of the clique.

___blind.filmmaker

so you think you wouldn't think " that's a crappy video" if there is a council's pick on it Oo?

and yes, like Nate said, the cliue is to find in the spam thread
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

so you think you wouldn't think " that's a crappy video" if there is a council's pick on it Oo?

no wonder you're so obsessed with those... It's not like that. It's a reward for the best videos on the site, judged by us. I'm sure many people could tell you that they like some videos without council pick seals more than those with them. It's mostly a matter of opinion. We just try to pick out those that have an original concept or very well-done mechanics and reward that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

no wonder you're so obsessed with those... It's not like that. It's a reward for the best videos on the site, judged by us. I'm sure many people could tell you that they like some videos without council pick seals more than those with them. It's mostly a matter of opinion. We just try to pick out those that have an original concept or very well-done mechanics and reward that.

hey i just sad that!
becuase he said that he don't want the CP to affect him and I asked if he would think a crappy video better,because there is a CP on it!
Although I'm obsessed by getting my vids a CP I don't always like the CPs
It's not like HUH Cp so it IS good, it*s like " oh CP, seems like some people liked it" but if I don't like it I tell it
and I often told that I don't like things, I*m the one with the " I'm giving you x out of 5 points" and I also gave only 3 points to a CP because I thought that some things sucked
TK the Tenacious
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. your screen name - - - TK the Tenacious
2. your post count - - - 25?
3. your connection to the internet - - - DSL
4. how active you'd say you are on the site - - - Check it daily.
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site - - - some. I spend more time making then watching.
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?) - - - Yes.
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals? - - - One. And I'm very proud of it!
8. how would you rate the organization of the site? - - - Very very well organized.
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble? - - - I like them. It encourages vidders toward something. Do I use them when picking vids? Sometimes.
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better? - - - None that I can think of.
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? - - - Very nice.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Ive never really been in a clique, but I dont think Im in this one anyway!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: