Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YouTube and copyright infringment issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, right after I said Nickelback was bad about copyright stuff, but mine hadn't been touched... just got claimed this morning. UGH. I've had almost 10 taken down by now, I think. :/
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, so sorry they've gotten so many of yours, Sassy!

I just got this and it was news to me, lol! Spoilered so it won't stretch the page...

Spoiler:

I have to admit, it kinda made me laugh. They didn't remove or disable my vid, they just disabled the sound! So I have a mute vid now (unless of course, I want to just swap one of their "allowed" songs in under it. 'Cause you know, it's not like it would matter if my vid named "Bawitdaba" had a totally different song other than "Bawitdaba" right? ). Anybody else get this one yet?

Here are the options you get if you click "Resolve copyright issue" --

Quote:
A copyright owner has claimed it owns some or all of the audio content in your video Bawitdaba. The audio content identified in your video is Bawitdaba by Kid Rock. We regret to inform you that your video has been blocked from playback due to a music rights issue.

1.Replace Audio

Use AudioSwap to replace your video's audio with any track from our growing library of authorized music. YouTube will republish your video with the new audio track.

2. Mute Audio

You can mute the audio for this video. YouTube will republish your video with the audio permanently muted.

3. Dispute Claim

If you believe that this claim was made in error, or that you are otherwise authorized to use the content at issue, you can dispute this claim with the alleged copyright owner. You will be guided through a web-based form, and your dispute will be passed to them for review.

Please note that if you protest the claim made against your video, we will make your video available to the alleged copyright owner to view. This is necessary for them to review the dispute, and will happen regardless of the privacy settings you placed on your video. If your video is private and you are not willing to allow the them to view it, we unfortunately cannot accept your dispute. However, if your video is private, this will be clearly noted to them at the time of viewing your video and they are required to respect the privacy and confidentiality of your video.

Also, note that if the alleged copyright owner responds to your dispute by asserting their ownership, your video will be permanently removed from YouTube.

For more information on this process, please see the Video ID Disputes section in our Help Center.

4. Remove Video

You can delete this video from YouTube.

For now I'm just going to leave it because the way things keep changing on practically a day-by-day basis, who knows? Maybe one day this will get resolved and the music/tv/movie industries will stop trying to shoot down our vids with giant bazookas and see that we could be an asset to them: totally free advertising! *lives in hope* And maybe "Dr. Kid Rock" will get to sing again! ♥!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my vids that was blocked suddenly came back..it was weird! So maybe some more will come back one day!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had quite a few taken down/blocked also. It sucks. I had uploaded a Jate vid, and within minutes they blocked the audio so I had deleted it off Youtube and moved it to a different site.

The owners should be like, happy that they're gaining more fans by fan videos, ya know. But whatever. I'm bummed that this is happening because I've had 3 videos blocked and they were the most popular ones I had... I have more popular ones, but those were the most popular, and those videos have been on YT for 2-3 years, and now they're gone.

I hope they'll unblock those videos one day...

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grrr!! My you're still here ConMama vid was just disabled for the song :S:S:S:S it was 'Everything by Alanis Morissette' :S:S;S bastards!!! i guess it goes up on imeem or vimeo now but still; grrrrr!!!

edit - and now Choices, my kuliet trailer, has been removed cos of Black Balloon by the goo goo dolls

edit again - now two more have been disabled!!! they just take the audio out; its infuriating!!! 'Ride of your life' and 'have it all' were flagged that's 4 for the day so far. i just get one loaded into vimeo and another one is disabled :S:S:S

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard if you edit the audio in audacity and change the pitch slightly it may not be recognised when YT scans it?

Is it possible for someone to make a list of all the artists/singers that YT don't accept?
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the record companies Jemmz, not he bands. like that whole Warner Bro's thing? So maybe there's a list of warner bros bands/singers somewhere cos presumably they'd all be rejected by youtube :S

edit: i found one!

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/List-of-current-Warner-Bros.-Records-artists

Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh! None of my videos had been taken down yet until today. They blocked "The Day the Music Died." And I don't think I have a copy on my computer... Maybe I'll redo it one of these days.. I was thinking about doing that anyway. Stupid Youtube.

icon by becca
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, yucky Youtube.

Thanks for the link, Kat!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Leave Out All The Rest vid just got flagged :S i knew it would happen, actually thought it would be sooner cos of that Linkin park thing and the fact that vid has no credits but whatever :S:S:S vimeo with that one as well it would seem :S

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh sorry about that, Kat. They got hold of my old account and have been deleting/removing audio on that one so I've got a Vimeo account just in case they delete my "A Part Of History" vid. This sucks though!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far they've just been targeting my older wmm vids, so right now i'm not that upset. But i'm scared that once they find my account they're gonna start deleting like crazy.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean Morgan

No matter what happens, even if they delete my account, I'll just create a new one. If they decide to "ban my ISP", well..more power to them, but it's slightly tougher to do that nowadays, as some providers ISP tends to change everyday.

I think it's a mess. I think that a big group of fansites, be it LOST or whomever, need to pull together, contact YouTube and see if something can be arranged. Just one vidder going head to head against them wouldn't do much good, however, if you get a couple of large fansites, contact YouTube or even the record labels, then something may change down the road.

YouTube or the record companies won't change these things unless communication is made by the fansites. As stated before, we make ZERO profit off this.

Petitions, protests, etc. have changed LOADS of issues in regards to all sorts of things. The same action could have an effect on this issue.
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in case anyone wants it, there's this free program to get videos off youtube if you don't have a copy on your computer. I did that the other day in case more videos get blocked/deleted.

The program is called ATube Catcher http://www.freewarefiles.com/ATube-Catcher_program_34074.html

I manged to get all of my videos I didn't have on my computer by using that program.

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use zamzar to get vids off youtube ;P it works great

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: