Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x10 - Something Nice Back Home Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not offended,Deia...don't worry...

I just don't understand you guys....why do you think you know these characters better that team Darlton??!?You think that Jate in this particular episode was just a dream....well they showed us that they can be happy family ...Jack and Kate and they are peoplee like everyone else...they're kissing in the shower,or in the kitchen...they're not an idilyc coulpe...they have their issues and things but just see how how happy were they at the beggining...and don't fool yourself because that's deffinitely not the end of Jate....Jack has reach the bottom in TTLG...and i'm sure they'll be alright at the end of the series because that's the main couple of the show since the beginnig

I don't want to start shipper war so i'm gonna stop now...

P.S You skaters were happy last year just let us be happy now...
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG.

JATE OVERLOAD.

I need to come back when I can actually think straight, but I will say one thing:

Jack and Kate are sex maniacs.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the neutral end of the spectrum. I could happily see Kate with either Jack or Sawyer, I'm really a fan of all ships, and the Conmama is starting to grow on me. Sawyer just acted so protective this episode and it gave me a warm feeling in my tummy.

However, have to say I agree with Borislava on this. TPTB are still the ones that know these characters better than we do, and I didn't think of the Jack/Kate hookup as perfect, heaven, or anything digusting. It was about time they had their hookup so they can get all of it out of the way. Sure, it all happened in one episode, but I don't think of it as forced, and it's Jack and Kate, it doesn't have to have the same build up as Skate, that's what makes it different.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong here, but it's who you are and what kind of fan of the show you are. There are those that watch it for the characters (as TPTB has said, it's a character driven show, so expect drama and soap operas), and there are those who watch it for the slight sci-fi, mystery, mythology, etc.

But in anycase, everyone's different in their opinions about the show. I enjoyed it, but I still haven't decided if has caught my Jate attention. I'm not quite sure if Kate should be with Jack, Sawyer, or if she should live alone, an old maid, with a bunch of cats.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
OMFG.

Jack and Kate are sex maniacs.

Lmao Elle
july

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooangeliceviloo wrote:

I'm not quite sure if Kate should be with Jack, Sawyer, or if she should live alone, an old maid, with a bunch of cats.

Yeah well I don't think she'll do with a bunch of cats....but I don't think it's about war or anything...between shipper, or about those who are for the mystical adventure and those for the shipps...I think (and even the actors say it) because the season 4 is shorter than the others, and because, there are juste 2 seasons left, the writers have to deal with a lot of things, a lot of mystical things and a lot of pairings.. And that they rushed things for JATE....and I think that even if I was with a big smile on my face during the eppi (because I love Jate really I DO love them) iI have to agree with Deia definetly...
Borislava, I understand the happiness to see Jate together, but, it's lacking of big moments....don't you think? I mean it was like a normal couple and they are not a normal couple, does that make any sense? The writers rushed their story. So ok Jack change his mind but why? And what did he say to Kate when he came back after the trial? Don't you want to know.....The kiss in season 2 was so WWAAAOOUUU that this too quick "we are a couple with a kid" thing blew it all...
Gush....I realise i'm gonna have to write fan fiction about this missing moments now....God I don't have time for this!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe there will be an epi in which we'll find out why Jack didn't want to see Aaron and how come that these two got together...i really hope there will be such an episode...but in the mean time i'll enjoy all the Jateness in this epi

And Elle i deffinitely agree with you...
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. my. god. I am speechless. i cant believe how good that ep was!!

jate=fate; we always knew it. stuff their little fight at the end; they'll sort it out. at first i didnt think it sounded like kate or Juliet in the shower; i was so thrilled!!!

kates call as a favour to sawyer - i bet it has something to do with cassidy and clementine since Kate knows her.

sawyer is definately on the island; it looks like with claire as long as they dont kill her. i swear at the end when we heard aaron crying i though sawyer would find him lying next to her dead body. instead i got another glorious aaron/sawyer moment!!! and not the last since he'll have the baby next week too!

claire!!!! omg she is so gonna have a massive role next week! well, she better it certainly looks like they're utilizing her a lot more; she's not just deadweight.

didnt really care much for the on island stuff other than the conmama, obviously, and jin's little ultimatum to charlotte. it was all about Jate for me this week!! and claire!

loved hurley's lil piece as well; i was desperate for charlie to show up!!! i hope he makes another appearance this year at some point

EXCELLENT EP!!!!!!

GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just few things to 4x10
---
- Appendix is out
- Rosseau is dead ( )
- Charlotte speaks korean
- Jin knows it
- Dan likes Charlotte
- Charlotte knows it
- Claire went after her dad. Or should i say Jacob?

---
just btw i liked this epi wasnt so bad. I have to say that i got so damn nervous when i saw the first Claire-Sawyer-Miles scene. First i thought: Wasnt that the place where Rosseau and Karl got shot? Then: It is, omg omgomg. And then I thought like million other things like what if Rosseau's body wont be there, but Karl body will be unfortunately both bodies were there
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GriiFin wrote:
I have to say that i got so damn nervous when i saw the first Claire-Sawyer-Miles scene. First i thought: Wasnt that the place where Rosseau and Karl got shot?

omg, me too. then you heard the voices. but when you didnt see the bodies i thought maybe rousseau had survived and dragged karl away. but no; both dead

GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:

omg, me too. then you heard the voices. but when you didnt see the bodies i thought maybe rousseau had survived and dragged karl away. but no; both dead
exactly. I really wonder how they are going to explain Rosseau's past. And same with the ending. I thought that Sawyer is going to find Claire lying dead on the ground in the jungle, all bloody and beaten. Fortunately he did not
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright... you knew I had to say something. I think I might explode if I don't.

I have officially given up on these writers.

I haven't given up on the show... but I've given up liking all of it. Before this season I really could get past the extreme bias of the writers toward Jack/Jate, but now... I just can't do it anymore. Every time Jack is on screen I throw up a little in my mouth. Seriously. And I really don't enjoy it. IT BURNS MY THROAT! Anyway, I really just can't take it. So, I've just decided that I have to settle with not being satisfied with the show anymore. (And tasting my own vomit once a week.) In my opinion, the writers have totally ruined some really great relationships and characters. I know I'm not in charge of the show, and it's not mine to write... but I think the way Darlton has handled the love quadrangle has been downright cruel. Do I sound bitter? That's because I am. I don't want to come off sounding like a sore loser because my ship lost because
A.) We don't know that for sure
and
B.) I realize that it's only a television show.

However... I really loved Skate. Really. And that's not just a chemistry thing... I've always sided with the bad (or "worse") boy in love triangles of the past. Buffy and Spike. Wolverine and Jean Grey. This was no different. It always starts off as the typical "Oh he's hot and funny and the good boy is preppy and stuffy". But then it evolves into this compassion for the "bad boy" and this understanding of why he is the way he is and how he longs to be better for this special woman (whether that be Kate, Buffy, or Jean). I think the writers have really cheated Sawyer. He's a good character, nice and meaty, but they continue to focus all of their attention on JACK.
Ah Jack... I would say don't get me started... but I'm already here... so I might as well. I really hate him. I used to just not like him, but now... well, I already told you about the vomit. He's such a boring character. He's so incredibly whiny and annoying. I really hate how overbearing he is. And stubborn. I'm not saying Sawyer isn't stubborn, but at least he isn't as self-righteous as Jack. (Needless to say that I like Jack's father much better than Jack.) And the writers spend so much time on him!! I suppose that's because he's the "main" character, however I think that's kind of paradoxical for a supposedly "ensemble" show. If LOST were an ensemble, don't you think they'd spend more time on each character?

And I'm not even going to attempt to address the ways I think the writers have destroyed Kate's character. Holy crap.

Other things about the episode:
Jin is awesome and always has been. And he's gonna die soon. Yet another reason to hate the writers right now.
Cute ConMama stuff. I didn't like the "Big Brother" comment however, because it makes it seem so platonic, like it can't go anywhere.
Christian Shepard = AWESOME!!!!!!!!
French chick is DEFINITELY dead. ANOTHER reason to hate the writers.
Hurley isn't crazy. He knows more than Jack will ever be capable of knowing in his entire existence.
I feel so bad for Juliet. Her life sucks. HARD.
Future scenes made me throw up in my mouth. We've been over that. I did like the Skate favor though.

You know who I miss? Eko. He was a BAMF! And the writers killed him too... GOSH!!!!!!!

THE END!
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i'm the only person who thinks Kate's character hasnt been butchered as much as she was last season. Last season it was just WTF are you doing girl. And WHO the f*ck lol.

I dont understand why there is so much uproar =/

Though I do remember it being worse when she slept with Sawyer in Season 3.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always going to be major uproar when it's a major Jate/Skate eppy. Personally, I don't care either way anymore, and I enjoyed this ep for the on-island stuff with Claire, Sawyer, and Miles, and Dan, Charlotte, Sun, and Jin.

But I have to say I don't like future-Kate. I somewhat agree with what Sassy said, about acting tough, but really wanting a family and all that, but why can't she be a mom, and be tough?

icon by becca
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why when Charlie fans were going on and on about how disappointed we were with the show earlier this season, everyone got mad at us, saying that we were wrong and we should just get over it...
But now it's perfectly fine to rant on and on about how sucky the show is, and bash other characters, just because they're part of the "quadrangle".
I'm not trying to target anyone by saying this, it’s just frustrating. Obviously not everyone is a fan of every character. I just think that we should focus more on the eppys and less on how much we hate certain characters. Sorry, I just had to add my 2 cents.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
I don't understand why when Charlie fans were going on and on about how disappointed we were with the show earlier this season, everyone got mad at us, saying that we were wrong and we should just get over it...
But now it's perfectly fine to rant on and on about how sucky the show is, and bash other characters, just because they're part of the "quadrangle".
I'm not trying to target anyone by saying this, it’s just frustrating. Obviously not everyone is a fan of every character. I just think that we should focus more on the eppys and less on how much we hate certain characters. Sorry, I just had to add my 2 cents.

I never jumped on Charlie fans for being mad. It's your right to be mad. As it is mine to be mad.

I'm not a huge Charlie fan, but I see where you guys were coming from. So, yeah, I get what you're saying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: