Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"by your side" by cylune
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Elle!! You're always so nice to me.

Sheree wrote:
I got tears in my eyes watching it.
sweet!!!! Best compliment ever. (I'm so evil ). Thanks so much!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, what a touching song!

(And vid!)

I really liked the effects. The scenes you chose always matched up perfectly to convey the lyrics. I really loved it, though, that you chose to make this from Claire's P.O.V. since it seems that even the show itself is incredibly ambigious about how SHE feels about Charlie. Nice interpretation of their history on the show and Charlie means to Claire.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
I really loved it, though, that you chose to make this from Claire's P.O.V. since it seems that even the show itself is incredibly ambigious about how SHE feels about Charlie. Nice interpretation of their history on the show and Charlie means to Claire.
Thanks PC! You're right, we don't really know how Claire feels about Charlie. I hope she really likes him and she's going to show it somehow on the show. If she dumps him or takes an interest in someone else, I'm back at making anti-PB&J vids or Chana (Charlie/Ana) vids.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sweet!!!! Best compliment ever

Thanks! ... what got me all teary-eyed watching this was just a mixture of missing Charlie and Claire ... the song... and your brilliant storytelling. And it was wonderful to see Claire's point of view.

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was beautiful, Cinthia! The overlays were so well-done! And a slow song like that could bore me at times, but I wasn't bored at all during that vid! Great job!!!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I've been waiting for this one ever since you sent me that sneak peek. This song is so amazingly beautiful and so is your vid!

You know that I'm not a PB&J fan, but I'm a huge fan of your PB&J vids. They're always so emotional, so beautiful, so WOW!

Best part here: The piano being washed away to the lyrics "what did they take from you?". Very clever!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, cylune, that was gorgeous!! I usually don't like slow-song vids but that just took my breath away. It was really nice to see a C/C vid from Claire's POV cause usually it's all about Charlie and how hurt Claire feels. I think my fave parts were the splitscreens, they were really neat and pretty Congrats!

http://pumpkin-heart.livejournal.com/

Sophie, 16, Irish, finally got her hands on Sony Vegas and now has to figure out how to work it... trial and error
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheree - thanks again. The lack of screentime is making me very sad also. I hope it's going to change when the season starts again. I'm hopeful.

Heather - Thanks!! I'm very satisfied with how the overlays turned out. Sometimes I just put all bunch of clips together and hope for the best. I'm usually not that lucky.

Karolina - Thanks so much!! You've always been so supportive of my C/C vids even though you're not a fan! I'll do the same with your Daire vids.

KajaM wrote:
Best part here: The piano being washed away to the lyrics "what did they take from you?".
I knew what I was going to do with this part the minute I decided to use that song!! It's my favorite part and the piano is kind of a recurring theme in the whole vid. (well, I try for it to be!!)

pumpkin - Thanks!! I prefer vidding fast songs also!! That one was quite a challenge! There's not a lot of C/C vids from Claire POV so I really wanted to try one.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... my... GOD!

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Cylune, this is fantastic! Really, I´m absolutely in love with this video! I keep wacthing over and over again! I totally loved the song, and the effects, OMG, are so perfect, the images fading in to the background, just
You and Uruviel always keep the quality of the images and make the videos totally beautiful even on youtube. How did you rendering your videos? Im so tired of youtube screwed my videos...

All that I have to say is

My Lj
No Jack = No Lost
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, thanks Luka!! (Are those smilies from the 'lage? They look familiar! - I've been using smilies from the 'lage too lately!! )

Quote:
You and Uruviel always keep the quality of the images and make the videos totally beautiful even on youtube. How did you rendering your videos? Im so tired of youtube screwed my videos...
I used the default template for rendering... usually I would do a small version (the 512kbts template) and a big version but I had blinkie issues when rendering the small version so now I just don't bother. Here's the default template settings: Audio: 64 Kbps, 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo. Video: 29.970 fps, 720x480, Quality VBR 90, WMV V9 Compression.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's wonderful to marry mediums in this way - the music and the video bringing new depth to each other!

I'm happy to hear how much people are loving this vid - it's another amazing creation, Cylune - thanks!!

As Hobbes says, "Allison should be proud". And, I've no doubt she is!

I've been sick all year, so, I'm behind in my communications. You're quite right with all your links to Allison's songs, and, yes, she is on iTunes as well - with lots of songs available for purchase, as well as a big, free, podcast on iTunes

Happy New Year to all!!
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I just watched the vid again and the more I listen to the song the more I just love it..... I am going to have to check out more songs of Allison Crowe...thanks for posting the links for her music!

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU ADRIAN!!!!

Thank you so much for sending me Allison's CDs and for giving me the inspiration to do another Charlie/Claire video. It's quite an amazing song and the more I listen, the more I love it... I can never thank you enough.

Sheree - yay!!! Another Allison Crowe fan!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely beautiful.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squee! Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: