Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"You Dont Know Me" by Aislynn
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAH!!!!

Romantic Ben....

GAH!!!

Well, that was my first reaction because Romantic Ben is so... so... surreal.

But seriously, Ais, that was a really amazing little vid!! Loved all the effects you used, the timing, the beat use, the story... just everything!

Oh, and what was that last look they exchanged all about? Does he get the girl in the end? I WANT A SEQUEL!!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM: I can so totally see you going "Gah, Romantic Ben! GAH!!!!" Me and Savanna are slowly introducing the world to Ben "Ladies' Man" Linus... Anyway, thanks for checking this out and for your kind words! And I was especially glad that you found the ending a bit ambiguous... That was kinda what I was going for! *gasp* Has Juliet changed her mind? Or has she just found out about all of those cameras and she's come to give Ben the what-for? Sequel? Who knows? Stranger things have happened... *big squeezy hugs* Thanks again!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long-awaited Ben vidlette!!! LOVE IT!!!! The tv screen was AWESOME, the beat use PERFECT, and the part where all the screens "twinkled" was AMAZING!

And I have to say THANKS SO MUCH for the bright version of the vid! I miss out on lots of vid-coolness with my dark monitor.

Anyway, GREAT JOB as always!!!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was surprisingly effective. Excellent job as always Ais!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel: Thanks for all the wonderful comments! I'm also glad to hear that the brighter version worked for you! I don't have my old monitor anymore so I couldn't judge how bright to make it; I just had to "wing it." I was hoping that it would come out okay! I also decided not to go with a YouTube link for the bright version since the original came out kinda crummy. But at least Badongo gives a streaming or downloading option, so hopefully that still worked okay! Thanks again! *hugs*

SuperKC: Aw, I appreciate you saying that about the effectiveness! I'm always so glad to hear what you think about whatever latest crazy idea I've come up with. Thank you very kindly! *hug*
Redhead
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I love it when I see your name next to vid, Aislynn and this time was especially great since my new favourite character, the so-good-they-named-him-Ben(?) was featured in all his obsessive, vouyerstic yet somehow sympathetic glory...

I thought the style of the song and TV effect added a very cool retro charm. Wonderful
lors-x
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You genius! awesome!

avi[&&]banner by mee xD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I feel so sorry for Ben after this that was way too well-edited to just be AU there's definitely some of those "She's my Juliette!" there
That was awesome. Short, but chock-full with Aislynn creativity . I LOVED the whole glimmer-tv-screen-beat thingees, that was simply marvelous, and the whole idea of making it him watching on tape - awww, poor Ben.

YAAAM (Yet Another Amazing Aislynn Masterpiece)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redhead: You know, I feel the same way whenever I see your name next to a vid! I always know it's going to definitely be something to see! "So-good-they-named-him-Ben!" I love that! And I was hoping this would come across with a retro look! Thanks so much!

lors-x: *blushing* Thank you so much! You're just too sweet!

Hobbes: First off, how awesome is "YAAAM" for an abbreviation? *loves* But thank you even more for what it stands for, awwww... *more blushing* And if I got you to feel sorry for Ben, that's just a total bonus! Thanks so much for the kind words! *squeezy hug*
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Look at you and your badass vidding skills pimped out on Vega-HOLY crap. I LOVED the twinkle effect on the monitors, the monitor framing, the song, the pace, the tranistions, and effects. The biggest shocker is you managed to make Ben less creepy..or at least kind of fun creepy lol. Great job sweetie *muah

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, it's Laura! It's a review from Laura! *dances*

I'm so glad you had a chance to see something of my more recent vids, hon, since you were there back at the start of it all! Namely when I was trying to convince my old computer not to blow up while it was trying to render Angsty Jack (aka "Cry Me A River" )! I hope I've come a long way since then (not in a "wow, were you better back then" way, though )! [/end vidding hero worship tone]

Seriously, I really appreciate the kind words! *big squeezy hugs* Thanks so very much! So great to see you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: