Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x18 - "Dave" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I dont know what was with that last look- maybe she is a con also. You take enough therapy I guess you could impersonate a doctor. Maybe shes using him.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, that would be a serious bummer if that's the way it works out! I mean, c'mon, you don't break Hurley's heart! That's just, like, a given, right?

Okay, now as mad as I wanted to be because Sawyer got his butt handed to him for a SECOND time in two back-to-back eps... I gotta admit, I laughed SO hard during that scene. Using that tarp to hide most of the action -- except for poor Sawyer trying to crawl out only to get yanked back in -- was just hysterical, IMO! Although I DO confess to thinking, "Don't hit him in the face, Hurley! Not the face!!!!!"

Anyway, it looked mainly like it was just Sawyer's pride that got wounded when all was said and done...

I enjoyed the ep but I've revised my thinking on Fake Henry and whether or not he Pushed The Button in "Lockdown." At first I thought that he didn't but now I'm pretty sure that he did. He just wants to convince THEM not to do it (presumeably while he's getting the heck out of Dodge before the Hatch blows up or takes off or whatever it's gearing up to do! ).

Of course, every week I make up my mind about Fake Henry and then have to change it again the NEXT week, so who knows?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure That the "It's all in someone's mind" thing is one of those two theories that is absolutely 100% ruled out by the writers, along with Purgatory, and Jurrasic Park They've said numerous times it isn't going to be those. At least so I hear...
But I can totally imagine them hearing that often enough to just start getting pissed off whenever it's mentioned
I feel sorry for those guys. I have a feeling they hate us.

About the Hurley killed some people thing: HOW MANY FREAKING PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED BY THESE LOSTIES NOW?!?!?!? Maybe that's the tie-in factor. Has anyone NOT killed someone yet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes- are we counting accidental deaths (Hurley's apparently), or just murders? Or also incidental deaths where a situation led to someone else dying indirectly (Jack's dad's shame leading him to drink to death, Locke and Boone- no arguments!). I also do not think we should count Jack as a doctor or Ana/Sayid in the line of duty (counting that guy in the parking lot and Sayid's luitenant). I dont think he's killed anyone on the island...I could be wrong. Also should we count anybody who died from Hurley's "curse"?

So we are counting:

1.) Murders- straight up homicide.
2.) Manslaughters- indirect cause of someone's death, intentional or not.
3.) Accidental- I cant think of any right now...help?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on Libby are that while she was in the hospital she became fixated on Hurley and has been following him around ever since. Not that she's using him, but that she just has a really bad crush on him and is a stalker. Freaking STALKER!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd count accidental death's like that Hurley one. Basically anyone who feels it was their fault someone died (heheheh, so not Locke ) And someone who has a remote cause of someone's death, but didn't actually do anything to cause the event to happen, like Locke with Boone, or Jack with his guilt for his dad drinking himself to death because of what he did to him, should get an asterisk or somethign lol
And I wouyldn't count people who did it on duty, like Jack as a doctor (though smothering the Marshall could almost count...) but Ana Lucia's murder of that guy in the parking lot definitely wasn't on-duty
Hurley's curse... hmmm probably that asterisk one.

On that whole note, is there anyone who hasn't at least done something against the law in the show so far?

Quote:
My thoughts on Libby are that while she was in the hospital she became fixated on Hurley and has been following him around ever since. Not that she's using him, but that she just has a really bad crush on him and is a stalker. Freaking STALKER!

Heheh totally. Oh well, at least Hurley has someone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for anybody who cares: I was watching this episode with my mom on wednesday and I was like "omg I get! Dave isn't real. That's why they wouldn't pass the ball to him and why the doctor took a picture." And like a minute after that the doctor told Hurley that Dave is fake...I was like "well that's creepy."

*does happy dance*

Banner: Shinythings
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Liz
I can honestly say I didn't even think about that. Then again I wasn't paying much attention
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some mixed feelings about the episode too but overall I liked it. Sure the Dave is fake reminded me of Fight Club (haven't seen Identity yet but I shall) but I liked learning more about Hurley and the institution. At the very end I was really expecting Dave to grab hold of Libby's leg but Hurley saves her and tosses the mashed up Dave back into the ocean...but I'm pretty sure a lot of you would have stopped watching Lost if that happened!

I like SuperKC's idea about Libby the stalker (er I mean Freaking STALKER!â„¢).

My lost music vids
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record:

Fight Club > Identity

(By a lot.)

And yes, Libby is a stalker. Seriously.
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw Identity too last year and that's the first thing I thought of when I watched this episode.

Banner: Shinythings
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only a concept. Are you saying that because a film did it, nobody else can ever use the idea that someone is seeing someone that isn't there, or is using that person as a part of his personality?

Just sit back and enjoy, don't nitpick so much

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
harpreetd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXACTLY.

( I was waiting for someone to say that)
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is good to nitpick and express stuff you like or don't like about the show here on a forum otherwise it would just be a thread with 20 people saying the same thing.

"It was a good episode"

or

"Darn, I missed it"

Both of which are not very interesting to read or comment about.
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, I'm not saying people shouldn't give an opinion, but all people seem to do these days is look at the bad things of TV shows or movies when talking about them

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: