Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Cells"-Other
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That sure gives a lot more meaning to it! YOu should give commentaries more often Laura Now I've gotta go watch it again LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh! Thanks for taking the time to explain that Laura. Now I understand what you were aiming for in your vid. I didn't know if it was meant to be a cloudy dream-sequence or fuzzy recollection or what. Now I know. Cheers! And it makes sense too. I used to get upset when some people asked me why I chose a particular effect or clip but after explaining they did the "ahh I see" now I know why they asked.

My lost music vids
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight wrote:
Ahh! Thanks for taking the time to explain that Laura. Now I understand what you were aiming for in your vid. I didn't know if it was meant to be a cloudy dream-sequence or fuzzy recollection or what. Now I know. Cheers! And it makes sense too. I used to get upset when some people asked me why I chose a particular effect or clip but after explaining they did the "ahh I see" now I know why they asked.

I had a indepth talk with one of my best friends today who happens to be an art major at MASS ART. She has 6 hour classes where 3 hours are just focused on giving the artist critism. I'm an over sensitive pisces, but she explained the postives of it pretty clearly. I think the majority of vidders hope their videos will be viewed the same way by everyone, but they are not. I will keep your comments in mind when making future videos. Thanks for your honestly-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off I don't want anyone to change their styles or their vid art (unless I really thought their vid was crap ) which is definately not the case here.

I was just confuzzled and needed to hear the intent from the director.

If all our vids looked the same it would be Boring capital B.

My lost music vids
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is just me personally, but I absolutely adored every single effect you used. The collapsing screen wasn't distracting to me (and I usually hate those kinds of transitions). Maybe it was so good because it went so well with the music and that techno-y beat each time you used it.

I also loved the white wash cause it gave some of the scenes an edge that was needed to make the scenes feel right to the song.

Love love love.

I'm going to marry the vidder.
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

easilyjaded wrote:

LOL. That's a bold statement. But yeah, you couldn't have said it better. I just rewatched this video earlier today and was reminded how much not only video rocks, but wonderful glory that is Laura. AWESOME!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easilyjaded wrote:
Well, this is just me personally, but I absolutely adored every single effect you used. The collapsing screen wasn't distracting to me (and I usually hate those kinds of transitions). Maybe it was so good because it went so well with the music and that techno-y beat each time you used it.

I also loved the white wash cause it gave some of the scenes an edge that was needed to make the scenes feel right to the song.

Love love love.

I just read this LMAO...If thats you dancing in your avatar, then yes I will marry you!

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its actually Dominic Monaghan!
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easilyjaded wrote:
Its actually Dominic Monaghan!

Wow it is LOL. Its adorable, and so are you--thank you for the lovely comments-laura

Jake's Twin
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Laura, l just watched this video again today and it still is just as amazing as the first time l seen it. l LOVE this song now...lol, l'm actually downloading it now so l can burn it to my next cd, it's from the Sin City soundtrack isn't it? Anyway you did such an awesome job Ms. 4LAD just like you always do. Fantastic Job. LUVS IT.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly--i love your work too...if your registered on the lostmedia board please check out my vid challenge under the creative challenges section. I'd love to see what you can do with the song-take care-laura

Jake's Twin
AnnieBW
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - very interesting use of color washes and timing! I really liked it!
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnnieBW wrote:
Wow - very interesting use of color washes and timing! I really liked it!

thanks ann--love your avatar

Jake's Twin
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURA4LAD wrote:
Holly--i love your work too...if your registered on the lostmedia board please check out my vid challenge under the creative challenges section. I'd love to see what you can do with the song-take care-laura

Ok so l've just registered on the LM board and l think l'm gonna just watch the entries and sit this one out. Besides l've already made a vid using one of your songs remember...lol. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with though. l've already seen phoenix39's entry, very well done btw. Thanks again Laura, for the compliment l mean. Also, your vid is still my favourite.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: