Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"How Soon Is Now?" by Aislynn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallen_angel wrote:
Wow Aislynn is gonna be so happy... all this great feedback....
we are all gonna give her a complex

Oh, you are SO right that I'm just THRILLED about such great feedback! And hey, if I've gotta have a complex, might as well be this one, huh?

MovieGuy:
Quote:
the middle part with the lightning thingys and you see the ouline thingys of them
That's a fairly close description of what I call it, so yes, that makes perfect sense to me! Thanks so much for reviewing so quickly!

Polarbear: Thanks, Paul! I did have some fun with that lightning thing...

fallen_angel:
Quote:
as usual you have once again proved your unique and original creativity
*big, huge grin* Thank you! About the next vid, well, I've got KC's request for "Hit The Road, Jack" that I'm going to start working on in the next few days. As to when I'll get it done, who knows? I'm so excited to be trying a request! *crosses fingers* (Oh, and I use "muchly" all the time, so it's a word, at least, to me! )

k4x: Thanks! I'm really so glad that it seems like the lightning came across well. It was the first idea I had for this vid but I couldn't tell if it would look like what I wanted to, or just come out looking goofy! It just "sounded" like that part in the music to me!

lostzilla: One word, Nate: Thanks! (Or I could've said, "Skate vid" but that's two words, not one, so... )

Ally: Thanks! You know, this isn't my favorite version of this song, either. I ended up going with it 'cause the Smiths' version runs so long and is a bit slower in tempo. I liked that I didn't have to cut a bunch of minutes out of this one AND it was a little quicker. Plus, it had that bit of music where I knew I wanted to put the lightning, so that decided it for me!

ebizmybef74: Thanks, Liz! You know, I thought the same thing when I saw k4x's sig the other night! I was like "NOOOO, they're gonna kill CLAIRE???" Really freaked me out, too!

Hobbes:
Quote:
Nate with VEGAS couldn't beat THOSE effects
The highest praise I can ever imagine receiving! *blushing* Thank you very much!

Really, thanks so much everyone for taking time to comment. It's greatly appreciated! Oh, and sorry that the music got the stuffing compressed out of it. I was going to try uploading a larger version to Picafile but in the end, I figured my dial-up would never hold that long so went for the smaller version. Oy. Thanks for overlooking its squished-ness!

~Aislynn

PS - And "squished-ness" is definitely not a word...
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn, Aislynn, Aislynn. What can l possibly say that everyone hasn't already. You and your amazingly talented WMM1 vidding skills always, always sease to amaze me with every new vid. l especially loved the animation in this one. The lighning effects alone were...just so awesome and the little rectangle thingys moving up and down the stills in at the beginning and at the end were also fantastic. Man l too seriously hope you never get a new movie maker program A, you're our WMM QUEEN of LVI!

You had no problem getting a YES vote from me A or anyone else on the council for that matter. We all LOVED IT!
Great Job.

edit: Damn l was a little late on this one wasn't I?
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollywood:
Quote:
I was a little late on this one wasn't I?
Never fear, there's no such thing as too late when it comes to reviewing vids! If there was I'd be so sunk! You know, it's funny that this vid ended up so animation-heavy. There were just certain things I could "see" that went with the music and that was the only way to do them! (And that sounds sorta nuts now that I see it written down... Hopefully y'all know what I mean! )

Quote:
WMM QUEEN of LVI!
*giggles* Can I put that in my next sig? Coolness! Seriously, thanks for taking time to comment, Holly! Also glad that you liked the effect on the stills at the start and on the credits. I thought it made J/K/S all seem "connected" somehow (gee, should I have used my [snooty voice][/snooty voice] when I said that? ).

And I got a Council Pick? Yay!!!! *much happy dancing and squeeing*

Thank you all again!

~Aislynn
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so as long as this is the Aislynn praising party, I have to say that one thing that sets Aislynn apart from other vidders is that you KNOW she's worked DAMN hard on each and every one of her vids. Not that the rest of the vidders don't, but with the software she's got and the clips she has to work with, she's definately the hardest working vidder out there.

And that's that!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC:
Quote:
I have to say that one thing that sets Aislynn apart from other vidders is that you KNOW she's worked DAMN hard on each and every one of her vids. Not that the rest of the vidders don't, but with the software she's got and the clips she has to work with, she's definately the hardest working vidder out there.
Awww, thank you so much for saying that! It's true that a lot of times I feel like I'm really swimming upstream, trying to keep up with everybody else! I really love vidding so it's not that I mind hard work. I tell you, though, one day I'd really love to have a nice editing program and full access to source material, just to see what it feels like! Thanks again, KC!

~Aislynn
Lizzybeth
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was good loved the effects!

*da lil Pip*
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

fallen_angel:
Quote:
as usual you have once again proved your unique and original creativity
*big, huge grin* Thank you! About the next vid, well, I've got KC's request for "Hit The Road, Jack" that I'm going to start working on in the next few days. As to when I'll get it done, who knows? I'm so excited to be trying a request! *crosses fingers* (Oh, and I use "muchly" all the time, so it's a word, at least, to me! )

No worries Aislynn, you work so hard on your vids and the praise you do get is muchly deserved

Can't wait for 'Hit The Road Jack'
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizzybeth: Thanks! I always appreciate it when somebody takes time to comment!

fallen_angel: Thanks again! Muchly... I think we're starting to talk in code here, huh? It's must be Spammerese or something!

Jack will be hitting the road soon...

~Aislynn
SimbiAni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow is my reaction as well
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, SimbiAni! I love the rainbow cursor on your site! So adorable!

~Aislynn
SimbiAni

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL Thanks! and you're welcome! I find it amazing you did this vid with WMM, as I really cant stand that editor, LoL! I've only used it myself once or twice, and I hadnt checked out the effects section so I didnt kno you could do those kinds of cool things with WMM, hehe... again, great work! adding to my Faves Pages when the page gets revamped
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimbiAni wrote:
adding to my Faves Pages when the page gets revamped

Oh, that would be soooo cool!!! I've never had one of my vids "recommended" like that before! Thanks!

~Aislynn
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn, would you mind uploading this vid to YSI as I would love to save it to my collection (if you don't mind)... it would be muchly appreciated.

also may I ask how you did those black and white rectangle thingys at the beginning and the end
SimbiAni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fallen Angel,

Here is the direct link and this is how I saved it

RiGHTCLiCK&SAVEAS
http://x502.putfile.com/videos/a6-21523301323.wmv

Hope that helps
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks heaps SimbiAni you're a legend

Cheers
Vicky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: