Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5x16/5x17 - The Incident
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who know me, you know this is a big big thing. Suliet was totally my favorite ship. Jate totally took the back f-ing seat. Juliet was my second favorite female character (and remember how I used to hate her!)

So, WHAT THE FUCK!?!?????? I'm sorry for cursing guys, really, but WHAT THE F!?!?!????? I am sososososososo upset. That was the worst. The WORST EVER. I loved Suliet SO much! And I know a lot of other people did too!

There better be a good reason behind this, you know? I mean, its stupid to kill a character unless it is a pivotal plot point. If it's not, they're just being ASSHOLES. Why do they do this!? It's one thing if they're making a sacrifice for everyone, like Charlie (although that was still stupid), but pointless killing is not cool!

My heart was breaking for Sawyer, and for Juliet. At first I was like, "Maybe she somehow survived!" but then the camera panned down the hatch and I was like, "Ah. These assholes are going to show me her dead body just so I know for sure that she is gone forever. Fml."

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, The Powers That Be said more triangle?

I don't buy it. There was a lot of Skate passion, that alot loved, but that was over in Season 4. They parted ways. I think that Cassidy was wrong, that he wasn't be a coward, he wanted to save her, he was finally growing up, but that choice was just a fork in the road. Had he chosen another route, maybe...I dunno, threw off Hurley or something, had he stayed, he and Kate may actually have a happy life.

However, he made his choice, and that choice set the Suliet in motion. I don't think there's any going back for him. Sure, he may get over it "eventually"....but not in Season 6. (unless it's set like...20 years from 2007 where they're all old and stuff )

I love the creators and what they have done with every part of the show....but as for Skate? Skate ended with Suliet, and even with Juliet out of the picture (for now) I just can't see him being in any state to accept Kate.

I'm on the phone with my mom right now, and she thinks that the season ender, was not the bomb at all. We know how the creators are cryptic with the show, and it's a possibility that it wasn't the bomb at all. Could have been another flash, something else could have affected it. Or the possibility that the Incident was happening at the exact same time that the bomb detonated, it could have done something.

Also, we know that Eloise is pregnant with Daniel at the same time that the nuke is "detonated". How would she not die, and how would Daniel exist? We know she ages, she's not immortal, even though there's something more to her.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT SASS!?!?!?? Give me your source article! If there is seriously skate in season six I will find them personally, and kill them.

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what Sam and I have been saying, J! They've been saying that Skate isn't nearly over and there will be more in s6, and just wait and see, and shit like that for weeks now, in multiple articles. I'll try to find a few. I think that they're afraid of alienating the Skaters and losing viewers, so they're just making shit up. Honestly, that's what I think. Last night on the clip show. Damon said something like "Kate genuinely loved Sawyer and was so heartbroken, that she used Aaron to cope" and I was like WTF?! I didn't get that at all. I got that she cared about Sawyer, but not that much, she was just using the guy! I knew that even when I was a hardcore Skater. She cared about him a lot, they had somewhat of a bond, but her heart wasn't with him. Darlton just made that up later when Cassidy came around, cuz Skaters were getting upset.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Fri May 15, 2009 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXAngelicEvilXx wrote:

We know how the creators are cryptic with the show, and it's a possibility that it wasn't the bomb at all. Could have been another flash, something else could have affected it. Or the possibility that the Incident was happening at the exact same time that the bomb detonated, it could have done something.

I agree. I personally don't really think this whole 'It never happened' stuff will pan out. Why? Let me tell you.

Jacob went to visit Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. That means at some point or another, he sees them and meets them. But it hasn't happened for them yet, so he's free to go visit them pre-island. So, thus far into the series, they've never met Jacob, so i'm assuming that they will in season six. Does that make sense?

The only problem with that theory is that Jacob is currently on fire, but you know We shall see.

Another upsetting thing is he never visited Juliet, so I am assuming that she is dead for good. I am praying to the gods that she somehow isn't, but oh well.

AND UGH. Locke is actually dead!!! Anyone else upset about that? I still love Locke. Especially if this new-asshole Locke isn't even Locke at all!

I personally thought it really was him. Because Christain has been running around the island, so I thought the island had brought him to life, and then that it had done the same with Locke.l

That was such a horrible cliffhanger. I love Lost. And I hate it at the same time. One more season

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see my post, J?

Yeah, I know what you mean about loving it and hating it. Oh, and Sam and I think that Christian and Other Locke are probably Smokey, and Smokey probably has something to do with that guy who was talking with Jacob at the beginning.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
That's what Sam and I have been saying, J! They've been saying that Skate isn't nearly over and there will be more in s6, and just wait and see, and shit like that for weeks now, in multiple articles. I'll try to find a few. I think that they're afraid of alienating the Skaters and losing viewers, so they're just making shit up. Honestly, that's what I think. Last night on the clip show. Damon said something like "Kate genuinely loved Sawyer and was so heartbroken, that she used Aaron to cope" and I was like WTF?! I didn't get that at all. I got that she cared about Sawyer, but not that much, she was just using the guy! Darlton just made that up later when Cassidy came around, cuz Skaters were getting upset.

Dude. I remember in one podcast I heard, Damon (or Carlton, idk which) said, "One of us is a Skater, one of us is Jate, but we both agree with who she should ultimately end up with."

Which, no offense (past skater, haha), I thought was obviously Jack. But that was right at the end of season three, when it looked like it was skate for good. So maybe they were being even more cryptic by making it sound like Jack, when it really WAS Sawyer.

Well, f that. He is in no position to want Kate now, no matter how sexy she is. I just don't agree with any of this! UGH. Poor Juliet.

riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Did you see my post, J?

Yeah, I know what you mean about loving it and hating it. Oh, and Sam and I think that Christian and Other Locke are probably Smokey, and Smokey probably has something to do with that guy who was talking with Jacob at the beginning.

This is so Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I do not like it!

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I know, seriously! What do you wanna bet they're basically readuing forums and then making it up as they go along, trying to cater to the viewers, but not really knowing what they're doing otherwise? lol I mean, the whole time travel thing? Kinda cool, but also really random and confusing. xD
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.J. is a fan of the time travel bullshit! Did you see Star Trek? It was amazing, but still. I was like, "This is so J.J."

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it's anything to look forward too...

Yay Claire!!

Also, am I the only one that appreciated seeing Rose and Bernard? And they were absolutely right in what they said to Kate, Sawyer and Juliet.

Pretty much every finale has a sweet moment, and Rose and Bernard's "retirement" was just that.

Also, they'd better have some damn answers about WHY Charlie seemingly died for....oh I dunno....NOTHING? Cause Claire never got on the helicopter, and I doubt that Desmond made it up to be a jerk.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but I don't think it was that much him in ST. In Star Trek, time travel is a huge part of it. You know how many alternate reality/time travel episodes there are, per season?
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the Rose and Bernard stuff! Even though Bernard did look a bit like a mountain man, or Moses or something.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
True, but I don't think it was that much him in ST. In Star Trek, time travel is a huge part of it. You know how many alternate reality/time travel episodes there are, per season?

Oh, I have no clue. I read up a bunch of crap on it after I saw it, and they said that basically the writers of this movie decided to create an alternate universe thing. I don't really remember, lol.

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Movie was pretty good, and as far as what J.J. has done in the past, this is his most incredible work so far with movies. Sure, he helped write Mission Impossible 3 or Armaggedon, or did Cloverfield...but Star Trek was the best.

I don't blame him for doing it either. He's always been a big fan of Star Trek, so actually being able to do a really good movie version of one of his favorite shows? He's lucky. I wish in 20 years I could direct a Harry Potter movie....but the books are over and the movies will be in a couple years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: