Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Only Hope" by Aislynn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather: Yay, my fellow Despenny vidder, (along with Karolina, of course! ), lol! Thank you so much! I was really hoping all of those "lift my hands" would work! And I'm so glad to have finally broken my Lost vidder's block at last! *fingers crossed that it stays broken!* *hugs!* Thanks again! ♥!

Kat: Oh, I'm so glad you liked this song, too! I never expected Despenny to be the thing to get me over my Lost vidder's block, but I'm just so happy that it did! Yay!

littleton_pace wrote:
man i wish des loved me like he loves penny....*dreamy sigh*

Oh, I know just what you mean! *dreamy sigh as well* ♥♥♥!!! Thanks so much, hon! *hugs!*

Jen: Ooo, I'm SO glad to hear another vote of confidence for the song! Yay! Thank you so much! I was hoping that the greyscale/color changes would work well. And eeeeeek, I hope the backflipping bug moved on out of there! *stands on chair because she's a wimp* Aw, and thank you also for favoriting and five starring it at YT! *hugs* ♥!

Kate: Awww, thanks so much! *hugs!* I'm so glad that you liked it! (Did your mom tell you we crossed paths over one of my Doctor Who vids? It's a small vidding world out there, huh? ) Thanks again! ♥♥♥!!!

fabri: Awww, thank you! I loved those two scenes so much from "The Contant" that I knew I wanted them to "bookend" the vid at the start and finish like that! Thank you so much for the vote and for the very kind comment! ♥!

Joon: Thank you so much! "The Constant" really did inspire a bunch of vids, didn't it? Heather, Karolina and I didn't even know we were all vidding Despenny until we were all already working on them, lol! Then we all managed to finish up and post them in about an hour of each other, isn't that crazy? Anyway, thanks again! ♥!

Paul: Thanks! I'm really glad to have finally gotten past that Lost vidder's block I've had for so long! Glad you liked the song as well and thanks again!

Nikki: Awwwww, thanks so very much for the comment over on YT as well as here! Very much appreciated along with all of your encouragement! *hugs* I've had this song "on hold" for a long while but just didn't find the ship it went with until after "The Constant" then it was like boom! Ah-hah, it's Despenny! I'm also glad you liked the "over and over again" parts as well; I was kinda fond of them, too, but wasn't sure if anybody else would like them! Aw, I didn't realize that my last Lost vid was before your time! Well, I'm glad I finally got a new one in here at last, lol! Thanks again! ♥!

Charlie: Aw, 3 times??? Yay! Thank you so much, hon! Very, very much appreciated! And I'm so glad you liked the song! I really thought it fit but you never know until it's done sometimes! Thanks again! *hugs* ♥!

Jemma: Yes, Veronica finally got back in the Lost game again, lol! That part with Des in the Hatch was the very first one i put in; I moved it around a few times but I knew it was going to be in there somewhere because I thought it really worked! I'm so relieved to hear you thought so, too! Yay! Thanks so much, hon! *hugs!* ♥!

Kahlilly: Aww, thanks so much! I've always loved Des and Penny (okay, so yes, I like Daire as an AU ship but Despenny is definitely one of my most favorite canon ships, lol! ) but I just hadn't done a vid for them yet! So glad you enjoyed it! And you're very welcome, glad I could help! ♥!

Borislava: Aw, thanks so much! I'm so glad to have been able to vid for Lost again after so long, I'd really missed it! I'm so happy you enjoyed it! Thanks again! ♥♥♥!!!

Eryn: Thank you! I really wanted to do something that was just emotional and kinda straight-forward and I'm so glad that you liked it! Des and Penny are just awesome! Thanks again! ♥!

buffyfan: Yay, another fan of the song! Thank you so much! It was a lot of fun to finally vid Despenny! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks again! ♥!
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it with all of you council members making these amazing Pez videos?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!!

That was so sweet!!! And beautiful and adorable and everything happy in this world. I loved the song. Switchfoot rocks. I think you really made the lyrics work perfectly. I mean, it looked like Desmond was praying for Penny!!! ADORABLE!!! And the way you incorporated my now favorite LOST scene of all time (not really, nothing beats finding out Locke was in a wheelchair...) at the end was beautiful. I also love the line from her letter.

"All we really need to survive is one person who truly loves us. And you have her."

So sweet!!! I'm crying happy tears!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrecklesPhoenix wrote:
What is it with all of you council members making these amazing Pez videos?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!!

Heee, Pez! I haven't heard that one yet! But thanks! It was a totally unexpected thing that we kinda had a Despenny vidding jailbreak all at the same time there...

FrecklesPhoenix wrote:
That was so sweet!!! And beautiful and adorable and everything happy in this world. I loved the song. Switchfoot rocks. I think you really made the lyrics work perfectly. I mean, it looked like Desmond was praying for Penny!!! ADORABLE!!!

I'm SO glad you liked the song! I thought it was perfect for them but you never know how other people will feel about it until it's out there, you know?

FrecklesPhoenix wrote:
"All we really need to survive is one person who truly loves us. And you have her."

So sweet!!! I'm crying happy tears!!

Awwwwww! *hands you tissue to dab away your happy tears*

Thanks so much! *hugs!* ♥!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard this song before, but man, what a wonderful song for a Despenny vid!! I loved the parallel it created of Penny being Desmond's "constant" in the last ep and his "only hope" in your vid. So wonderful!!
Ais, I'm so happy that you made it back to vidding with a Despenny vid because it was such a beautiful vid and it made me really, really happy. There were so many wonderful things about your vid. First of all, I loved your choice of the audio parts. They were perfect!!! I also really liked the overlay with Desmond throwing the stone/throwing away the ring.. cool idea!! My favourite parts where the ones to the line "I lift my hands..." --> awwww, so sweet!!!

Such a beautiful vid!! I hope it gave you your vidding muse back because I definitely want to see more now!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Only Hope by Aislynn Reply with quote

A new vid from you!!! So, is the lost vidding muse really back? i hope so, cause....
Beautiful vid!! Loved the scenes and the audios you picked! The song worked really well! The hand thing was also great!
I'm just loving all the Despenny videos around... I've been really wanting some of those!
Ais, this is a GREAT, BEAUTIFUL vid! Just wanted to make sure you knew it!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Aislynn!

*clutches heart* Seriously, if Lost ends on a non-Des/Penny note, it will have a lot of angry shippers to deal with!

This was beautiful, sweetie. The song is heartbreaking (and I just realized it was the one Mandy Moore sang in "A Walk to Remember") and it was just perfect for the Des/Penny relationship.

Favs:
0:22 - the overlap between Des throwing the rock and the ring. Lovely contrast where at one point, Des is trying to forget about Penny and ridding himself of the ring he was going to give her, and on the other hand, he's throwing rocks and absentmindedly drowning in memories of Penny. Very sweet!
-The "over and over again" were wonderfully done.
-I just really loved how the coloring worked. How you constantly switched for no particular reason from normal to desaturated (which would usually signify the past) - seems to me that it's very fitting considering how Desmond's entire storyline is not really distinguishing the past from the present (what with "FBYE" and "TC").
-The voiceovers worked really well too. And the ending with the photo was lovely.

Gah, awesome job, Aislynn! *hugs both ship, vid, and you*

ETA: Forgot to mention I really loved the "sing to me the song of the stars" and we see all the rings shimmering in the background. Nice imagery there!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was answering this earlier when the Evil Internet Gremlins ate my Internet for most of the day, grrrrr! *comes back carrying a big stick to beat them away from her post if they show up again* Grrrr! <-- *is intimidating*

Karolina: Awwww, thanks so much! I hadn't heard that song in quite a while then I heard it the next afternoon after "The Constant" aired and I was like "Man, this fits perfectly!" and ran and started vidding it! I'm SO glad that you thought it was fitting, too! I'm also so glad you caught the throwing the stone/throwing the ring overlay. That was harder to sync up than I thought it would be, mainly because he threw the stone and the ring at totally different speeds and they just didn't want to "happen" at the same time very easily, lol! And the "lift my hands" became some of my favorite moments, so I was hoping they would look good to others as well! Thanks again so much! *squishy hugs* ♥!

Bel: Aw, thank you so much! I hope my Lost vidding muse will hang around this time and not leave for another 9 months or so! I hope to be seeing a new vid from you sometime very soon! It's been just waaaaay too long! Anyway, thanks again for watching and commenting! It really means so much to me! *hugs!* ♥!

Maria: Oh, thank you so much, hon! I haven't forgotten your last SPN vid, btw. RL has gotta step off me sometime soon, right??? Anyway, yep, the Mandy Moore version was actually the first one I ever heard and I knew I wanted to vid it one day but just had to wait for the "right" ship, lol! Ooo, details! *smishes you* I'm so glad you liked the throwing overlays and the contrasting thought behind them! I kinda worried about the "over and overs" maybe looking cheesy or something but out of all the things I tried in their spots, those were the ones I thought just worked the best.

I didn't want to have some big "Cirque du Soleil" type gimmick for this one, I just wanted it to be more simple and emotional. Yet I realized right away I needed something just to kinda connect the whole thing together and so I went with controlling the coloring and saturation. The entire thing is actually desaturated except for the key moments in either full color or near grayscale but I didn't want it to look very desaturated, just slightly faded out.

PsychoCynic wrote:
ETA: Forgot to mention I really loved the "sing to me the song of the stars" and we see all the rings shimmering in the background. Nice imagery there!

ZOMGYAY! I was hoping somebody noticed the rings/stars thing! I was afraid that it was too transparent and fast to be recognized when all was said and done! Or that maybe it didn't really make sense except in my own twisty mind, lol! Anyway, thank you so much for your awesome feedback! *squishes you liek woah* ♥!
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just commented at you LJ and thought I may aswell track you down over here too! You will not escape me!

Anyways I loved that Ais! Twas beautiful.
Your song choice was perfect!
I loved your effects, the colour-cahnging, the voiceovers - just GREAT!
YAY for Dope!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I didn't comment yet!! Sorry about that.

I LOVED it!!! The song is so great, and Des and Penny are so adorable! I'm so happy your vidding again; it's been a while since I've seen a new vid from you. This makes me so happy! Amazing job Ais, as always!!

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:
Just commented at you LJ and thought I may aswell track you down over here too! You will not escape me!

*dramatic gasp*

Thank you SO much, hon, for commenting both places! Much, much appreciated! I'm so glad you liked it! *squishes you* ♥♥♥!!!

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
I can't believe I didn't comment yet!! Sorry about that.

I LOVED it!!! The song is so great, and Des and Penny are so adorable! I'm so happy your vidding again; it's been a while since I've seen a new vid from you. This makes me so happy! Amazing job Ais, as always!!

No worries at all, Morgan! I appreciate comments anytime, lol! Anyway, I'm really glad to have been able to do a new Lost vid, too! It seems like forever! So glad you enjoyed it and thanks so much for commenting! *hugs* ♥!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Only Hope by Aislynn Reply with quote

This was SOOO beautiful, Aislynn! This was truly the perfect DesPenny video!!! I loved all of it, but also, I adored how you did the ending with the photo. That kicked some serious fan-video hiney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwww! Thank you so much, Julia! I really appreciate all of your fantastically kind words!

eloramoon wrote:
That kicked some serious fan-video hiney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooot! Don't think I can ask for anything better than that! Thanks again so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! ♥!
VPnymph
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Only Hope by Aislynn Reply with quote

That was amazing. The lyrics fitted absolutley perfectly to Desmond and Penny, I've never heard this song before... I'm not in to new music lol, but this was awesome! How come Dope has changed to Despenny? Was it too un-Politically Correct? lol xxx

Last edited by VPnymph on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thanks, VP! I'd wanted to use that song for a while and after "The Constant" aired, I just felt like it fit them so well! I'm always soooo glad to hear other people thought so, too!

VPnymph wrote:
How come Dope has changed to Despenny? Was it too un-Politically Correct? lol xxx

We ended up having quite a few requests to make it Despenny (but none because of the not-PC thing, lol! ) so that's why we did it.

Thanks again!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't commented on this vid yet?!
HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?!
(surely, I must have at least PMed or emailed you some sort of comment?!)
Regardless: here's one:
Awesome.
I watched this as soon as it came on to youtube. I love this song, and it's so fitting for Despenny.
I didn't notice it the first time I watched this, but I loved what you did with the coloring - and how the colour fades in and out at different times. Like, when Desmond touches Penny in the "paint" scene, the color all comes in - and when they say "I love you" it goes full color. Very cool. I also totally LOVED the beat use in the faster part of the song (with the glow lighting effects!) and that clever ending. Plus, just overall awesome beat use and editing . You've still got those expert skills Ais!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: