Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Walking Behind" by Aislynn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais, you SO didn't have to dedicate that to me I HEART YOU! *Sammy!smishes! and Megatron!Hugs!* ....*fangirl merry-go-round*

First of all, totally original idea! LOVE the photo album bit...SUCH a good gimmick I loved the whole video, but my favorite thing about it was the bits when there was one clip still and sepia while the other ran before the sepia still turned into a color moving clip. Loved it so much. *takes a picture of the Dean clones bowing down to the greatness of Aislynn*

I. love. you.

kthanxbye
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comments! *happy dances*

I'm on my way to bed now but I'll do a "real" post tomorrow. But before I go, I just wanted to say thanks for all the fantabulous comments! *squee!*

*hugs everybody!*
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...this was sooo original and unusual!!!!
I LOVE it!!!!!
Great job,Ais
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel: I'm so glad you noticed the whole "2 vids in 1" thing! That was the part that nearly killed Baby Vegas: I had 2 "full" vids running at the same time! Baby was nearly falling apart on me by the time I got to the end! Thanks so much! *hugs!*

wolffootball37: "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!"[/end Wayne's World moment] Thank you SO much for saying such wonderful things! I really, really appreciate it! *hugs*

Polarbear: Thanks so much, Pauly! *squishes you* Timing those two separate timelines so they would work together to carry the beat was a tricky thing! I'm so relieved that you thought it worked!

Izzy94: Cookie! Yay! Awwww, thanks bunches for all the nice things you said! So glad you liked it!*hugs* *munches on cookie* Mmm, cookie!

KajaM: I actually was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to finish this one, lol! Thank you so much for saying that about the timing! I worked forever trying to get that all to come out together, not just the flashes but the clip changes and the still effects, all working on their own and together. I'm so glad you liked it! *squeezy hugs*

azzurra13: Thank you! I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

IntoTheVoid: Jealous? With your mad skillz? Pshaw! *hugs* Thanks bunches!

marcus: *squee!* I'm especially happy you mentioned the fading people away thing because I just love that effect! Thanks so much for all the great things you said! *blush* *hugs!*

Scu: Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked the vid and the song both!

Belxf: Thank you! I'm so thrilled you enjoyed it! I'm still watching your "Lips of an Angel" vid! It's just amazing! Thanks again!

PsychoCynic: Awwww, thanks so much! And thanks also for all the encouragement you've given me on this and many other vids! I always seem to reach a point where I just need somebody to tell me, "You can do it!" and you always come through for me! *hugs!*

Kait: Hey Kait! Glad to see you again! I'm still going to do an NCIS vid one of these days! (I could totally see Tony/Ziva to this song... ) Anyway, thanks so much for commenting and I'm so glad you enjoyed!

cylune: Awwww! Thanks so much, hon! The page turning effect was the animation that tripped me up at the start, grrr... Didn't think I would ever figure out how to make it work! The "double point of view" thing was something that I really wanted to take advantage of since this format let me do it! I tried to put in several canon scenes that way, showing them both at the same time. But that hug was something I was hoping would really benefit from the double p.o.v.! And you certainly deserve thanks for all the encouragement and help you've given me! *hearts* you! *squishy hugs*

Hobbes: *blush* *repeats the "Not worthy!" mantra* Awwwwww, thank you! Nothing better than a detailed review from Sir Hobbes! I'll let both you and Cinthia (and anybody else who wants to know ) in on the big Page Turning Secret...

After running animation test after test and coming up with horrifying results, it finally dawned on me to see if Vegas had something that would replicate the effect I wanted. And, of course, it does! That was the Page Peel transition, customized so that it would go across instead of up from one corner. The tricky part was the fact that I had 3 timelines to turn (one for Sawyer, one for Kate and one for the photo album mask), so for it to work correctly, I had to render those 3 together before I could turn them. Which meant that I had to be sure I was done editing that section or I was going to have to rerender it and replace it if I came back later and changed anything with its timing.

Anyway, I'm SO glad that you enjoyed it! Thanks again for taking time to comment!

mistojen: Well, of course I had to dedicate it to you; you had the awful task of seeing it in an early beta form where it looked like I was having a nervous breakdown all over my vidding! I mean, for that alone you should get a medal or something! At least a commemorative t-shirt: "I survived an early beta of Aislynn's vid!"

I'm glad you liked the alternating sepia still/motion thingie (the technical term for it, lol! )! I was really hoping that that would work out to help carry the photo album feel! *joins the fangirl merry-go-round* Whee!!! And Dean clones??? *pounces*

Thank you SO much for all of your helpful advice, for trying to help me work out a way to manage the clip choices for basically 2 vids at the same time so it wouldn't take me until the year 2525 to finish and just for all of your support and encouragement! *huge squishy super(natural!)hugs!* Hey, now I have time to finally make that icon! *hearts you liek woah*

Thanks again to all who watched and commented!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, sorry I cross-posted you, Borislava! Thanks so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! (After all, I know this is definitely not your ship! But it's good to know that we can still like vids for other ships. I've loved your beautiful Jate vids! )
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
you had the awful task of seeing it in an early beta form where it looked like I was having a nervous breakdown all over my vidding! I mean, for that alone you should get a medal or something! At least a commemorative t-shirt: "I survived an early beta of Aislynn's vid!"

Psh. Who needs a medal or a shirt when I get to say I was the one who gave that last push in the right direction that caused Aislynn to finish TEH Skate vid instead of throwing her computer out a thirty-six story window? *big hugs* I heart you liek whoa too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, are you suuuuuuuuuure you don't want the commemorative t-shirt? They're a real collector's item, you know?

*super(natural)hugs!*
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! LMFAO! Ais that's beautiful! *Megatron!Hugs and Sammy!smishes* You rock my world. *steals shirt and runs off*

...I wonder if someone could actually make me a shirt like that... *shifty eyes*
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Walking Behind by Aislynn Reply with quote

i already commented this on youtube but its just fantabulous loved how you did this video its just so orginal and brilliant
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Walking Behind by Aislynn Reply with quote

Yay! B!tchy Badongo finally let me download this!

Wow, Ais. Just... wow. Firstly, great song choice - hadn't heard that one but I'll definitely have to download it now. Second of all... the VIDEO!!!!! It's just pure fantasmo - amazingbrilliantlovelywonderful, and you KNOW I don't use my four-words-in-one very often. I'm gonna have to watch this at least ten more times today, since I was mainly watching Kate the first time and Sawyer the second! Guh. This is officially one of my top three Skate vids of all time. Truly, truly fantastic.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meep! I didn't see these last comments until now, so sorry!

Jen: If anybody deserves the shirt, it's you!

charmed_charlie: Thank you so much for commenting both here and at YouTube, Charlie! Much, much appreciated! So glad you enjoyed!

AlcoholicPixie: So sorry that Badongo was being a jerk! Anyway, woo-hoo, four-words-in-one! Score! You know, I did try to design it so that it could be viewed as only one side or the other (though they work better together ) but I didn't know if anybody really would look at it like that! And there are so many amazing Skate vids out there, I'm truly honored to have made your top three! Thank you!

I also updated the links with a zshare one that was requested the other day (sorry it wasn't in time to help you, Kayla! ). Thanks again to everybody for all the wonderful comments!
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
AlcoholicPixie: So sorry that Badongo was being a jerk! Anyway, woo-hoo, four-words-in-one! Score! You know, I did try to design it so that it could be viewed as only one side or the other (though they work better together ) but I didn't know if anybody really would look at it like that! And there are so many amazing Skate vids out there, I'm truly honored to have made your top three! Thank you!

No problem It was SO worth the wait, lemme tell ya! I love the double-page effect, though - I wouldn't have you change it for the world!! The great thing about this vid is that it's so well-structured, and visually beautiful. Congratulations for setting a new standard of LOST vidding.

By the way - I know you use Vegas... but what template do you use to render your vids? Because they're bigger than 512kbps size, but definitely smaller than 3mbps...

Supernatural Video Station
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
No problem It was SO worth the wait, lemme tell ya! I love the double-page effect, though - I wouldn't have you change it for the world!! The great thing about this vid is that it's so well-structured, and visually beautiful. Congratulations for setting a new standard of LOST vidding.

Awwwwwwwww! Thank you so much! That's so kind of you to say all that!

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
By the way - I know you use Vegas... but what template do you use to render your vids? Because they're bigger than 512kbps size, but definitely smaller than 3mbps...

It's strange 'cause I'm not exactly sure what I do to make them come out the way they do! They actually do come out 512kbps (more or less -- I played "Walking" back just now in WMP to see what it was reading it as and it was 458kpbs! ).

Anyway, I'm still using the Movie Studio defaults:

Audio: 64kbps, 44,100 Hz, 16 bit, stereo
Video: 30.000fps, 428x240, Quality VBR 90%, WMV v9 compression, Keep Original size

My vidding footage is actually rendered down from the original 350MB AVI files into 152MB WMV (done with WMM, NTSC 16:9, Video for Broadband 512kbps) before I render them into the vid with Baby Vegas at the above settings. So far, I've been fairly happy with the results. They keep the 428x240 size and usually only lose quality/pixelate at YouTube. *sigh* I've had kinda funky results trying to make it "super-sized," though, like 640x480-ish or anything "full screen-ish" so I usually just stick to 428x240. I can usually see everything okay myself, so figure that everybody else can as well! As an added benefit since I've got pretty slow upload speeds, my vids usually come out in the 10 - 20MB range so it doesn't take me forever and a day to upload them!
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Keep Original Size My vidding footage is actually rendered down from the original 350MB AVI files into 152MB WMV

That'll be why, then I just use the original 350MB AVI in Vegas, and I usually save mine in 512kbps, which is probably why they come out in 320x240 format, 1.85:1 Academy Widescreen. Hmm. Maybe I'll have a play around and see what I can come up with. Thankies for the tips!

Kayla x

Supernatural Video Station
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Walking Behind by Aislynn Reply with quote

OMG!!!! That was the most awesomest thing I have seen in a very long time, and most things don't get 'most awesomest' status. The photo album style was incredible, and the song and diff clips on each side, just worked soooo well. I LOVE it! In my faves on YouTub, and I may have todownlaod this one.

How did you get the photo-album thingie btw? Is it a movie studios thing, or can I use SV 7.0 for something like that as well? Or is it completely different? Like a pic you use continuously like a watermark and jsut placed the clips inside?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: