Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x12 - Par Avion Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Charlie's still a douche. So he doesn't want to tell Claire about Desmond's creepy premonitions. He didn't have to make her feel like an idiot.

"Doesn't exactly make you an expert does it?" Uhhhh stuff it Charlie! He could have declined to help her in a NICER way.
Give Charlie a break will you??? He's feeling happy after the Hurley Van adventure, ready to seize the day and now Desmond tells him he's about to die. Again. It's not over. You gotta forgive him for being a little cranky!!! Gee.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. no offense, KC, I swear--you just happened to be the first (of many, I'm sure) to say it--but...

is the Charlie hate ever going to end? That guy can't win with you people, can he? No matter what he does, he's crucified. If Claire can get over his shortcomings, how come the Lost fans can't?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Jack and Tom is canon baby!

Great eppy tonight! I liked all the PB&J, but also liked the Daire scenes. Cool that Jack and Claire are actually brother and sister, wonder when/if/how they'll ever find out?

Can't WAIT til next week! BTW, how does Ben know what happened to Locke (who was quite creepy in Par Avion)...
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SERIOUSLY though. Charlie is selfish. I know he thinks he's gonna DIE now and so we're supposed to feel all sorry for him, but what was his excuse before?

He didn't have to put down Claire's idea and make her feel like an idiot for having it in the first place. He could have just said he didn't want to help or that he had a headache or SOMETHING. Just because he was feeling shitty doesn't mean he should make Claire feel shitty too.

If he didn't want to tell her about the premonitions that's fine. Although Desmond could be honest with her...

Just saying. Charlie has been written this way on a consistent basis. I can't help that he comes off as a total jerk sometimes. I would give him a break if he didn't continue to act the way he does.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I guess I just give Charlie a break because I'm a lot like him in that sense. If I'm in a crappy mood, I cut down everyone around me. It's not that I do it on purpose or mean to hurt them...it just happens. Also, I think that anyone who says that they've never, ever done that to someone with or without realizing it is probably either Aislynn, or a liar. So, I'm still going to defend Charlie on this one, even if the majority of Lost fans are going to respectfully (or maybe not so much so, sometimes, I imagine, but thats life) disagree with me.

I like that Charlie is flawed like this, because, of all the character flaws on this show, I feel like Charlie's tendency to be selfish and self-absorbed is the most realistic and common character flaw...one which, it seems, the other characters on the show seem to be higher than, when, in real life, EVERYONE is from time to time. Some, like me, more than others, unfortunately.

In reference to the episode, can I just say that emo!Claire is SO pretty! I love the way that dark hair made her blue eyes just pop in the most gorgeous way! I'm glad that it's been confirmed that Jack and Claire are siblings...I'm hoping they find out, but I, too, am wondering how/when/if.

Also...Jack...playing football...with the Others? Uh...okay?

PS--no offense to Sawyer fans, but is it entirely necessary to give him at least one line in every episode even when nothing in the storyline has anything to do with him?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
Also, I think that anyone who says that they've never, ever done that to someone with or without realizing it is probably either Aislynn, or a liar.

Oh, believe me, I have a temper and can be cranky, hurtful and a downright meanie-face sometimes. I just try to keep it off the Internet... Thanks for the vote of confidence, though! *hugs*

mistojen wrote:
PS--no offense to Sawyer fans, but is it entirely necessary to give him at least one line in every episode even when nothing in the storyline has anything to do with him?

I have the answer to that! The answer is...

...yep. You see, without a Sawyer appearance and/or line in every Lost episode, the Sawyerettes universally begin to emit this whining noise, which, as the Sawyerless episode goes on, begins to cause sonic vibrations which makes innocent bystanders start foaming at the mouth, twitching, then eventually collapsing to the ground and -- yes, sadly -- death. See this ep for further proof... What? You didn't know Mikhail was a Sawyerette? Yes, it's true! Someone gave him the information that Sawyer was not going to be seen or heard from in this ep and look at what happened! So the writers quickly added a few vital, necessary scenes in. And thus, the rest of the Losties and the audience alike were spared that nasty fate! Save the Southern Boy, Save the World!

[/end Sawyerette spin doctor moment]

My quick review:

1. Claire's new on-Island hair keeps bugging me. It's the wrong color and I don't like the way her bangs are all bunchy around her face. This was the intellectual part of the review.

2. "...I don't even know your name and I want it to stay that way..." Because if she knew his name she might could actually mention it to Jack one day and they would KNOW they have the same dad. Oyyyyyyyyyy!

3. I predict that next week's ep will begin by showing Jack's touchdown dance again, immediately followed by Kate popping up out of the bushes and shooting him directly in the butt... 'Cause was that the look on her face or WHAT??? *snort*
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
1. Claire's new on-Island hair keeps bugging me. It's the wrong color and I don't like the way her bangs are all bunchy around her face. This was the intellectual part of the review.

...yeah, Hairdresser Jen has been cringing ever since EdR cut bangs, to be honest... I'm embarrassed to say, however, that I didn't notice the change in color. I fail.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Jack and Tom is canon baby!

LMAO I can't wait to see the first Tack vid (or whatever you guys want to call it)

Uruviel wrote:
Cool that Jack and Claire are actually brother and sister, wonder when/if/how they'll ever find out?

My guess: 2nd last episode of this season - aka the "mushy finale". Worked for the Sawyer and Jack moment!

Locke: That's better Locke! Now take it all the way and become the evil villain or something. But THANK GOD the explosion wasn't just another "Locke moment". I may finally have the opportunity to take what I said since the beginning of this season back *please please please*

Jack/Claire - TOTALLY called it. Also called the birds thing as soon as Claire saw them. Seeing as how I didn't so much as know this was a Claire ep spoiler-wise I was fairly proud .

And now, rant time:

Man, WHY does Claire not have more episodes or storylines that AREN'T ABOUT GODDAMN CHARLIE?!?! This was one of the best flashbacks I've seen (heh, Claire's soon-to-be-overused artist will now be Evanescence, I bet ), and even though the on-island stuff was kinda boring and pointless, I was still interested because... we had a new character on the scene! This is pretty-much the first time Claire hasn't just been a tag-along, the classic pregnant girl, or *cringe* Charlie's little blondie.
Man, I 'm sorry to say, but I am totally ready for Charlie to go away now. I like Claire! And you know, I actually like Charlie a lot better when he's not around her and being a lying little jerk like he has consistently been.
And by consistently, I mean this:
SuperKC wrote:
SERIOUSLY though. Charlie is selfish. I know he thinks he's gonna DIE now and so we're supposed to feel all sorry for him, but what was his excuse before?

He didn't have to put down Claire's idea and make her feel like an idiot for having it in the first place. He could have just said he didn't want to help or that he had a headache or SOMETHING. Just because he was feeling shitty doesn't mean he should make Claire feel shitty too.

If he didn't want to tell her about the premonitions that's fine. Although Desmond could be honest with her...

Just saying. Charlie has been written this way on a consistent basis. I can't help that he comes off as a total jerk sometimes. I would give him a break if he didn't continue to act the way he does.

Totally.

As much as I don't want to disagree with people when it doesn't really matter, and depressing them in the process...and I probably do it way too often as it is... so I'm sorry but I can't help myself from asking: What do you people see in Charlie? There's just................. no. I just can't see anything anymore.
(Jen's last post: that defends him, but doesn't answer my question. )

Perhaps it's a point of believability - Charlie is just such a jerk so often, to the girl he supposedly loves that I just can't believe his character anymore. KC said it best, "He didn't have to put down Claire's idea and make her feel like an idiot for having it in the first place", yet he does, and he pulls these things a lot. He doesn't make any sense whatsoever in that way to me. He doesn't seem real, at least not from a shippy point of view. Perhaps what I thought earlier, about Claire just being another addiction to Charlie, is true, and that explains things... or perhaps he's truly just too stupid to learn from his mistakes and stop lying to Claire about everything... then he'd be realistic. But even then it wouldn't be enough for me to like him. So why? It just puzzles me a bit...

*sigh*

Claire though, Claire I like. I want her back, without Charlie.

And I liked this ep a lot actually. It felt meaningful even though it wasn't a classic plot-mover. Thumbs up!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

3. I predict that next week's ep will begin by showing Jack's touchdown dance again, immediately followed by Kate popping up out of the bushes and shooting him directly in the butt... Laughing 'Cause was that the look on her face or WHAT??? *snort*

LOL at least he wasn't playing with Juliette That'd just be the worst thing
*tacks on own prediction to Aislynn's* - Ep starts with Jack making that touchdown, then a shot of Kate's face in shock, then Jack and Tom walk off towards one of the houses and Juliette comes out wearing and apron and holding a tray of cookies. She then hands them each one and kisses Jack on the cheek. THEN Kate's face morphs into one of contorted rage and goes on a shooting spree

oh and Mikhail - was that not the most gruesome thing ever or what?! There was freaking blood quirting out of his ears
Guess they've gotta compete with 300 lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
(Jen's last post: that defends him, but doesn't answer my question. )

mistojen wrote:
I like that Charlie is flawed like this, because, of all the character flaws on this show, I feel like Charlie's tendency to be selfish and self-absorbed is the most realistic and common character flaw...one which, it seems, the other characters on the show seem to be higher than

That is what I see. So...it kind of does answer your question. It also doesn't hurt that when he's with Hurley, he makes me smile in the midst of all the angst, drama, and boring "action" sequences that they've had on lately

I've liked Charlie from the start, and I still do, because, yeah, he's a jerk...but his character has never been given a random 180 like Locke or Jack, or hell, even Sawyer with the random "I love you, too" stuff in 3x06, which was SO out of character. I like that even if some of the things he does are stupid or the things he says are mean, he's always in character and always has been. At least, as far as I'm concerned. Others might not see it the same way, I guess. *shrug*
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i really enjoyed this weeks epi
i loved the pb&j scenes and i really loved that letter claire wrote about the survivors to put it on the bird

i really hope that some way or another jack and claire find out their brother and sister *crosses fingers*

i found it funny when sawyer was gonna give claire a nickname but then sun was giving him evils and he said her proper name

jack and tom at the end haha, they are gonna be the first cannon couple i think they are so cute together haha, they could be sharing a house

did anyone else find then when locke pushed that guy (can't spell him name so i'm not even gonna atempt lol) into the security system that when he was being whatevered by the system it was disgusting when all that stuff came out his mouth and the blood was spirting out his ear like a waterfountain.

and i had an idea was the security thing the line that tom warned jack, locke, sawyer and kate about crossing i don't remember whether it was ever brought up what the line was
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to answer why I like Charlie because frankly I don't think I'll change anyone's mind and I don't want to move Claire's episode into a Charlie-hate fest.

But I'll say one thing...

Quote:
Charlie is just such a jerk so often, to the girl he supposedly loves that I just can't believe his character anymore.
How about how much Claire's been a jerk to him?? I've been a jerk to my boyfriend and he's been a jerk to me a lot of times. It's normal human behavior. And for the record, I think Charlie been overall nicer to Claire than being a jerk. Gee - the guy die 3 or 4 times because he was doing stuff for her. And as a mom myself, I can sure appreciate a guy who would help with the baby.

How about how much Sawyer's been a jerk to everybody in the first 2 season????? It's nothing compared to Charlie. How come Charlie doesn't get any slack?? A cranky comment and he's crucified. I don't get it. I feel nauseous.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay well- a few things going on here (in Kate's mind):

1.) What the hell?

2.) What the hell? Sawyer and I were tortured and put into slave labor, but youre just having a good ol' time playing football.

3.) What the hell? Youre not angry?

4.) What the hell? You dont give a rats ass about the rest of us anymore?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!1!!!11!!

I loved this ep.

Good to see Claire and Jin and Sun getting some screen time.

So pleased Claire finally got another flashback ep. Poor thing's only had one and that was waaaay back in Season 1! Ok there was Maternity Leave but it wasn't a flashback really.
I liked the flashbacks though. Although we'd all suspected it since Two for the Road, it was great that it was finally confirmed that Christian is Claire's father. My guess is that they will eventually find out. I think that the others already know this, after all they told Jack that they know all about him. Maybe Juliet will tel him...

I liked Locke a lot more in this ep too. I refuse to give up on him!
So, he did know about the explosives! I'm guessing that there was more on that video after he entered 77!

hehe, Squee for Jack and Tom!!! OTP!!!

haha WTF is with Claire's hair??? When did she get a fringe put in? The must be somekind of hair salon hatch somewhere! That would explain where Sawyer gets his conditioner from!

Speaking of Sawyer... Sorry Aislynn but I have to agree with Jen on the Sawyer thing. I love him, I really do but why do they try and push him in to every ep! Why did they have that shot of him at the end too when he wasn't really in the ep?

I love LOST! Can't wait for next week!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pretty decent episode. And I'm going to have to run away immediately after I say this, but the reason that I didn't LOVE it was because I'm not particularly fond of Claire. *ducks*

I guess it was pretty cool that we FINALLY got an answer and it was confirmed Christian is Claire's father. And I really did like seeing Claire in that different rebellous light, instead of her angelic persona. Plus, seeing Claire doing piercings - completely unprecented! I didn't quite understand how long it was from when Claire and her mom were in that accident and when Claire goes back to visit her, pregnant. Was it years, a few months?

And we're assuming that Claire's mom is still alive, right?

I really liked the Desmond and Charlie stuff. I think the only reason that Charlie was so harsh to Claire's ideas is because he DID sort of KNOW that he would die doing something for her. Desmond made that pretty clear even if it was through a glare from across the beach. And Charlie and Claire did make up at the end which was done in a really sweet way.

I loved the Jin scenes. He's grown on me so much! I really liked the Sayid/Locke/Kate/Danielle scenes too. Though the writers have furthered my dislike of Locke. Why can't he just think through or talk through things! *facepalm*

About the Claire hair-do: I like her new on-island bangs look. I think it's really endearing. Completely unrealistic (but then again she's always wearing make-up, etc, on the island), but cute. I didn't notice a color change though.

About the Sawyer appearance: I kind of am going both ways. I thought Sawyer's line in the beginning was appropriate (and funny since it reminded us of last week's pact), but the ending where they just showed him reading while Charlie read over Claire's note seemed out of place. It was like they just figured to stick him somewhere.

Overall, decent ep. I am really excited that we will get to see
Spoiler:

how Locke became paralyzed

next week! Finally!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: