Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clip Theft: A Serious Issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
somehow i doubt that Kate probably was made to. or maybe they were told if they didnt; there account would be removed? at least there gone; and what a surprise, no vids of their own to submit

No, he actually removed the vids himself I wanted to have a look at his *cough cough* Everything vid page and it said that the vid was removed by the user. That's unbelievable!! That guy seems to have a lil bit of senses left after all!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well I was right! Hard to believe though, but yeah maybe there is a slight bit of sense in that person!

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok the chick who copied my whiskey lullabye vid took it off youtube and has now loaded it up again and it looks even more like mine. She uses half of my scenes!!!

MINE - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=496igS6i6vE
HERS - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v6lcKl0Tk-E

can people comment on the simiarities? I mean, no one likes seeing two vids about the same things. its annoying me so much! she doesn't even credit me! And it annoys me that in her videos that she's made, three of them are vids done to songs that i vidded to first made after mine; i feel like she's stealing my ideas!! she took my claire being 'drunk scene' and used my sepia toned scenes, its so irritating!!

Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the vids side by side and I just left a comment on her vid.
I mean I was angry from all the similiarties and lack of originality on her part but then I noticed that she also stole the clip that you created of Jack reading the note Charlie wrote. And that really got the steam coming from my ears

I don't know it makes me sad and I feel bad for anyone this happens to ... you can check out what I wrote the part that's bolded in case she deletes it before you see it...
Littleton had this idea first - I mean if you want to use the song and Charlie and Claire to tell a story- that's fine, but I'm sure if you are creative enough - you can tell a whole other story that makes both vids different.
Also the clip that Littleton used in her vid of Jack reading the note. Littleton herself manip that scene herself funny how it also ended up in your vid as well - you do know what clip theft is - right?!

... I was going to post a long respose but of course youtube only allows 500 characters ... but I hope what I posted - will get across. This crap has to stop!!

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to go have a look at your clip thefter, Kat... But, strangely enough, the other vid is now gone! Geesh, why do people bother to do stuff like that? How much fun can it possibly be just to steal somebody else's ideas and clips and entire vids? How would you ever feel good about all the nice things people said about it even if you got away with it? *shakes head* I'm glad she took it down again, at least!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ais *hugs*

yeah its gone now; surprise; surprise. does she think i wouldn't know? she's the whole reason i started tagging my vids at least its gone

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks, Kat! Glad she took that down!

Why do people feel the need to be such idiots at times?
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the annebelleob (whatever) person, did yall see this? I checked their page, saw a vid to It Ends Tonight which I've vidded to and thought "here we go again", but it's another fandom vid with this message (and if I'm not supposed to post this here, lol, sorry):

"If you've seen the comments on my page you'll know I didnt make those other videos but stole them.
I removed the videos and recieved comments such as "shes so pathetic, i didnt expect her to have any videos of her own"
So I made this video about Doctor Who series 3. It's only short cause I made it in 4 or so hours.
I really want comments of improvment and once more Im so sorry to those who i stole from"

A few shreds of decency??
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care, she was so rude when stealing all our member's vids that she doesn't deserve to get any nice comments. Its not like she accidentally posted them up; she did it on purpose and pissed off a lot off ppl. no sympathy from me.

thanks for posting that up heather

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! She got attention from the stolen stuff so I guess she thinks now she'll get attention for trying to be nice. Nope, doesn't work that way!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think that one could be stolen; she just figured out how to tag it. plenty of ppl dont post their vids on youtube; they just have them available to d/load. i for sure wont comment

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel wrote:
As for the annebelleob (whatever) person, did yall see this? I checked their page, saw a vid to It Ends Tonight which I've vidded to and thought "here we go again", but it's another fandom vid with this message (and if I'm not supposed to post this here, lol, sorry):

"If you've seen the comments on my page you'll know I didnt make those other videos but stole them.
I removed the videos and recieved comments such as "shes so pathetic, i didnt expect her to have any videos of her own"
So I made this video about Doctor Who series 3. It's only short cause I made it in 4 or so hours.
I really want comments of improvment and once more Im so sorry to those who i stole from"

A few shreds of decency??

"And once more I'm so sorry to those who I stole from"

???

I never got any kind of apology from her (but then again I used the "Block User" option on her)! Instead, she sent me a message earlier, saying something like she might remove the vids if I kindly ask her to after I told her to take them down. WTF! She won't get any sympathy or comments or whatsoever else from me, either.

Anyway, I can't be bothered with this any more.

Kat, it really sucks that someone stole and copied your vid, but it has been removed by the vidder, hasn't it?
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was removed, then she reloaded it. i think its been removed again, ill check. thanks for the understanding

EDIT; yes, its gone ppl complained for me

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that sucks to everyone who gets vids stolen. I get fanfiction and fanfic ideas/OOC's/lines stolen all the time ... It's stupid. But I've never had a vid stolen that I knwo of. I suppose that right is reserved for you amazing vidders. hehe Not that it's a good thing.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys just looking on youtube, and yet another one of heather's videos has been stolen

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K_FGfS5EBUE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: