Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post a photo of yourself 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, it was so much fun. Though, honestly I hated the day with the exterior shots because it was December and I was freezing my A-- off!!! I was outside for about 8 hours just to walk across a parking lot and hang by a car, lol!

The classroom scenes were the best though. I got to do two days of those, so hopefully I'll be in another episode. Haha!!

http://www.youtube.com/geminivids
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took these with my iphone....thought they were kinda cool

Spoiler:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were they nice on set?

On IMDB.Com you hear a lot of extras go on there and complain about the work/stars.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the pictures, Nik!

That's soooo cool, Sara!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
Were they nice on set?

On IMDB.Com you hear a lot of extras go on there and complain about the work/stars.

Oh they were incredibly nice! There's some sets that don't allow you to talk to the crew/actors and they are really uptight about it. A lot of the extras were talking to me about places they had worked that wasn't so good, like the walking dead had basically just left their extras in the sun without offering them water or anything to eat. Which is pretty bad. I think they actually reported them, so they're treated better now. haha!

Technically, when you're an extra you're not *supposed* to talk to the actors or crew because they are working and whatnot, but they were all initiating conversations on set, which made it a very relaxed atmosphere... There was this crew guy that actually went around applying foam squares on the girls high heels and I was talking to him while he was bent over doing my shoes (lol!)- he was telling me this story about how he'd been working on Walking Dead and this crew member had volunteered to go into the water to do some reflection work and acted all boastful about it to the other crew, because he was thinking he'd get to be all cool in the water (it was a hot, hot day), but when he came out he was covered head-to-toe in leeches!! lol!

I got to spend a lot of time with Dylan and Tyler, they are 19 and they really do sort of act it (lol, they were showing off for the girls) but I had a lot of fun with them because they were goofy and so am I. But yeah, They were very chatty and friendly.

There was one day when I was stuck in a room with the 2 actors with a few other extras for about 4 hours. The crew were having technical difficulties with the sound.

The director was a bit frenzied and came into the room we were placed inside, instructing the actors that they were supposed to "open the door when they came out" and he left without much of a word just shutting us all in with a slamming door. We were all like: 0_o

So the 2 actors started being goofy, acting like they weren't sure how to open the door ("But...what's THAT for??"... "I think you're supposed to push here and there....") and I was playing along with them giving them very unhelpful instructions. LOL.

Well, finally, when they started doing the scene, the guy that plays the sidekick, Dylan, was having terrible allergies and so he'd be messing up his lines and we kept having to restart in the room we were walking out of.

So, after at least 5 takes...I was restarting and an extra friend (that I'd met on set and we'd been hanging out) whispered to me that they were picking up this phantom ringing that had been coming from the school. LOL, So I knew that this particular take Dylan hadn't screwed up his line.

Well, as the other extras came in, so did Dylan, and one of the other extras says to him encouragingly, "You'll get it!" and Dylan says, "Oh no, I was perfect that time!" and I said very seriously, "Um...actually they said you were opening the door wrong."

I have never gotten a better reaction.

He leaped back at least 4 feet, looking astounded! All of the other extras just burst out laughing (especially since he'd been acting stupid like he didn't know how to open the door) "Are you kidding with me?!" and I finally smiled and nodded. It was hilarious! I never expected such a reaction!

I honestly had so much fun with all the people there... The extras were all crazy, artsy, theater-types-- basically, just my type. LOL!

The only bad part was the cold. There was absolutely no heat in the school we filmed at, because it's old and outdated and not even in use. The extras holding area was FREEZING cold, and there were no heaters for us. The only heaters were these tubes and they did not heat up our area very effectively. The other part was just the long agonizing waiting for some periods of time. You basically just have to stay where ever they put you, so you don't have the option to go get a coat unless given permission. So yeah, I didn't enjoy that aspect, and the fact the coffee was always cold, as was the working water to wash your hands! lol! But other than that, it was great fun.

emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool pictures, Nikki!! SO pretty!

Ooh that's awesome Sara!! It sounds so much fun, well, apart from the cold

klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a few pics of my vacation at Disney and Universal

Spoiler:

Disney World
lookie it's me and my house

-
Universal - WWOHP

thats all i have uploaded so far!
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would post a pic of me.. I love seeing all the pics!!!!

I would have it behind a spolier thing, but I dont know how to do it...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmy...haha you and Disney! You are so obsessed! But I love that!

Nikki to add a spoiler tag just click the spoiler button, then paste the link then click the spoiler button again to close the tag. BTW y ou look very pretty in that picture.

ooops and I just realized I was signed onto Kat and my shared account...this is NikkiMonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, Nikki, what a beautiful picture! You remind me very much of a friend of mine.

@Kimmy-- is that a picture of the Hogwarts castle in the second 2 pics? Ahh! I want to go there! haha!

Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dyed my hair this week!! Before and after pics

Spoiler:

Before:

After:

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the hair Millie and Love your banner too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millie, I love your hair so much!

art by me&tammy
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so yeah, this was today....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your so pretty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: