Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"On Fire" by jamiekiss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: "On Fire" by jamiekiss Reply with quote

"On Fire" 05-06-2006
Sawyer loves Kate Kate loves Jack Jack is oblivious to both.
Song: Bruce Springstein by On Fire
Vidder: jamiekiss
Length: 2:36 (6.23mb wmv)

Link: http://media.putfile.com/On-Fire-77

jamiekiss
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to add that this is my first video and I hope you guys enjoy it. Advice and tips are also always appreciated.
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jamiekiss,

welcome to LVI!

I think your vid was good for your first one. I liked how you were trying to go with a jack/kate/sawyer one, the only thing is, I couldnt really tell who Kate wanted to be with in this vid.
also, you chose a pretty hard song to vid. Maybe next time choose a song with a more interesting/ fast beat so you can work with putting clips to the beat, or if you choose a slow song, probably try and find one thats like a love song that peaple can understand the words.
you might also want to try more effects and transitions, you have to work with holding the viewer's attention. what video maker do you use?
Have you seen Hobbes' videos for begginers?
http://www.lostvideo.net/beginners.php?PHPSESSID=4b965572ec21d3af7859e212865c4314

Hope that helps!!!

Just some suggestions! I do think your vid is great though! Good job!!

just to let everyone know,
me + spelling = hjansbdadfk;a
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jamiekiss
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much, I was beginning to think no one had seen it. I use WMM. I noticed on the other videos how the clips transition from one to the other smoothly...there were a couple of mine that I couldn't get to do that and they ended up looking kinda choppy...can anyone help me with that? Thank you!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Jamie! About your question, the best way I've found with WMM to try and keep things looking more smoothly (especially if you're trying to make a scene "longer" by cutting out a reaction shot of someone else and just staying on the one person) is to expand the timeline out all of the way, then fade the second clip just a little bit into the first one.

You can play around with it to see how much fade makes it look better. Sometimes a bigger fade looks better, sometimes just a little one looks better. But that can help avoid that "jerk" you get in the image otherwise with no fading. Hope that helps!
jamiekiss
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much. I'll give that a shot and see what I can to. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: