Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x07 - "The Other 48 Days" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, he was an a--hole. He was good. but an a--hole
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah.... but Bernard was being a sissy

Okay, you have to die now.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Okay, you have to die now.

You know I say it because I love him

Here's an intetresting thing... Goodwin said he was in the Peace Core. If it was just a cover story, why make something as advanced as that? Possibly he thinks what he does as an Other is somehting he thinks is keeping peace?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason the writers threw that in there is to have the ana-lucia interaction.

"They still have that?"
"I'm just glad someone your age even knows what that is."
lostlover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: like the episode Reply with quote

No backstory, thank you! I will have to check out the writers of this. A lot of good stuff. Anna Lucia, seems to be a know it all who is always wrong. In other words reminds me of a lot of people. Jin coming to the island 1-2 hours prior to Sawyer and Michael is possible, but still a longshot and big snafu for lost writers. Can't figure out why others didnt just invite them in when they first arrived to the island, then capture them all at night or better opportunity.
Still rather neat episode.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it just me or did they not get up to much during their 48 days? They got attacked the first night and the 7th night I think. Then they wandered off into the jungle and made encampment and then Ana killed Goodwin and she dug the pit WITH HER BARE HANDS (practically) lol I really think they should have made this a 2 hour episode. 5 minutes extra was just weird.

And I still hate Ana. The crying scene was a blatant effort to buy sympathy and I aint buying today thanks not when the crying meant absolutely nothing. She had just gone into a jungle with an evil psychopath with the intent of taking him on to the death. For me she is one twisted motha who is a bossyboots to boot and she killed one of my favourite characters so yep I can't avoid hating her at the minute.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah lol, at least they ATTEMPTED to write how the hell Jin got there...wouldnt he have drowned? But anyway, I think it explains a lot about Ana Lucia- shes like an aggressive Jack. I thought the most truthful thing was when Jack said "everyone wants me to be a leader until they dont like my decision". Very true in life! I suspected Goodwin...

I think she didnt plan to kill him, I think she was trying to get information out of him, and with the other people around they wouldve derailed her attempts. I mean I think she knew he killed Nathan in cold blood. Practically everyone hated Sawyer at the beginning, now hes one of the most popular people. We still havent gotten any background on her.

Also (ducks knifves from Locke supporters) Goodwin reminded me of Locke in his apathy. Just something about his manner- Im willing to say that something happened to Locke in WALKABOUT when he was approached by the beast or whatever. I'd still trust Eku WAY more than I trust Locke. And the whole "Nathan wasnt a good person" was Locke-esque.

You cant remain a pacifist and be on the defensive if the "other side" is NOT going to play by your rules. I cant imagine the others are trying to help anyone by randomly killing people (anyone else remember Scott, and now Nathan?). You have to be tough. I think her hope died, and she was trying to simply "survive".

PS- anyone else get a little choked up on hearing Boone's voice on the other end?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's episode KICKED ASS!

I was a little worried that an episode that didn't have any of our "regular" characters in it wouldn't hold my interest, but I found myself very invested in the story of the tailies.

Also, NO FLASHBACKS!!! *does happy dance* I'm so beyond sick of the flashbacks right now (well, not really the flashbacks themselves, more the fact that we spend SO MUCH TIME on the flashbacks when cool things are happening on the island), so it was nice to see an episode that had NONE (though I suppose one could argue the whole episode WAS one big flashback). I realize that the flashbacks will be coming back next week, but hopefully the writers can start using them a little less frequently. Is that too much to ask? Probably. *sigh*

Anyway, on to the episode.

Let me just say that I love love LOVE Mr. Eko (or Mistereko or Mr. Echo...everyone keeps spelling it differently...I'll just call him "Eko" from here on in!) and Libby! They are totally my new favorite characters!

I am a *little* bit more sympathetic to Ana-Lucia now. A little. Meaning I don't outright hate her, and I can understand a lot of her actions a bit better now. Also it was good to see that her shooting Shannon was, in fact, a complete accident. She could barely make out who was in the woods. Still a little reckless, but in no way cold-blooded.

I still don't actively LIKE her though. I can respect what she was trying to do, because I honestly think she means well and is trying to do right by the other survivors in her group because she feels responsible for their safety. She still doesn't have to be such a huge bitch all the time though.

I'm not sure I agree with everything she did either, she seems like a bit of a wild woman at times, acting a little too irrationally. But I'm willing to wait on her back story before judging her completely. She may have (at least in her mind) justification for her actions because of things that happened to her in the past.

The whole opening sequence was mind-bogglingly awesome! The tail section of the plane crashing in the ocean KICKED ASS! The cinemetography for that whole scene was a vidder's dream!

The whole Bernard-in-the-tree scene was excellent. I like him and can't wait to see him and Rose reunited.

Those poor kids I wonder if the "other" carrying the teddy bear a few episodes back WAS one of the kids or just took the bear from them.

Oh Eko, how much do I love you? A LOT! The 40 days of silence thing was intriguing. That along with the bible made me think he might possibly be a priest or a minister or something. Of course I could be way way off with that too. Seems like every time I actually post a theory it ends up being totally wrong.

I loved the Ana breakdown scene, not because of Ana, but because of Eko. What a sweet guy! Yeah, I love him. New favorite character. SO MUCH LOVE!

And Libby! How much does she rock! Her setting that guy's (disgusting) broken leg, while gross, was very cool. I love that they have someone on the island who is a psychologist, should make for some interesting psychoanalysis, especially once they join up with the main characters.

The only part of this episode that didn't work for me were the quick cutting slo-mo renditions of scenes we'd already seen with Sawyer, Jin, and Michael. I understand completely why they were there (as they had to show at least a little scene about every single day), but the slo-mo thing seemed a little off to me. Though I suppose that was better than them wasting time showing those entire scenes again (then we would have had the "they showed it THREE FRIGGING TIMES!" Jack/Desmond gun standoff revisited--which would have sucked).

I'm glad we got a little more info about the Others, who they are, and what their agenda is. Not a lot, but a nice little taste. Should make for some interesting theories.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some important points right now, but this post has gone on long enough!

Great episode, can't wait for next week!

Figures, as soon as I make a post about Lost going downhill, they pull out all the stops and go back to being awesome again. I'm sorry, Lost! I'll never doubt you again! OK, I might, but keep putting out episodes like this one and I won't have to!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw it. And may I say that I am madly in love with Mr. Eko and Bernard? (However, it's a different kind of "madly in love" than my "madly in love with Desmond and Charlie". I don't know how to explain it other than that.)

Tail/Front reunion I'm looking forward to the most: Rose/Bernard. *love* Then Sun/Jin, then Sun/Michael, then Vincent/Michael. Yeah, I'm odd.

I still don't like Ana-Lucia. But my hatred has dimmed somewhat.

Loving Libby. Really hope fan spec that she's a plant isn't true. Also loved Cindy. Wish she hadn't had to go. But I understand from a storytelling point why she couldn't make it to the rest of the survivors.

Mainly, I'm just in total fangirl adoration of Mr. Eko and Bernard.

sig by niki blue
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
And I still hate Ana. The crying scene was a blatant effort to buy sympathy and I aint buying today thanks not when the crying meant absolutely nothing. She had just gone into a jungle with an evil psychopath with the intent of taking him on to the death. For me she is one twisted motha who is a bossyboots to boot and she killed one of my favourite characters so yep I can't avoid hating her at the minute.

Couldn't have said it any better Pauly
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man and all this hatred from the same people who defend Locke and love Sawyer now...

I agree about the slow mo scenes at the end. Also I must say it wouldve been a cool start to show her eye opening but underwater.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Man and all this hatred from the same people who defend Locke and love Sawyer now...

I agree about the slow mo scenes at the end. Also I must say it wouldve been a cool start to show her eye opening but underwater.

I feel you RS. I know you've seen my anti-bashing new blood topic and any of the rest of you probably know where I stand on bashing. So I'm going to avoid repeating myself another twenty times...lol.

Anyway, yeah that would have been a coold shot if they had a shot of her opening her eyes underwater.

I personally really liked the way they cut together the end of the episode. BUt that could be the artistic editor in me. I tell you being a film major has really changed the way I look at TV now. I have a whole new respect for everything I see on TV.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
harpreetd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everyone, anyways i also thought that episode was soo perfect. What sucked was i was having so much fun that it ended right before my eyes...

Ana Lucia should be given a chance because she is a good character, as this episode showed. The mistakes she makes is only because of the rough life that she has, if you really wanna understand her wait till you know her story.

I loved how they pulled it all together, very superb!

For the most part, im really interested in the confrontation of Jack and Ana Lucia. Did you notice Jack getting shocked at the notice of Ana Lucia?
This is gonna be soo cool...
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last nights episode was just pure awesome. Theres not one bad thing I can say about it, I absolutely loved it. Especially the opening scene with the ass end of the plane coming down and colliding with the water, crashing into the surface and that wheel or whatever it was flying right into the camera/screen. I was like "Woah!" Very cool.
I also loved the shot of Ana's veiw coming out of the water all disoriented, the camera shaking, the waves, everything about that shot was just amazing. I totally got goosebumps.

It was SO nice to finally get an episode without flasbacks, like what Ringwench said. The episode was very well writen and it kept my attention span throughout the entire show.

Now with Ana, I still like Ana Lucia and I think she's an awesome character. Infact I probably like her even more now after last nights ep. Atleast she wasn't a total bitch in this one, well she wasn't at the beginning anyway. lol.
But I must say that I for one happen to enjoy her bitchiness. I think her character would be not quite right without it. I mean just picture her character like Claire's. I just can't see her all nice and cutesy like that.
Don't get me wrong because everyone knows how much I LOVE Claire. I'm probably one of the biggest PB&Jers out there & I also like Ana, but, in completely different ways. I love Claire for her sweet and kind personality and I love Ana for her pure bitchiness. lol.

Ana's breakdown scene was great, I thought MR did such a fantastic job with that scene and her performance. I felt for her, all the crap that happened to her and the rest of her group, it's amazing how long she held on for that long without shedding a tear. I was just waiting for her crack too. lol.
Awww.....and Mr. Echo trying to comfort her, he's a sweetie.
Libby and Bernard were cool too. I didn't think I would like these new characters but I LOVE them.

Oh and I totally didn't even notice that that Cindy woman was the stuartist on the plane. The one that gave Jack the alcohol in the pilot and asked Charlie if she could get him anything in the second ep of the first season. It just dawned on me about half way through last nights ep. lol.
What can i say other then I'm slow. LOL

Anyway Loved this episode and next weeks looks awesome too.
I CAN"T WAIT!!!!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the episode, and it was soooooo great.

And I got a theory ( Hey my first so please tell me what you think about it ^^)

Ok, here we go (ehm.. do I have to put a spoiler for That?)

This Godwin was definitely one of 'the others' like Ethan.

So we know there ist this one station, where every 108 minutes a button must be pushed. For sure thats a test or something.

I think 'the others' have a station too, and their job is to get 'good people' like Godwin said. so Claire and Walt were the only good people. Remember Ethan only wanted to have Claire, he wanted to kill all others.

So I think 'the others' aren't really bad. They think it's the right thing to do. For it was drummed into them.

And I think, that 'the others' don't know anything about the other stations. You noticed Godwins look, when Ana find the door to the bunker?

So there are 3 Stations every one with another task. And I think 'they' planned that Ana and co. find that one, so that they are unconscious part of another test.

So now you could ask, how did they made the to plain crash? Electromagnetically disturbances !

And i noticed, that the radio they found in the station, was the same that was on the plane. The one Sayid heard the transmission with. Another proof, that it was all planned?

And what about Ana knows that the knive was 20 years old? I think she was in the US Army, and I think she knows Sayid from somewhere.

So what do you think about that?

And now we now it was an accident. And I like Ana a bit more now. Sure it is inexcusable, but, what can we do. I think she will blame herself for that. Maybe it will take a while, but she will. This scene with Mr. Eko was very pathetic and I don't think she really is that tough girl she pretends to be.

Mr Eko definately is one of my favorite charactera now. Love him ^^

AND I do think this plush bear ist EXACTLY the same we saw a few episodes befor. AND I think the one who was carrying it, was one of the kids they have taken.

Our Last Days -The official Casshern Web Site

Last edited by Ivy on Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: