Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x14 The Candidate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else find it really funny when jack was like "THERE IS NO SAYID" lmao. i keep watching that pt over and over, its so funny
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I thought it was funny in a strange way. It was just weird how he said it,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL that was hilarious, I think I remember laughing as well. It's terribly funny, emphasis on terrible, but still... it was funny

Okay, so... Sun/Jin was sad, but I couldn't bring myself to get too upset over it, because I don't believe it. My theory is that everyone is going to start dropping dead, and soon.

Some of my friends seem to think that Jack will be the one to take over Jacob's place, but after last night's episode that seems unlikely to me, simply because they killed so many characters. I feel like they're going to kill off everyone in the "real" time line and somehow have them all "wake up" in the AU. At least at this point I HOPE they will, because I wouldn't want to live in a world where Jin and Sun are dead and little Ji Yeon has no parents!

At this point I'm just along for the ride, lol. I've exhausted myself theorizing for years, so now I'm just sitting back, relaxing, and seeing what comes next! I've taken to drinking with my best friend when we watch now... we take a shot everytime there is a jackface, lmfao. We also have other weird little rules that we make up as we go along such as, "Claire acts crazy and you have to drink" and things like that. Three episodes left; I'm excited and melancholic. You best believe that I will be riding this to the very end, along with my best friend that I started watching Lost with, and our other best friend, aka a bottle of Malibu.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Jourdan! I love you! I think your theory might be right too!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Nikki, I love you too! I certainly hope it's right... but how can it not be? Like seriously, FOUR characters in one episode? Who does that without some sort of backup plan to make it all okay? I have more faith in the writers than that, lol.

I loved that Jate moment though! And lol at all your comments about how you're finally happy to have a clip of Kate getting hurt so you don't have to manip it anymore, lol! I'm looking forward to see you utilize it in a vid!

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
soapbubbles511
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*wanders into thread* but my little Lost heart is still curled up in a ball in the corner

JUN!!! *heart... breaks* and I must say I was so very torn during their last scene... part of me really wanted him to stay and for them to die together... but part of me wanted her to remind him of their daughter and convince him to go... it breaks my heart that he never met his daughter... and as gut wrenching as it would have been for him to leave her behind, we could have at least maybe gotten a scene where he meets Ji Yeon for the first time and it would have almost kind of a little bit been alright...

I didn't really start crying until Hurley started crying ... Jack totally killed the mood though... all his cry!faces just about made me giggle

I'm really ok with how Sayid went though... he got to die a hero, sacrificed himself for the other Losties... he seemed to have snapped out of the Flocke induced haze... and Nadia's already dead, maybe he can have some peace in death... still sad, but I'm really ok with it
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Just watched. Just cried for about twenty minutes. So, yeah, Lost, way to kill my favorites.

FLocke = evil. C'mon, can anyone deny that now???

It about killed me when they were leaving Claire behind AGAIN. Tears almost started there, she just looked so horrified and betrayed.

Really good episode, although incredibly sad.

Why was no one, like, upset when Sayid exploded? I was....

I can't say I expected Sun and Jin to die at this point. I thought if they'd made it this far they'd make it to the end. Guess not.

At least Sayid died like a soldier, to save everyone else. Man! It's going to be so weird without Sayid around. I mean, he's the one who's ALWAYS been there no matter what was going on.

Sigh. This episode saddened me a lot. I just hope Claire and Hurley make it.

Edit: Ooh, wowsies, I can't believe all the Sawyer hate going on in this thread. The only thing that pissed me off was him leaving Claire behind AGAIN - now, I've never been a Conmama fan but since when does he not CARE about her???

But as for the bomb, people - c'mon. There's a bomb that says it's going to go off in three minutes and kill you. Honestly....what was he supposed to do? Yes, Jack was right, but how many people would want to sit there and take that risk. Sayid told Sawyer that pulling out the wires might stop the bomb. So, we could also hold Sayid responsible if we want to look at it that way. It's not like Sawyer meant for anyone to die.

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always knew Flock was evil and that he had to have them dead to do whatever it is he needed.

Because the moment he said 'it's just an island', I knew he was up to something. Because even someone who doesn't like the island, knows it's not just your average island.

"They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same".

MIB didn't like when people came here, he didn't want people on the island.

The losties were no exception to this.

My issue with Sawyer getting slack on this is if the roles were reversed.

If Sawyer was the one who told Jack to wait and Jack pushed Sayid out of the way and did it anyway, Jack would be HATED for this, blamed for the entire thing. Everyone would bitch that Jack should have listened, but when Sawyer does something wrong they cut him slack, the people who say 'it's wrong', have people who are upset at them.

It's all opinions, people shouldn't be made to feel that they're wrong if they blame someone.

Last edited by Brooke on Thu May 06, 2010 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right?! I've heard people saying maybe Flocke had the right idea and Jacob was the bad one, but I'm just like, come on. He's killing people and corrupting people....and besides, look what he did to Claire!! She's so intimidated by him!

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Right?! I've heard people saying maybe Flocke had the right idea and Jacob was the bad one, but I'm just like, come on. He's killing people and corrupting people....and besides, look what he did to Claire!! She's so intimidated by him!

His evil was sensed the way he played both Claire and Kate.

His actions and his mannerisms gave him away.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
If Sawyer was the one who told Jack to wait and Jack pushed Sayid out of the way and did it anyway, Jack would be HATED for this, blamed for the entire thing. Everyone would bitch that Jack should have listened, but when Sawyer does something wrong they cut him slack, the people who say 'it's wrong', have people who are upset at them.

It's all opinions, people shouldn't be made to feel that they're wrong if they blame someone.

Peace and love and all that jazz (see, my new banner even says "love"!):

The problem with your explanation, unless I'm missing something, is that Jack would be responsible for all of it, on a factual, practical level (assuming Flocke bears no responsibility, for the sake of argument.) He'd have done Action A (mistakenly carrying bomb aboard sub) and Action B (mistakenly pulling out wires.)

Sawyer in this scenario only did Action B, the wires. Jack's still responsible for Action A. If Sawyer carried the bomb on (though I don't know how) and Jack set it off, they'd still split responsibility in my book. In my case, anyway, it's not a shifting of blame from Sawyer to Jack or vice-versa: It's a split between them.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
Brooke wrote:

Peace and love and all that jazz (see, my new banner even says "love"!):

The problem with your explanation, unless I'm missing something, is that Jack would be responsible for all of it, on a factual, practical level (assuming Flocke bears no responsibility, for the sake of argument.) He'd have done Action A (mistakenly carrying bomb aboard sub) and Action B (mistakenly pulling out wires.)

Sawyer in this scenario only did Action B, the wires. Jack's still responsible for Action A. If Sawyer carried the bomb on (though I don't know how) and Jack set it off, they'd still split responsibility in my book. In my case, anyway, it's not a shifting of blame from Sawyer to Jack or vice-versa: It's a split between them.

I know you would think that, bust most people wouldn't.

They're all three responsible, but I think if Jack pulled the wires, he wouldn't be given the slack that Sawyer is given. If that makes sense. He would get the sole of the blame from fans.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jack had listened to Sayid, I really would not have been angry at him. (Well, I probably would have yelled STUPID but I yell that at Jack all the time...among other people...)

Until I started reading this thread, I didn't even realize people WERE assigning blame. It's Flocke's fault. I bet if the timer had gone down it would have exploded anyway.

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
If Jack had listened to Sayid, I really would not have been angry at him. (Well, I probably would have yelled STUPID but I yell that at Jack all the time...among other people...)

Until I started reading this thread, I didn't even realize people WERE assigning blame. It's Flocke's fault. I bet if the timer had gone down it would have exploded anyway.

My opinion about the matter is Sawyer should have let Sayid deal with the bomb because Sayid knew what he was doing.

I don't think it would have exploded. Flocke can't kill them, and him setting off the bomb would have done just that, so it wouldn't have gone off. I also think it showed Jack's faith in Jacob as well, IE the scene with Richard.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My relationship with Sawyer is probably your relationship with Jack.

I can't help it. LOL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: