Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x13 - The Last Recruit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
blackwolf1480 wrote:
I like putting apple sause on mash potatos, grilled cheese, and loads of other foods. You might call me crazy for doing that, but I think it tastes great!

Ah, Serena, you haven't been introduced to The Vermonter yet, have you? As the name implies, it's a common sandwich around these parts. Ham, fried apples, apple butter, melted cheddar cheese, and generally raisin bread or some other thick, grainy bread. You'd like it!

My bit of craziness: I never liked carbonated drinks, even as a kid. I still don't drink 'em. But this is afield.

Yummm, I'll have to make that sometime, Kate!

Serena
art by: maja&tammy
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this episode was with everyone and their sideways world The way that everyone is being connected. It was nice to see there be a relationship between Jack and his father Oh smack bang and there was Claire, nice to see them meet in the au world aswell knowing they are brother and sister.
Awww it was nice to know that Sun's baby was fine
Oooh I was waiting for Jack to ask him whether he had been his father or not and knew he'd be like yeah that was me lol.
I was so hoping Sawyer was hitting on Kate tehe. Loved that scene
Awww I loved the Jack and Claire scene, like their first 'brother sister' chat.
Awww I hope they can somehow turn Claire good again, it's kinda showing with the emotions.
Awww at Sun and Jin's reuinion Bless he gave her, her voice back.
Grrr hate Widmore going back on his word to Sawyer (N) Talk about suckish
Don't like either that Jack is with Flocke When I don't like the guy but wish he wouldn't have sided him with.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming in late on this, as always. School has just been THROTTLING me lately! So I have to find time to catch up on the episodes. I really want to watch next week's when it's on TV, but we'll see.

What. The. Eff. Seriously, what the hell is going on with Jate/Skate? It's driving me NUTS. I used to LOVE Jate, but now I really don't care--it's all about Suliet. If they end this series with skate it will be such a cheap cop out--but ONLY because they created Suliet. If they had never done Suliet and then wanted to end it with Skate I'd be pissed, but at least I would be able to UNDERSTAND it.

Like, what was with him looking at her when the Jun reunion was going on? What is going on in the AU? If they have a "love" connection and remember I am seriously going to lose it. Which could be what they are going for, because the whole thing with Juliet and how she was like, "We weren't supposed to be together" (I'm paraphrasing here, so don't quote me).

And it's just looking more and more to me like Jack is supposed to become the new Jacob, which is just SUCH bull. If anyone, it should have been Locke, who loved the island. I just won't be able to buy that as a future for Jack. It will just make me sad, because I still love him.

Jun reunion was awesome! And I kept getting goosebumps in the AU with all the connections that are going on! It's all really coming together and it's very exciting.

I didn't buy that Smoky was Christian either.

And, lastly... I hate to say this because she was my favorite female character, but Kate is just pissing me off. Probably because there's still a part of me that is Jate4life and she's treating Jack like crap. Do you know how badly I wanted her to go after him??? It's just like she doesn't give a flying eff about him when they were going to get married. She had to love him at some point. I would have never let him go! Hahaha.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, completely randomly, are you from Vermont, Kate?

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
[I]t will be such a cheap cop out

Pun intended?

(I still hate the Sawyer-as-cop plot.)

Nope. Albany, NY: Close enough for culinary sharing!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
If they end this series with skate it will be such a cheap cop out--but ONLY because they created Suliet. If they had never done Suliet and then wanted to end it with Skate I'd be pissed, but at least I would be able to UNDERSTAND it.

I feel exactly the same way!! If Skate is endgame; it makes Suliet a waste of time.

And regarding Jate for the next ep...

Spoiler:

they do end up together, whether its him going after her or her going after him I'm not sure, but there are some good Jate scenes on their way

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
riay_night wrote:
[I]t will be such a cheap cop out

Pun intended?

(I still hate the Sawyer-as-cop plot.)

Nope. Albany, NY: Close enough for culinary sharing!

I thought him being a cop was stupid, especially why he was a cop. It was bad writing, I thought.

But looking back, some of the characters are heavily stereotyped along with what they've done and their professions.

I agree with Kat and Jourdan. I think opening the door to Skate would make their closure a waste of time also.

I don't think he's over Juliet. It's not like she moved away, or broke up with him. She died, he's mourning her death still. He is being nice to all the losties he knows. It has nothing to do with him lusting after her. He's trying to get all of his friends home.

It's only been a few days since she died. That'd be really piggish if he went chasing after Kate, which I doubt he'd do.

Sawyer had a few months with Kate and 3 years with Juliet. He's obviously had more going on with Juliet.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
I thought him being a cop was stupid, especially why he was a cop. It was bad writing, I thought.

But looking back, some of the characters are heavily stereotyped along with what they've done and their professions.

Well, yeah, but I'd argue that when you have a stereotyped cast, changing the stereotype to the polar opposite feels just as stereotyped.

If Jack would turn into a fry cook at Burger King, if Hurley became a jerk, if Sayid suddenly went into business as a counselor, if Charlie became an accountant--all of that would be polar opposites (off the top of my head at 1 AM; I'm sure you can think of better ones) and would be bad writing. To me the better flashsideways have stuck with the similar occupations/same characteristics, and just twisted it slightly. As I think we've agreed before, Sawyer's flashsideways felt like an entirely different person.

Most ensemble shows have stereotypes (and I'm sorry to say 'Saved by the Bell' was the first example I thought of, but it totally works as an example), but they stick to the stereotypes and generally wreck the characters when they don't. That's largely my complaint about that plot, as well as (on-island) sapping Sayid's intelligence, as the resident Smart Hunches Guy in the plot. I feel like both have been done a disservice this season, barring a future discovery of their prior roles being confirmed (ie if Sayid was playing Flocke, or if Sawyer's cop shtick was all that, a shtick.) Hence...
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
Brooke wrote:

Well, yeah, but I'd argue that when you have a stereotyped cast, changing the stereotype to the polar opposite feels just as stereotyped.

If Jack would turn into a fry cook at Burger King, if Hurley became a jerk, if Sayid suddenly went into business as a counselor, if Charlie became an accountant--all of that would be polar opposites (off the top of my head at 1 AM; I'm sure you can think of better ones) and would be bad writing. To me the better flashsideways have stuck with the similar occupations/same characteristics, and just twisted it slightly. As I think we've agreed before, Sawyer's flashsideways felt like an entirely different person.

Most ensemble shows have stereotypes (and I'm sorry to say 'Saved by the Bell' was the first example I thought of, but it totally works as an example), but they stick to the stereotypes and generally wreck the characters when they don't. That's largely my complaint about that plot, as well as (on-island) sapping Sayid's intelligence, as the resident Smart Hunches Guy in the plot. I feel like both have been done a disservice this season, barring a future discovery of their prior roles being confirmed (ie if Sayid was playing Flocke, or if Sawyer's cop shtick was all that, a shtick.) Hence...

I meant that they were always a little bit stereotyped even from the beginning.

Sawyer being a cop reminded me too much of a bad lifetime movie. The lines were forced, cliche, and awkward. Especially the scenes between Miles and Sawyer.

I think they needed some more fleshed out people. For instance, Locke's job was the most realistic to me.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, okay Kate, I had to ask because I visited Vermont for the first time this summer and fell in love with it! But New York is just as cool The entire side of my mom's family lives in northern Jersey, so I go out there as often as I can because I'm crazy about Manhattan.

Anyway... no, there was no pun intended, I'm afraid. That was simply accidental wit. Usually I would try to take credit for something like that, but I feel fairly honest today so I'll just fess up.

I know that Sawyer might just be trying to be nice to Kate, and I really do believe in his character, but I'm just soooo paranoid. I could just see the writer's doing what they would think is a big twist but in reality would be an idiotic disaster. Like, 'Ohhhh we'll make them think it's Skate in season three, and then Jate in season four, and then we'll end with Skate!' Like as if the whole Jate flashforward thing was just a wrench in the storyline.

Jate is just... I swear to god they hate each other now, so I find it very difficult to root for them, but I hope the writers honored Suliet's memory. I just don't know why they're setting up Skate potential in the AU. If they have a love connection and remember I am going to looose it.

I actually don't mind Sawyer's cop storyline at all. I guess when you compare him to the Sawyer that first crashed on the island they are radically different, but if you compare him to the Sawyer he is now (if he wasn't devastated by Juliet's death) I think they're actually kind of similar. It just cracks me up that he's arresting all of our Losties, hahahaha.

Thanks Kat, for the spoiler consolation! I hope it doesn't turn out retarded, lol.

But I seriously cannot wait for next weeks! Things are falling into place finally!

Does anyone else think that Jack will become the new Jacob/Master of the Island? Lol.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
Ha, okay Kate, I had to ask because I visited Vermont for the first time this summer and fell in love with it! But New York is just as cool The entire side of my mom's family lives in northern Jersey, so I go out there as often as I can because I'm crazy about Manhattan.

Anyway... no, there was no pun intended, I'm afraid. That was simply accidental wit. Usually I would try to take credit for something like that, but I feel fairly honest today so I'll just fess up.

I know that Sawyer might just be trying to be nice to Kate, and I really do believe in his character, but I'm just soooo paranoid. I could just see the writer's doing what they would think is a big twist but in reality would be an idiotic disaster. Like, 'Ohhhh we'll make them think it's Skate in season three, and then Jate in season four, and then we'll end with Skate!' Like as if the whole Jate flashforward thing was just a wrench in the storyline.

Jate is just... I swear to god they hate each other now, so I find it very difficult to root for them, but I hope the writers honored Suliet's memory. I just don't know why they're setting up Skate potential in the AU. If they have a love connection and remember I am going to looose it.

I actually don't mind Sawyer's cop storyline at all. I guess when you compare him to the Sawyer that first crashed on the island they are radically different, but if you compare him to the Sawyer he is now (if he wasn't devastated by Juliet's death) I think they're actually kind of similar. It just cracks me up that he's arresting all of our Losties, hahahaha.

Thanks Kat, for the spoiler consolation! I hope it doesn't turn out retarded, lol.

But I seriously cannot wait for next weeks! Things are falling into place finally!

Does anyone else think that Jack will become the new Jacob/Master of the Island? Lol.

If you look back they've always done this with Sawyer/Kate. I honestly think they're throwing the skaters a bone here.

They know that if they make Skate end, Skate fans will stop watching. They know if they make Jate end, Jate fans will stop watching.

The triangle has always been about ratings.

Since season 2 it's been Skate then Jate towards the end.

I don't think it's going to end on Skate. In either timeline. They were toying with both ships in the AU timeline. I saw Kate more annoyed with Sawyer's advances in the other timeline. And she's right, the only reason why he let her go was because he didn't want anyone to know he was there. Otherwise he'd have let her go again.

Right now Sawyer has no idea who she is. He's being us usual 'pretty lady, throw on the over charm'. He was like that with every female character on Lost, so its' no surprise he's doing it here. They have no idea who each other are, she's back to being annoyed by him and thinking of him as the 'southern pervert' and he's back to being his usual overly charming self where he has to flirt with anyone with breasts.

Honestly, I don't think Jack and Kate hate each other. If she hated him, she wouldn't have been so upset at Sawyer for what he said to Jack. And if Jack hated Kate he wouldn't have looked at her before he was about to jump, because honestly he was the only thing that he'd be willing to stay on that boat for. And one of the reasons why Jack wanted to bomb to go off was because deep down, he wants Kate. He wants to believe that they're meant to be together. "If it's mean to be, it's meant to be". He wants to believe that. He wanted that bomb to go off for so many reasons, and a reshot with her was one of the reasons.

Right now, Jack understands he has a purpose on that island.
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else wondering if there's some kind of significance behind this?:

Spoiler:

If you consider that the first one is a mirror image, it's the same side and roughly the same placement.

I wonder if that was why Jack was so confused when he woke up? Maybe he saw the alt world too (like Juliet and Des)?

Btw, was I the only who didn't buy Sawyer not knowing who Anakin Skywalker is? He references Star Wars all the time.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally forgot about that, Samara! I'm *sure* there's significance, but I can't figure out what it is....

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athena Alexandria wrote:
Anyone else wondering if there's some kind of significance behind this?:

Spoiler:

If you consider that the first one is a mirror image, it's the same side and roughly the same placement.

I wonder if that was why Jack was so confused when he woke up? Maybe he saw the alt world too (like Juliet and Des)?

Btw, was I the only who didn't buy Sawyer not knowing who Anakin Skywalker is? He references Star Wars all the time.

I didn't buy it at all. He's the king of pop culture.

And he's the one who said 'the dark side' reference which is WHY Hurley mentioned Anakin.

At first I was annoyed. But then I got over it. Because right now Sawyer is trying to think of what's going on and getting them off the island, he's not thinking about anything but that. I do it all the time, i'll be concentrated on something else that something so easy fails me.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again, this is the same guy who thought Babar was pronounced 'Barbar' (sic) -- somehow I don't think nickname consistency was ever that high on his list of priorities, anyway!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: