Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"all we are - jate" by littleton_pace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*dies* *squeals* *then dies again*
AWWWW i love your jate video!!!! the colours were beautiful and it had such a mixture of all the best jate clips in there and then the fast pace at the end! fantastic!
And don't worry i never thought you were a skater xD Gold and I wish I could fave it at YT!!!

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol; thanks rosie I wish this was on youtube too bastards rejected it before it had even loaded glad ya liked and that you didn't think me a skater, lol

Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful vid, Kat! The colors were wonderful and the beat use was great! And the song also fit very well with jate! And of course I downloaded the HQ version... The videos looks even better in HQ!

_bel_
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Bel! HQ is awesome

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, Kat this was really cute! I loved your beat use, very awesome! Loved your clip choices too and I really liked how you ended it with them walking. I'm not a Jater anymore but I really like that scene for vids. Lovely vid!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankies jemmz! *hugs* glad a no-longer-jater still enjoyed it

IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh yay! I was way excited to see this! I love that you made a jate video to this song.
I really like the way you used your clips. Like, we all have to use the same jate scenes over and over, but you actually used shots that aren't normally shown in most jate videos and it worked really well. I also like the blue/yellow coloring. It look especially great on scenes that already had some natural bluish/yellow coloring like the glass wall scene and the scene from Tabula Rasa in the rain.

Everyone said it, but that freeze frame was awesome. So many people use freeze frames so awkwardly, but you pulled it off to have great emotional impact. That means you are a fantastic editor!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, thank you Yael! that's so sweet of you to say I'm thrilled you liked it!!

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: all we are - jate by littleton_pace Reply with quote

I finally got around to watching this and I just wanted to tell you how much I adored it!!! Reminds me of why I still am and always will be a Jater, even when things get all dark and angsty (like now)!

Like I think a few other people have said, I loved that you tried to include some clips that you don't often see in Jate vids (one of my favourites was the one from the cockpit where Jack reaches out for Kate's hand). It helped show all the different layers of their relationship, which is what makes it so great -- how even when they're not being cute and fluffy (which lets face it isn't that often! ) those feelings are always there. I really enjoyed some of your lyric interpretation, like that part about "I tried to walk in your shoes... they wouldn't fit". Showing her trial wasn't something I would have thought of but it worked really well! Anyway, I've gotta say I loved how you did that kiss montage and that you ended it (or almost ) with the proposal because it really is one of the most definitive Jate moments to date.
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: all we are - jate by littleton_pace Reply with quote

I just watched it again and I remembered that that other part I really loved was where you used Kate sewing Jack up in the pilot on "You changed my philosphy" because people seem to ignore that a lot (usually when they're trying to make a case for why Jack is cruel and overly-judgemental ) -- that Jack taught Kate to face her fears rather than run from them, which is one of the reasons she was able to go back and face her trial.
foxy9
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw... Kat this was amazing!! The beat use was spectacular and the lovely Jateness was flawless of course! Great job on this one!! I really liked your song choice too!

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, thanks Samara! I'm so glad you liked it Jaters Unite! I'm glad you liked the trial scene; that was one of the first i used:P I'm also so glad you picked out the sewing up scene; that's of the most poignant Jate scenes to me; where Jack says "You're not running now." That's like such a lightbulb moment for Kate

colleen - thanks so much sweetie lovely Jateness FTW

Fjorton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful video, Kat! I loved everything in this video; the beatuse, song and clip choices! After i saw this i got the feeling of making another jate video Anyway, wonderful video!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME I watched this some time ago but I haven't had the time to comment before now. Sorry
The wierd thing is that I was working on a skate video to this song and I was kinda loosing ideas and thoughts. So I decided to stop working on it. And then this video comes up! And it just inspires me so much So because of you im finally done with it. Thank you so much for making this
I loved your coloring and the beat use was totally awesome!! Also: The lyric interpretation made me speechless But now im ready to talk again The "moment of change" parts were amazing. And the "in your shoes" part, and the 2. "our goodbyes" part!
Just a really,really beautiful video. Everything was perfect and I enjoyed it so much, even though im a skater:)
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fjortan - thanks so much sweetie!

maja - oh good; im so glad you got inspired to finish your skate vid!!! glad you liked those parts in the vid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: