Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Cry Me A River" by Aislynn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallen_angel: Awww, thanks for saying that Angsty Jack is in your top ten! I really appreciate that! And glad to hear that the song is growing on you. It's funny, I don't know how Justin Timberlake has managed to have a career since everybody I think I know just seems to despise his music! Thanks again!

Ally: Thank you very much for saying that! It's especially cool to hear that people who normally aren't fans of the whole Sawyer/Kate/Jack triangle still enjoyed my vid!

blind.filmmaker: Thanks so much for the compliments! WMM1 is short for Windows Movie Maker, version 1. Now, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that WMM1 is the absolute lowest end of video editing software. It has no transitions, special effects, or titles, so everything you see in a WMM1 vid beyond a simple fade has been done "by hand." In my case, I use animation tricks to try and mimic some of the things that the bigger programs can do. I'm glad you got a kick out of those shots of Sawyer on "him;" they made me laugh, too! I'm a massive Sawyer fan, but even I can admit that he's smug!

Thank you all so much for taking time to comment!

~Aislynn
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Now, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that WMM1 is the absolute lowest end of video editing software.

I think it's Adobe Premiere that's the lowest end.

LOL, I got Adobe and I despise it. Everytime I make something with and save it any sort of file (WMV, MOV, MPG) It cuts the first five seconds of audio and then a minute cuts fifteen seconds from the video. No idea what's about.

Also, again, one of the best videos ever. Favorite Jack video.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with movieguy on Premiere, oh and the vid too. LOL Great work, but i prolly told you that like what 10 times already.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Lysbert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
fallen_angel: It's funny, I don't know how Justin Timberlake has managed to have a career since everybody I think I know just seems to despise his music!

Well, believe it or not, I was just looking around here and picked out to watch this video because of "Cry Me A River" Not that I'm a big JT fan, but I really like this song. It has a nice beat and I was soo happy to see that you used that in you video!!! I just love that; with all the flashes and repeating scenes on the beat and the scenes of Sawyer on the "him"-part. The video is getting darker and darker and the bridge is just fantastic.
I also think you made the triangle come out very well. Jack and Kate are getting along so well, but Sawyer litteraly always shows up again. And near the end Kate and Jack are both (or Jack almost..) crying and they're like growing apart.
And I don't know anything about vidding-programs, but this video looks really professional and has all the cool effects it needs. Love it!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy: I knew as soon as I wrote that that somebody would correct me! Isn't it weird how some editing programs work great for some people, then they won't work at all for others? Just weird, huh? Anyway, I really appreciate you saying that it's your favorite Jack vid! *does goofy happy dance* (It's not a pretty sight, I'm glad that none of you can see me right now... )

lostzilla: I have absolutely no problem with you repeatedly complimenting me and Angsty Jack. Feel free to compliment as much as you'd like to!

Lysbert: I'm SO glad to come across somebody who doesn't hate this song! Thanks so much for taking time to comment, especially in detail like that! It's always great to know what people think worked right! And I'm totally blown away that you said it looked professional! Thank you!

Thanks again, everyone!

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as this song goes: it ain't country or rap, thus it's not bad! I don't have any particular dislike of it at least. Not saying I'm gonna go out and buy the CD though LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kimberwyn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never in a million years did I think this song would ever work for Lost...but you pulled it off! This is one of my absolute favorites, and considering I dont really care for Jack that says alot. The effects are great towards the end too.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still love this vid! Glad it was bumped! Gave me an excuse to watch it again. (Still not a JT fan!)
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry not to have replied before now!

kimberwyn: Thank you so much! I'm such a Sawyer fan that it seems so weird to me that I keep ending up doing Jack vids for some strange reason! I just have an easy time vidding him, don't really know why! I'm glad that you thought I pulled the song off okay for both Lost and Jack! Thanks!

SuperKC: Thanks for giving Angsty Jack another watch! And it's still okay not to be a JT fan!

Thanks again for taking time to comment! It really makes my day!

~Aislynn
Mims_and_Jay
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think we can safely say this vid is a remarkable success.
There is one of my friends (not Mims) who is the biggest Jack fan in the world (I'm more of a Charlie person myself) and she either loved or hated this. To tell the truth, I didn't hear a lot of the video because Amy was too busy telling Kate everytime Jack spoke to her that he didn't like her and was saying no to their relationship going further.
But well done anyway!
Jay
xxx

http://www.lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3340
Pervy, but funny!
Banner from cyber tiger anime.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, Mims_and_Jay! To tell the truth, I'm a big-time Sawyer fan myself (which is why it's such a mystery that I've done so many Jack vids! ). But I just might have a Jack vid that you guys might enjoy a bit more... Well, any Jack fans might not, because he takes a bit of abuse in it (all in good fun, I swear! ). But non-Jack fans might get a kick out of:

"Hit The Road, Jack"

Available right here on LVI, but of course!

http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2382

Thanks for taking the time to comment on "Vertigo" and this vid as well!

~Aislynn
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, I love this video. Its just so good. I loved all the Jack clips you used when he's angry over Kate, and all the quick Sawyer clips of him smiling like a hot jackass. This video is BEYOND amazing.

*watches it again*
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thank you, Jackie! This was my first attempt at a "serious" vid and I can't help but remember how terrified I was to submit it to LVI! It still just absolutely makes my day to hear that somebody liked it!

*SQUEE!!!*

Sorry, I couldn't contain the squee any longer. When I'm happy, I have to squee or risk a squee overload. And NOBODY wants to overload their squee. It's a scientific fact. You can look it up and everything...

Thanks so much!

~Aislynn

PS - If I'm misspelling or, even worse, getting your name completely wrong, BTW, please accept my humble apologies and feel free to correct me, easilyjaded. I've had a monster of a week so it's a wonder that I know my OWN name right now! LOL!
Sawyer's girl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG !!! I know you already heard this a thousand times and that it won't be anythink new, but really BRILLIANT VID, AISLYNN I sometimes hate Jack too coz i'm a large fan of Sawyer and a sworn Skater So can you please upload it somewhere i can dowload it from coz i would really like to have it ant to show it to a friend of mine who loves Jack
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawyer's girl wrote:
OMG !!! I know you already heard this a thousand times and that it won't be anythink new, but really BRILLIANT VID, AISLYNN

Oh, believe me, I can never hear that too much!!! It's still a little shocking to me that people have actually liked my vids!

Sawyer's girl wrote:
So can you please upload it somewhere i can dowload it from coz i would really like to have it ant to show it to a friend of mine who loves Jack

I'm sending you a PM about that.

Thank you SO MUCH for the kind words!

*SQUEE!!!*

~Aislynn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: