Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stardael's Banners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stardael wrote:
Just thought I'd post this little set I made for use on another forum. I know you'll like this, Ais

Does anyone know how to make a .gif file smaller?

Oh I LOVE those! Sawyer and cookies, what could be better???

And about the GIF thing, other than losing resolution like Jen said, the only other way I know is to remove some of the frames and hopefullly not lose too much of the smoothness of the motion. What I do when I end up with a GIF that has a huge number of frames to it is to go through and remove every other one. That will cut it in half (less frames will equal a smaller file size) and usually it looks fairly similar to the original. Not always, of course, but that's an old trick I've used for forever to get my GIFs more manageable (I use them for many of my still pic animations in vids so I've done some trial-and-error on GIFs for a while now ).

Hope that helps!

Also, I love the Foxy blend! Great texture to it! I wish I could do such visually interesting work! Two thumbs up!
Stardael
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww... Thank you so much, everyone! It's great to hear that you like my work!

And thanks for the tip, Ais! I'll be sure to try it out

Aislynn wrote:
Also, I love the Foxy blend! Great texture to it! I wish I could do such visually interesting work! Two thumbs up!

Firstly, I was not very confident about the Foxy blend since I rarely make that kind of graphics, so I really appreciate these kind of compliments. Thank you so much! Secondly, I'm sure you could easily do something like this! It's really not as difficult as it looks. Okay, I admit it took me two years to find out how to use textures, but even then, I was surprised at how simple it really is. All I can really tell you is to keep going, just like with vidding. Practice makes perfect. And you can discover a lot of new little tricks by just experimenting. Obviously, I don't know how much experience you have with graphic making or how far your interest goes, but either way, I'm always willing to help if you or anyone else should want/need it. Just ask
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: