Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Years Resolutions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: New Years Resolutions Reply with quote

Firstly, thank you SO much to the amazing CMs for the place in the contest, I'm so happy right now!

Just so I know for future reference, what could I have done to make this into a Gold? I know some of my clip choices weren't the greatest, but I had to go with the clips I had... Thank you again!!

Supernatural Video Station
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...i know i'm not a CM but i just wanted to ask you something?
I saw that you're making a new thread every time your video didn't get Gold...or just to say thanks to the CM...Why is that?Why does Gold CP means so much to you?Are you making this videos for the Council members and the GOLD or for yourself?
Because i have many videos with Silver CP but i like all of them and i know that people have their own opinion and that fact that you've got Gold doesn't mean that your video is not good it's because these people have their own point of view....it's normal someone to like it and the other not to...think about it.
I'm far from being the best vidder here but i must say that the best award is people and espesially my friends to enjoy my work...
I feel very sad for people who think only how to get gold i'm not saying that you're that kind of person....but can you explain me what GOLD CP means for you and did you make videos only to get gold cp?
I don't want this post to sound rude or anything but every time i see your thread this question just pop up in my head.I don't want you to be mad at me...because i really like your videos but i want a honest answer.

And sorry for my broken english...i hope you understand me
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borislava wrote:
Hey...i know i'm not a CM but i just wanted to ask you something?
I saw that you're making a new thread every time your video didn't get Gold...or just to say thanks to the CM...Why is that?Why does Gold CP means so much to you?Are you making this videos for the Council members and the GOLD or for yourself?
Because i have many videos with Silver CP but i like all of them and i know that people have their own opinion and that fact that you've got Gold doesn't mean that your video is not good it's because these people have their own point of view....it's normal someone to like it and the other not to...think about it.
I'm far from being the best vidder here but i must say that the best award is people and espesially my friends to enjoy my work...
I feel very sad for people who think only how to get gold i'm not saying that you're that kind of person....but can you explain me what GOLD CP means for you and did you make videos only to get gold cp?
I don't want this post to sound rude or anything but every time i see your thread this question just pop up in my head.I don't want you to be mad at me...because i really like your videos but i want a honest answer.

And sorry for my broken english...i hope you understand me

Interesting questions, BL. I mainly make these threads in the 'Self Help' forum because a) I want to thank the judges for their decision, because to me any kind of recognition for my videos really is an honour, but mainly b) I like getting feedback on my videos, and especially if there's something I didn't do quite right or if there's some way I could improve on what I've done, I'd like to know about it, even if it's only for future reference.

What Gold CP (and Silver CP for that matter) mean to me... well. Gold CP means that my video works really well, and the people who - for lack of a better term - matter here, thought it deserved recognition (because, let's face it, the Gold and Silver CP'd vids are, as a rule of thumb, more watched). A Silver means that I maybe had a good idea but it wasn't executed well enough, or that some improvement is needed in regards to the idea/clip choices, etc.

You raised another interesting question - do I make videos to get Golds or for myself? Well - and you said you wanted an honest answer - to be perfectly honest, the answer is a little bit of both, but more for myself. The reason for this is, when I look back at my old videos and cringe, it makes me want to be better than that. I'm always looking for ways to improve what I do, and if that means asking for feedback about what I could have improved, so be it. But I also ask for feedback to find out what I did right, and why people liked the vid, because everyone likes positive feedback, right? I make videos because I get an idea, and I run with it.

Ultimately, a CP is just colours on a screen to me. You said that the biggest reward for you is that you and your friends enjoy it. That's exactly the same for me - I've made some great friends here, especially some of the CMs, and the fact that they enjoyed it enough to give it some sort of recognition really makes me happy - it's my friends enjoying the video, and effectively recommending it to other people.

Just so you know, I'm not mad and I hope my reply didn't sound rude either, because I don't want to upset anyone on here or cause friction, especially between myself and someone I respect as much as you. But you wanted an honest reply, and if it's offended you in any way, then I am sorry, I didn't mean to. If it makes you uncomfortable then I'll stop posting, I'll just PM the judges and ask for feedback in future. Which, come to think about it, is probably what I should have done in the first place

Many thanks,
Kayla

And CMs, feedback would be appreciated! Heehee!

Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i really ask for a honest answer and i think i got it I wanted to know what Gold means to you because i've seen so many people who are really obsessed with getting a positive and large feedback and getting many many comments and ratings (in other sites) and i think that's ridiculous...but now i've got a clear answer from you and it seems that Gold really means a lot for you but you're far from being sooo obsessed and that's good
I see that you really want to improve yourself as a vidder and this is great...

I hope you don't feel offended by my first post but this was something that i really wanted to know
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna hop in here, too. I have an "obsession" with the CPs as well, but the REASON, is not because I'm falling all over myself to impress the CMs or anything. MY reason for wanting gold CPs over silvers is that more people watch Gold CP vids than Silver CP vids, reflexively (I know, because I'm guilty of it, myself) and truthfully...I'm a big, fat, feedback whore. So I see where AP is coming from, here It's not about an unhealthy obsession with aiming to please others more than ourselves, it's about loving the vid we've made, but...having other people tell us how awesome we are for making it, and the more, the better
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borislava wrote:
Well i really ask for a honest answer and i think i got it I wanted to know what Gold means to you because i've seen so many people who are really obsessed with getting a positive and large feedback and getting many many comments and ratings (in other sites) and i think that's ridiculous...but now i've got a clear answer from you and it seems that Gold really means a lot for you but you're far from being sooo obsessed and that's good
I see that you really want to improve yourself as a vidder and this is great...

I hope you don't feel offended by my first post but this was something that i really wanted to know

Well, the main reason I like getting Golds (and Silvers, obviously) is that it spurs me on to do even better next time, and gives me the confidence to attempt new ideas that might never have got done if I hadn't had the amount of positive feedback about my skills - the thing about me is, if I'm not told that I'm good at something, then I don't think I am; it's kind of a personal thing.

And of course I don't feel offended by your first post! You asked a valid question, and it gave me a chance to write a long essay in reply (something I always like doing, heehee!)

AP x

AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
I'm gonna hop in here, too. I have an "obsession" with the CPs as well, but the REASON, is not because I'm falling all over myself to impress the CMs or anything. MY reason for wanting gold CPs over silvers is that more people watch Gold CP vids than Silver CP vids, reflexively (I know, because I'm guilty of it, myself) and truthfully...I'm a big, fat, feedback whore. So I see where AP is coming from, here It's not about an unhealthy obsession with aiming to please others more than ourselves, it's about loving the vid we've made, but...having other people tell us how awesome we are for making it, and the more, the better

Thanks Jen! That's exactly where I'm coming from. Ya know me!! Heehee.

PS: I haven't had any sweets, I'm just naturally hyper most of the time.

Kayla x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: