Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

January Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: January Contest Information Reply with quote

JANUARY 2007
Contest: Crossovers #2
Deadline: January 31st

The Details

The New Year is a chance for things to start over. And so, we're doing it too.

This year we thought we'd bring back some of the best contests of the last two years to give a new set of vidders a chance to compete. First up is a contest for a category that has gotten far too little attention over the years: Crossovers!

In May 2005, we had a contest to determine which video could mix Lost footage with footage from another show or movie and make a coherent, interesting story. This time we're doing the same, except we're throwing another little twist into the mix. Simply making a crossover is a bit too…easy. Instead, your goal here is to look a bit deeper.

This month, you will make a video comparing two characters, one from Lost, one from another fandom, and show us just how alike they are. What's a fandom without a Jack Bauer comparison, or some cruel jokes involving Locke and {insert character here}? Nothing! That's what! So get vidding!

The Rules
Specific Contest Rules:

* -Videos must compare one or more Lost characters with characters from another fandom
* -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
* -Running time should be around 3-5 minutes.
* -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "January 2007 contest submission" exactly for your vid's Description.

General Contest Rules:

* -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page
* -All regular submissions Rules apply.
* -Only one entry per vidder
* -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
* -Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit to host your files.
* -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for download at least until the end of the month. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
* -Have fun!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg you've got to be kidding me. Fantastic timing, Warren I'd been hanging onto a Lost/DLM xover for three months tweaking it and secretly hoping for a xover contest and I submitted it like a week ago and now HERE is the contest. Oy. I don't think I can put myself through another crossover right now

Well, everyone have a blasty with it! Can't wait to see the entries when they're up!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We felt like we *had* to do this contest because we had quite a lot of good crossover vids coming in lately.

I already have an idea for a crossover vid myself. It all depends now on whether I can get all the footage I need from the other non-Lost character.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow it sounds interesting.. now, just need to find a character in a different movie/show!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
omg you've got to be kidding me. Fantastic timing, Warren I'd been hanging onto a Lost/DLM xover for three months tweaking it and secretly hoping for a xover contest and I submitted it like a week ago and now HERE is the contest. Oy. I don't think I can put myself through another crossover right now

Well, everyone have a blasty with it! Can't wait to see the entries when they're up!!!

LOL well coincidentally I'm working on a Crossover right now but it wouldn't really fit to this contest . Lucky you, at least you can still submit that one it doesn't have to be new, you know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My crossovers don't have character comparissons, so I would have to make a new one. I don't know. I'm working on getting the footage and I'll see what happens. I feel bad that I keep pushing back Kaja's request in my project list

Either way, I'm excited to see what everyone else has
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
I feel bad that I keep pushing back Kaja's request in my project list

Don't worry about that, Jen.

I'm really excited about this contest, too, and I kinda hope that someone will do a Lost/X-Files vid.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww well thanks I'm still ripping episodes from Lost and I don't know how long it will take me to do all the DVDs and then download 3x1-3x6. I want to have everything before I even bother starting any new vids.

Anyone want any specific DVDs ripped? I'm heading to Hollywood Video to get Dead Like Me s1-2...I've got a gift card so I promise you don't have to feel bad... I have to go back tomorrow and return DLM, so I'll check back on this thread and see if anyone else wants anything else
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might enter if i can get episodes down/ plan a song but i always say ill enter and never find time
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh! I have a really good idea but no computer access at the moment

Supernatural Video Station
Kaory
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great challenge maybe i enter in this only one thing-: you have to use clips for the 2 fandoms or can be lost clips and audio for the other (like my sin city vid)??
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be a vid with clips from 2 fandoms, because you have to compare a Lost-character with a character from another show and show that they have some things in common.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not entering
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get the 2nd seasons of Lost OR DLM to rip, so I'm going to have to download everything. I won't have time to enter. Best of luck to everyone who does!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: