Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

awards system queries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: messed up awards system Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:

I find many vidders who aren't getting the picks they deserve

There ya go Jen, she did mention she'd noticed other vids not getting picks, mine was the only one she mentioned by name.

As the vidder in question, I'm reading all of this with a grain of salt. I know for a FACT that CPs are a touchy issue here with a lot of members, as evidenced by the overwhelming reaction to this thread. No matter what color you paint it, it is the thing that we are ALL striving for. And it DOES mean a lot - even if it is just the opinion of 11 people (friends). We are emotionally attached to these vids, whether we want to be or not.

I have told others, "don't worry, vid for yourself, CP, no CP, gold, silver, whatever. Do YOU like your vid? Is it enjoyable TO YOU? That's all that matters then." But when I got that Silver (my first by the way), all of that talk just went right out the window. Becca, sweet girl, really came to my defenses here (of her own volition) and at great expense to her. It took a lot of guts to stand up here in front of everyone and say what she did.

I think, xgene, that the majority of the council members were a bit taken aback at this and they didn't exactly welcome the insinuations, but for the most part they respected Becca's right to say what she did in an open forum. And I think that is the feeling of most people here, Jen included. Which I think is why she mentioned your name, because you seem to be one who doesn't agree with that sentiment. You said you agreed with the right of us to have and express an opinion, but not out in the open where everyone can participate.

At the end of the day, we are all friends. Paul, Aislynn, Jen, Steph, Marcus, myself and others chatted in MSN tonight and lots of laughter ensued. Even Becca was in there earlier in the day. There are no ill feelings toward anyone.

This has been a question that has weighed on the minds of many an LVIer. Whether now or in the past. Trust there are eyes watching this thread who are silently thanking Becca for her courage, because they themselves would never have the guts to do what she did.

Maybe it doesn't change anything, but I think it makes LVI a better place. Because here we all are, safe and sound, with our opinions out in the open, disagreements overcome (by a change of heart or simple resignation), and a bunch of really great friends.

(And I think we could all learn a thing or two from the wise words of Marcus-Son.)

Last edited by SuperKC on Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL, thanks for clarifying mistojen cause I really hate when I get negative responses back cause even if it may seem I'm being harsh, I'm only speaking my mind and I don't want to offend or cause any (or too much ) heat amongst my peeps. No one likes to feel uncomfortable.

I understand that Becca, if it's alright I use her real name , meant no harm and it's my mistake for choosing the wrong words to try reach my point (It's been a long day ). I understand and agree with both of you're guy's views, to some degree

I agree, I rather enjoy my silver rather than nothing as I like at that vid now and shudder at the fact that I actually submitted it the way it was *headdesk*

Quote:
Not to further beat a dead horse, but there was some similar controversy (not NEARLY as much as this, however) between the CMs and someone about my Final Destination: LOST vid. Becca knew about that, too, so I don't think she was basing her opinion on this singular video; I think Scorned was just an example she was using. She also did mention that there are a few she thought deserved Golds and ended up with Silvers, I think, although I could be wrong...I'm just too lazy to go back and look since that would mean doing a lot of copy & paste

Oooooohhhhh....thanks for the inside info on that. Helps me to better understand things, after all, I'm pretty much still a noob here. I don't blame you, who wants to go through the trouble of copy paste

All that said: No harm, no foul (hopefully tis a mutual thing to a degree)

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best thing for everyone to do in this situation is don't get your hopes up and at least if you do receive a CP of some sort then it will be a bonus, like others have said if you are proud of what you've done and you've received recognition from close friends and other members what should a shiny round picture next to your vid matter Don't be disheartened just be proud of what you've achieved and the fact the people comment and watch your hard work and effort put together
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgene wrote:
LoL, thanks for clarifying mistojen cause I really hate when I get negative responses back cause even if it may seem I'm being harsh, I'm only speaking my mind and I don't want to offend or cause any (or too much ) heat amongst my peeps. No one likes to feel uncomfortable.

No problem. I read your response and was like "wait, what?! I wasn't being nasty, was I?! "

Quote:
Oooooohhhhh....thanks for the inside info on that. Helps me to better understand things, after all, I'm pretty much still a noob here.

I've only been vidding since June and I've only really started taking part in the forum since August or September, so I'm a noob, too No worries.

Quote:
All that said: No harm, no foul (hopefully tis a mutual thing to a degree)

AMEN!

ETA:
fallen_angel wrote:
I think the best thing for everyone to do in this situation is don't get your hopes up and at least if you do receive a CP of some sort then it will be a bonus, like others have said if you are proud of what you've done and you've received recognition from close friends and other members what should a shiny round picture next to your vid matter Don't be disheartened just be proud of what you've achieved and the fact the people comment and watch your hard work and effort put together

I totally agree with this, BUT... (yeah, I know lookit me go )

The only reason the CPs mean ANYTHING to me, really, is because they draw in viewers. I say that in a general sense, because, I mySELF am guilty of skipping over vids with nothing or with Silvers and go straight for watching the Golds, unless I personally "know" the vidder. I fail.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, there's really only ONE way to resolve this...

Adorable pirate cookies!

Yay! Pirate cookies for everybody! They're arrrrrr, good, matey!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! I love pirates!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais. You know I prefer Boone cookies to solve a problem.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

argh WOOT!!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:

Yeah Ais! What is your cookie-toting problem?
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
mistojen wrote:

Yeah Ais! What is your cookie-toting problem?

Seriously!
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I think, xgene, that the majority of the council members were a bit taken aback at this and they didn't exactly welcome the insinuations, but for the most part they respected Becca's right to say what she did in an open forum. And I think that is the feeling of most people here, Jen included. Which I think is why she mentioned your name, because you seem to be one who doesn't agree with that sentiment. You said you agreed with the right of us to have and express an opinion, but not out in the open where everyone can participate.

Well, thanks for pointing out that I'm the fascist pig of the group and how I'm clearly at ends with all, that actually helps, in all seriousness. Yes, it may be in some way hypocritical in what I said. I believe there are some things that should and should not be said. As I said in my first post:

xgene wrote:
Quote:
I find many vidders who aren't getting the picks they deserve while others seem to be getting picks reguardless of their quality.

I'm sorry but this offends me as I feel targeted. For one thing you go on and give an example or a vidder who "deserves" more recognition from the council (not saying the vidder you chose doesn't deserve it ) but you are in fact being "sly" in not saying who doesn't, to be fair, who would. The point is don't start pointing fingers this way and that especially when a statment like that is so vague it affects all vidders, it's quite rude to both your vidding peers and CM.

Things that may be potentially hurtful to others I don't agree with and though what she said may or may not have included me, it included someone and I won't stand idly by and let someone make me feel weird on the internet, I get that enough in my life and I don't NEED IT!

So YES, I don't think certain things that call to question someone's merrit, ability, or most personal things should be said, at least without good backing info. To call out people and not even say who they are is not cool by me, it's the same as talking behind someone's back and acting like a friend. SO SORRY for being a hypocrite if you see it that way or however you see me. You know what, I don't give a flying f*** anymore, why do I bother trying to say anything when I'm always the odd man out. So I'll shut up, revert back to being anti social, continue my hypocritical gripes and crawl back to my sh**hole to die now. I'm wrong, there, I see that now, pay no attention, if you ever did, to everything I've said on these f****** forums. I guess that last lovely remark was the final nail so I'm out.

[b]I don't want to leave with any of you thinking this little prick hates anyone on these forums cause I don't, whether that's mutual, I highly doubt especially after this. Sorry for my crude and rude post, I'm obviously going through one of those points in my life, again. Needless to say, I need to recollect myself. I apologize, I'm sorry. So that's it, flame about me with your friends, do whatever, maybe by luck I'll stay away from this forum at least till I'm brave enough to come back.

So, this whiney mother f***** is finally going. Have nice life all. Peace

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! xgene! I was simply explaining why I personally thought Jen mentioned your name specifically! I didn't mean to make you upset again! Please don't take it that way!

*cries*
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks you guys for standing up for me anbd for the other opinions.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, xgene, just relax...nobody here means to upset anyone, and KC wasn't attacking you or anything. Please don't leave!

Oh and I'm the pig of the group, please don't take my title!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mon Frere...you rock my world
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: