Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter, Baby
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Harry Potter, Baby Reply with quote

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter/thegobletoffire/

Am I the only one dorky enough to love this shit?
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I thought this was the thread dedicated to Warren LOL wrong!

Not a Potter Fan so.....Blah!

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought this was the thread dedicated to Warren

Ahaha. Not quite, but very close. I am such a Potter fan. It's pathetic really.
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't read any books and didn't like the first 2 movies. BUt I really enjoyed that last one. I even got to see it on an IMAX screen. I hope GoF will be as good but for some reason I kind of doubt that it will. we'll see...
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEEEEEE!!!!!!! THANK YOU for linking this!!!! I didn't know the trailer was out yet!

I'm OBSESSED with Harry Potter! I'm counting the days until book 6! MAN GoF looks AWESOME! It's my favorite of the books so I'm excited/nervous to see how it's going to be realized on film. I hope they don't have to cut too much out. I'm most looking forward to the end though. How awesome is that going to be?

*squee!!!*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Goblet of Fire is also my favorite book.

It's the "Do No Harm" of Harry Potter don't you think? SPOILER....

The year the stakes were raised because they lost one of their own for the first time...
Harry

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG thx for posting this... I love the Potter Series... My fav book and movie was Prisoner of Azkaban... Cant wait to c this one!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with BTVSFreak, POA was my fave book and fave movie so far. Book Five pissed me off. I threw it against the wall in protest, then my mom got mad that I made a teensy weenst tear in the dust cover. I have HBP on hold but I'm not that sure if I really wanna read it.

B
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to stop yourself from reading it, B. I dare you.
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Order of the Phoenix! I can understand why someone would be pissed off at it though. Especially people who really liked a certain character (and yes, I was sad to see him go, but he wasn't my favorite--that said, they'd better leave Lupin alone!!!).

I liked it because the character of Harry was a lot darker. I'm a sucker for angst and pain and OoTP was FULL of it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Didn't read any books and didn't like the first 2 movies. BUt I really enjoyed that last one. I even got to see it on an IMAX screen. I hope GoF will be as good but for some reason I kind of doubt that it will. we'll see...

So with you there E. I just didn't like the first two at all, bu t I was RAVING about the third! Too bad that new director they brought in is being replaced for # 4
Order of the Phoenix pissed me off to no avail, mostly because I just SOOOOO HATED that evil witch Umbridge. But it was nice when it all finally worked out. I wasn't all that inconsolable when -spoiler- died, but I did feel like the entire book could have easilly been skipped and the story would still be intact... they basically ended up where they left off in #4, minus -spoiler-'s death. Not my favourite of the books, that's for sure.
E, you should read the books, or at least the next ones (I doubt you'll like the old books nearly as much when you have those crappy movies in your head) the books are a HELL of a lot better than the movies. If you liked the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, you'll probably enjoy Harry Potter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still liked book 5 - Umbridge! Oh my god I almost forgot about her! (But how could you? Really!)

Man, I'm gonna have a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the night because of that...
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I still liked book 5 - Umbridge! Oh my god I almost forgot about her! (But how could you? Really!)

Man, I'm gonna have a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the night because of that...

Seriously! Umbridge is IMO the most hateful character in modern literature. I just wanted her to die a horrible death more and more with every line of hers I read. It's rare that just reading about a fictional character would make me that angry but Umbridge just...ugh...don't even get me started.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're totally right about her - I mean, there are some pretty terrible characters in the books - but none evokes such hatred in me as Umbridge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: